SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

It is great that we are getting Ezra on campus but the likelihood of stealing him from the Bison seems very slim.

I agree it will be difficult for UND to convince him to commit to UND over NDSU, but to be able to even convince him to come to GF tells me two things:

1) We will go after anyone who is a good athlete, student, and person, regardless of NDSU's interests. I love that mindset from Bubba & staff.

2) The message that Bubba is sending to the recruits is sincere yet convincing. It provokes both pride and curiosity, which is something UND was missing with the previous regime.

• Upvote 2

A little birdie told me that NDSU just offered Develyn Ferguson a full scholly. He turned them down. Also heard they upped their offer on Elsner too. Good to know people in WI right now. ;)

There are a bunch of battles going on and I love it. This staff is fighting to the end on all their offerees.

• Upvote 1

A little birdie told me that NDSU just offered Develyn Ferguson a full scholly. He turned them down. Also heard they upped their offer on Elsner too. Good to know people in WI right now. ;)

There are a bunch of battles going on and I love it. This staff is fighting to the end on all their offerees.

Is this what the SFI tweet from earlier today was about?

Develyn Ferguson is looking like a good get for us. I love how he's reaching out in the twitterverse to connect with the other guys.

I love that kid's attitude already. He seems to be a Dustin Iverson-type leader in this class already. That attitude is contagious.

I just want to introduce myself as a new Sioux fan! I've been following your discussions & debates which illustrate the passion and fire that exists with this Flagship University. I feel like I know more about UND football than I do my favorite NFL team. As a lifetime sports fan, former athlete, and youth coach of every sport imaginable, I find that UND does an excellent job with keeping parents and alumni in touch with ALL UND athletics. I am also the proud father two sons that play college football, one of which proudly joined the Fighting Sioux with the 2013 recruiting class (Hunter Wharton #42) and the other plays for Air Force. He not only rooms with Cole Reyes, his mother and Cole's mother were High School friends from Brawley California (6 degrees of separation). That's right; Cole and Hunter were born in the same town! I just wanted you guys to know that Reyes, Wharton, and Norberg (and many others) are dedicated kids that eat, drink, and live UND football. They speak highly of all coaches the kids in their class and are truly motivated to bring this program back to prominence. The future looks bright!

This post pretty much sums up all I've ever heard about their class. Work ethic, character, family. That's a winning combo and those young guys have it.

I just want to introduce myself as a new Sioux fan! I've been following your discussions & debates which illustrate the passion and fire that exists with this Flagship University. I feel like I know more about UND football than I do my favorite NFL team. As a lifetime sports fan, former athlete, and youth coach of every sport imaginable, I find that UND does an excellent job with keeping parents and alumni in touch with ALL UND athletics. I am also the proud father two sons that play college football, one of which proudly joined the Fighting Sioux with the 2013 recruiting class (Hunter Wharton #42) and the other plays for Air Force. He not only rooms with Cole Reyes, his mother and Cole's mother were High School friends from Brawley California (6 degrees of separation). That's right; Cole and Hunter were born in the same town! I just wanted you guys to know that Reyes, Wharton, and Norberg (and many others) are dedicated kids that eat, drink, and live UND football. They speak highly of all coaches the kids in their class and are truly motivated to bring this program back to prominence. The future looks bright!

Welcome to the board, glad you have joined us. It is absolutely great to hear about the dedication your son and many others have to our FB program. I am confident, with kids like yours, UND will be back to respectability immediately and soon be serious contenders for post-season action. Lastly - I think it is great that you and apparently many of the relative newcomers to the program identitfy themselves with the FIghting Sioux!!

Please post your thoughts often - it is great to hear how player's parents view the program and UND in general!

Couldn't agree more! There are some very talented 2011 kids that are hungry and ready to make an immediate impact!