SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

A lot of recruits don't commit until January, so UND will be fine when the staff starts up recruiting. Will it be a wonderful class? No, but it won't be horrible either.

This rambling by Ag school know-it-alls is ridiculous. When a coach is fired, either at the FBS or FCS level, it usually is in November. At that time, recruiting stops. No recruit wants to be recruited by an individual that won't be at the school in a few weeks. The recruits are gonna wait to see who the future head coach is.

Faison knows what he's doing. This is how it is done around the country every year when a coach is fired to conclude the regular season. The Ed Orgeron example is not a good one because he is the interim, not a fired assistant during the end of the season. USC's regular season is still going on and they're having success! So it's no comparison.

When the new staff is hired in December, they'll have over a month to bring some recruits in. Plus, Faison is emphasizing the hiring of a great recruiter. This team will be fine. I have all the faith in the world in Faison; remember, he didn't hire Mussman. He has decades worth of DI experience- he'll come up with someone we've probably never heard of from a FBS school and it will be a slam dunk.

• Upvote 1

If I had a guess after listening to and reading Faison's comments after he released Muss, he probably has a short list of one...and possibly 1A, of which he probably has an answer already...just needs to pull the trigger as soon as the logistics of the job posting allow.

One good thing about Faison is he couldn't care less about what anyone thinks he should do. He knows his plan and is going to stick to his guns.

Truth. I'd say odds are better than 50% that his choice is someone that hasn't been mentioned or only in passing.

The damage to recruiting has already been done. This program is a festering wound that needed to be scrubbed out. I don't give a s**t what other programs do or have done. I don't want any one of these guys representing UND in a living room unless the new coach chooses him for that purpose. But, that must be the choice of the new coach and his staff. If that means they lose out on a month or two so be it.

This reclamation project is bigger than this recruiting class, which, I'm not particularly optimistic about.

I agree entirely. This recruiting class is going to be a bust overall, but it's too late to change it. Get in a good guy and make sure the recruiting is done right NEXT year. I'm not buying the argument that these kids don't decide until mid January where they are going. From what I've seen, the XDSU's have gotten commits from lots and lots of kids.

We'll get enough guys to fill the scholly's, but I'm not expecting a lot really top notch talent, but rather the guys that didn't get offers anywhere else.

I agree entirely. This recruiting class is going to be a bust overall, but it's too late to change it. Get in a good guy and make sure the recruiting is done right NEXT year. I'm not buying the argument that these kids don't decide until mid January where they are going. From what I've seen, the XDSU's have gotten commits from lots and lots of kids.

We'll get enough guys to fill the scholly's, but I'm not expecting a lot really top notch talent, but rather the guys that didn't get offers anywhere else.

The new coach may have some kids that him and his staff have been recruiting at other schools. I won't completely write off this class or annoint it anything until signing day in Feb. To completely say this class and this recruiting season has been a bust is very premature. I would hope that the previous staff identified a list of 10-20 recruits worth staying in touch with and turned that over to Coach Bachol. Anything outside of that is asking to much and a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

Too early to say it will be a bust. We don't even know who the new head coach is yet.

I'm sure you were doing backflips when we signed Hardin right?

Let's see ... I run Company X and I just fired my Sales staff, but I'm going to send them out to try to close that last big sale. Uh-huh ... ri-i-i-ight.

<facepalm>

If there are recruits in the pipeline I'd expect an executive officer like Mr. Faison will be (or have someone) contacting them to update them, within NCAA rules and regulations obviously.

• Upvote 1

Strength Coach Guy Nate is out there running football for UND, ... by him-lonesome-self, ... no help, ... no one else at UND has any experience recruiting or knows anything about football, or is in a position to say good things about UND Football, ... if only there were someone on campus to help Nate in the interim ... <cough> ... Faison himself ... <cough> ... Mannausau ... <cough> ... UND FB SID ... <cough-cough> ... but Nate's alone on an island ...

</cynicism>

Strength Coach Guy Nate is out there running football for UND, ... by him-lonesome-self, ... no help, ... no one else at UND has any experience recruiting or knows anything about football, or is in a position to say good things about UND Football, ... if only there were someone on campus to help Nate in the interim ... <cough> ... Faison himself ... <cough> ... Mannausau ... <cough> ... UND FB SID ... <cough-cough> ... but Nate's alone on an island ...

</cynicism>

Shhhh you've already said too much. Now Dan knows....