SiouxSports.com Forum

Measure 4 tv ad

darell1976

Voting No will not "stick it to the NCAA." They will let us keep the name. They never siad that we absolutely had to change it. But if we do keep in now, we will have sanctions against us. So if we vote to keep the NCAA, they aren't going to admit they were wrong, say their sorry, or lift the santions. So by voting No you would not be "sticking it" to the NCAA. You would be "sticking it" to UND and its athletic department.

Hey guys, Dave's meth dealer here. Just dropping by to let you know that I'm getting out of the business on a high note, before the nickname business gets settled.

If any of you are interested in picking up a grade-A client, he'll probably be looking to buy!

The sad thing you and Dave and Fetch don't realize is, it's not about you. It's about UND, the student athletes and the majority of alumni and fans who understand what is at stake. "After 9 years earning 3 bachelor and one master degrees I never heard anyone talking about sports to start with at UND." Not really believable since you are posting on here quite a bit. You never heard anyone talking about sports???

When you look at this from a purely selfish, childish point of view like you do, maybe it makes sense. But, if you look at the facts that have been repeatedly stated on this board and in the media it shows that even someone with multiple degrees can be an utter bonehead if they choose to ignore facts and be childishly undiscerning and self centered.

You applaud people for keeping the "same stance" through all this, like it's a good thing. As situations change, so do the solutions. If you could discern the facts you'd understand that. But, I guess it's easy to understand coming from someone who never heard about UND sports in 9 years of class time.

Not in the classroom was it a topic of discussion. The logo was never brought up for discussion at all either. As for a childish point of view is this your way of defending the viewpoint that you argued for years instead of admiting that you were wrong all along? The situation changed years ago, like back in 2005, and for the next 6 years who was it that was denying that the NCAA could do what they want? Oh yeah that would be all the logo supporters here who denied what Mac Schneider said and others as being truthfull.  Though now they are parroting the same thing like they thought it up. Give me a break. You guys remind me of Ralph being tough until he went crawling to the Gaming Commish to keep his license. I don't agree with DaveK and Fetch's stance but all of you here now talk about hurting the university and all along that is what you all were doing. Why can't you people admit that you were being the idiots instead of attacking Fetch and DaveK for what you had been advocating for yourself? Reminds me of Romney dancing away from RomneyCare. Or Newt being for a single payer plan before he was against it. You can not have it both ways. Besides the kids go to games for the social aspect and not really to watch.

Reminds me of Romney dancing away from RomneyCare. Or Newt being for a single payer plan before he was against it. You can not have it both ways. Besides the kids go to games for the social aspect and not really to watch.

Keep the politics out. Thank you.

Signed,

The Moderation Team

Hey guys, Dave's meth dealer here. Just dropping by to let you know that I'm getting out of the business on a high note, before the nickname business gets settled.

If any of you are interested in picking up a grade-A client, he'll probably be looking to buy!

Do you sell the memory loss or denial pills to the rest of the posters here? They are getting them from someone.

Oh yeah that would be all the logo supporters here who denied what Mac Schneider said and others as being truthful.

I do believe Mac supported the logo until the price got too high (sanctions).

My turning point was the settlement agreement. I really didn't like the terms, but the State negotiated it and I don't want the State to renege on a deal.

Keep the politics out. Thank you.

Signed,

The Moderation Team

Then enforce the rest of the rules fairly and stop allowing the personal attacks on Fetch and DaveK. Thank you. Besides my analogies were on topic here. Unlike saying they are DaveK's meth dealer which you did not say anything about, hmm. You know where it says in the rules no personal attacks. If you do ban me for this and not the others your hypocricy would show.

I do believe Mac supported the logo until the price got too high (sanctions).

My turning point was the settlement agreement. I really didn't like the terms, but the State negotiated it and I don't want the State to renege on a deal.

Hate to say it but BS. You did not switch until along time after the agreement along with everyone else here. You switched when you took off the blinders and joined reality where you saw the truth of the matter and what the sanctions would do. Time to head over to Pros Ranch Market for a tasty chorizo and egg burro with a strawberry agua fresca. Then to the library for some more books, followed by an afternoon of lounging around the pool since it is suppose to be 108 today.

As for a childish point of view is this your way of defending the viewpoint that you argued for years instead of admiting that you were wrong all along?

You're getting what you've wanted all along (no more moniker) but not for the reason you want. So you're railing against those that are giving you what you claim you wanted. You just can't be happy with getting what you wanted.

So you try the righteous / sanctimonious approach against folks who have UND's best interests above your crusading cause.

I bet it's tough to learn that support for UND trumped your life's mission after all.

In 2005 the state still had the opportunity to get tribe approval and avoid sanctions. This is not the case in 2012. Things have changed so you're just going to have to deal with it. There were those who believed the name should be dropped in 2005 because they saw it as racist (See: Watchmaker) and there are those who believe the name should be dropped now because not doing so would result in sanctions which harm the University (See: Most posters on this forum).

I think we allow a fair amount of leeway in conversations here, but like the sicatoka said a bit earlier, let's use a little decorum and stay away from this sort of aspersion, ok? The whole conversation and everyone reading it will be better off for it.

Everyone gets frustrated with other posters who don't agree with them from time to time, let's just find a better way to express it.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hate to say it but BS. You did not switch until along time after the agreement along with everyone else here. You switched when you took off the blinders and joined reality where you saw the truth of the matter and what the sanctions would do. Time to head over to Pros Ranch Market for a tasty chorizo and egg burro with a strawberry agua fresca. Then to the library for some more books, followed by an afternoon of lounging around the pool since it is suppose to be 108 today.

So "taking off the blinders" and changing your viewpoint is worse than sticking to a harmful viewpoint?

Voting No will not "stick it to the NCAA." They will let us keep the name. They never siad that we absolutely had to change it. But if we do keep in now, we will have sanctions against us. So if we vote to keep the NCAA, they aren't going to admit they were wrong, say their sorry, or lift the santions. So by voting No you would not be "sticking it" to the NCAA. You would be "sticking it" to UND and its athletic department.

I know it and you know it, but Dumbass Al and his clan still think they can stick it to the NCAA. Even when the NCAA told him he was an idiot (okay not to his face).

Vote No for your own selfish desires, Vote Yes for UND.
On a bit of a side note, I was thinking of the aftermath of the vote. Let's say (which I believe) that Yes wins and the name is finally retired. Will you still wear Sioux garb to the games? I kind of think that after they choose new name, out of respect for the student athletes, I won't. I may not wear the new nickname items, but I don't think I would wear the Sioux stuff at the games. I'll wear Sioux stuff around the house, in public, etc., but when they choose the new name, I kind of feel like we need to support the teams. We should leave our Sioux stuff at home and either wear the new name or just a "North Dakota" sweatshirt, etc..
  • Upvote 1

On a bit of a side note, I was thinking of the aftermath of the vote. Let's say (which I believe) that Yes wins and the name is finally retired. Will you still wear Sioux garb to the games? I kind of think that after they choose new name, out of respect for the student athletes, I won't. I may not wear the new nickname items, but I don't think I would wear the Sioux stuff at the games. I'll wear Sioux stuff around the house, in public, etc., but when they choose the new name, I kind of feel like we need to support the teams. We should leave our Sioux stuff at home and either wear the new name or just a "North Dakota" sweatshirt, etc..

I would still wear both Sioux and the UND whatevers gear. Kind of a mix and match. I cheer for North Dakota....no matter what the nickname is.

I would still wear both Sioux and the UND whatevers gear. Kind of a mix and match. I cheer for North Dakota....no matter what the nickname is.

I agree with you. I will probably still wear Sioux gear for a while off and on. But I will start buying the new items when they become available and will shift to it in support of the current athletes at that time.

Looking through my closet I do own a couple shirts that just says University of North Dakota with the ND logo. No Sioux name, no Indian logo. I wear it as proudly as I would if it did have the Sioux name and Indian logo on it. If the name goes...the school still survives.

So, in your world... having strong opinions and vehemently defending said opinions when they come under attack = narcissism?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! :lol:

No.

Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

Definition

By Mayo Clinic staff

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder generally believe that the world revolves around them. This condition is characterized by a lack of ability to empathize with others and a desire to keep the focus on themselves at all times.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.

Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive. The sometimes dangerous lifestyle may more generally reflect sensation-seeking or impulsivity (e.g., risky sex, bold financial decisions).

• Upvote 1