SiouxSports.com Forum

Measure 4 tv ad

darell1976

If you think the behavior and attitudes that I exhibit on this board are examples of narcissism, then I don't think you really know what narcissism is. But thank you for providing me with so many good laughs at your own expense. :lol:

I will let the list of symptoms speak for themselves.

Still waiting for some examples of how my behavior resembles your list of symptoms.

Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

• React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
  • Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
  • Have excessive feelings of self-importance
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
  • Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Need constant attention and admiration
  • Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
  • Have obsessive self-interest
  • Pursue mainly selfish goals

Enlighten me...

• When have I reacted to critcism with rage, shame, or humiliation? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I taken advantage of other people to achieve my own goals? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I had excessive feelings of self-importance? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I had unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I shown a need for constant attention? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I disregarded the feelings of others and shown little ability to feel empathy? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I shown obsessive self-interest? I can't think of any examples.
  • When have I pursied mainly selfish goals? I can't think of any examples.

I asked for EXAMPLES of how my behavior resembles the list of symptoms. You have yet to give me one single example, all you did is copy and paste the symptoms with some of them in bold. You'll have to come up with some examples of how something that I have posted here resembles the symptom for each and every one of the symptoms in bold. You are really beginning to make yourself look silly with your baseless accusations here. If you're going to throw crap at the wall in the hopes that it might stick you had better be ready to back it up. Without examples to back it up, it appears you are full of hot air.

Why would I bother listing examples for you when you won't accept a single one of them as a fact. But don't worry, it wouldn't include things like the fact that you're willing to destroy a college athletic department rather than give up a simple sports nickname. It wouldn't include calling people Nazi's, or PC zealots, or morons, or any other names just because they disagree with you. It wouldn't include the fact that you make up word definitions, and try to change what you've said when you are proven to be wrong. It wouldn't include any of those things because in your world you don't do those things. :whistling:

Admittedly I have done some of those things but I don't see a single one of them as being an example of any of the bold items in your list. Again, I may be many things (opinionated, stubborn, and argumentive for sure) but narcissistic is not one of them. I sure do get a kick out of the fact that you think so though!!! :D:lol::p

And exactly how many narcissistic people do you believe are able to recognize their narcissism?Probably very few.

What's your take on "Chewey"? I notice you leave him out of your sanctimonious defenses of DaveK and Fetchy. You two have had some very classic and very personal public rows on here over the past few months . It'd be only fair to include your friend, Chewey, as another champion in your hollow protests against "hypocricy" and your cheerleading for blind consistency and ignorance in the face of new realities.

Don't get me wrong, I like Chewy's well thought out opposing take on things. He adds value to the discussion; I'm just curious why you left out someone who's been your obsession for so long now. :)

Mostly because Chewey has not been around lately or I would have included him also. I get the new realities and the funny thing is I was in understanding of the new realities while you were still cheering on the logo like the people you now blast. When I mentioned a long time ago that the NCAA was the big dog who was going to get pissed at the Yorkie (UND Fans) nipping at their nuts they were going to get pissed and chomp a big part out of their ass and I was blasted for saying it. So don't bring up reality since you chose not to recognize it for years. As for Chewey he stood his ground while you praised him and lambasted him. You guys really are a bunch of hypocrites and don't start with the sanctions that will hurt UND so you changed your mind. We knew these sanctions were coming for years and all of you chose to ignore the fact. Now that you see the fact you all become so sacronistic (sp?) over the sanctions. Hence, discription of hypocricy displayed here on a daily basis. Furthermore, when a pack forms with the characteristics of narcissism is it still narcissism or simple group think then? Also why can't DaveK, Fetch, and Chewey beieve what they want since it will never hurt you or the university? It is their right to feel the way they want. How come I can have a respectable conversation with all three of them even though I have told all three that we are on the opposite sides of the fence? Simply because I respect their convictions. Try it sometime and see the responce.

Fetchy will vote NO along with true Sioux Fans & those that know it is the right thing to do - Not listen to a bunch of know it all smartazzed minons

If this vote is held in 2005 immediately following the NCAA's initial ruling, I think that over 95% of the people on this site would be voting to keep the name. You know this. We all agree that it is wrong that the NCAA has forced it to come to this. All of us voting YES love the Fighting Sioux name and hate to see it go. But what has been said a million times before, the sanctions will destroy UND's atheltic department.

Let's just say the NO vote wins. what is the next step then? ND lawmakers take the results to the NCAA and what are they going to say? "Ok, that's fine, but you will have to live under the sanctions." Is this really what NO voters want? The NCAA is not going to budge on their policy. We are all still waiting to hear from Dave, Fetch, and the rest how playing under the santions is going to be good for UND and is "the right thing to do."

Let's just say the NO vote wins. what is the next step then? ND lawmakers take the results to the NCAA and what are they going to say? "Ok, that's fine, but you will have to live under the sanctions." Is this really what NO voters want? The NCAA is not going to budge on their policy. We are all still waiting to hear from Dave, Fetch, and the rest how playing under the santions is going to be good for UND and is "the right thing to do."

Some people actually think the NC$$ really cares about what voters in North Dakota do. It's pretty amusing really, given the organization's disdain for the political process. As for Dave, Retch, et. al, they've made it abundantly clear they don't give a shiat about the school itself or its student-athletes.

Maybe Soderstrom can get a appeal

I won't surrender until it is absolutely over

Only real worry is no home playoffs or playoffs at another site that we cannot wear Sioux Logo - I can live with that

The NCAA wouldn't take that meeting. They would say that they covered it last August, and that they shouldn't have had to cover it then.

Some voters don't know anything about the sanctions. Some actually believe that the sanctions are minor. Those are probably the main targets for the Alumni Foundation advertising. Some voters don't care about the sanctions because they either don't care about UND, or they only care about hockey and believe that the sanctions won't affect hockey. And then there are the people that will vote to keep the name just because they know it will hurt UND and that's what they want. I hope that this group is very small.

The next step if the vote is No would be to go back to the Supreme Court and try to get the law declared unconstitutional.

Only real worry is no home playoffs or playoffs at another site that we cannot wear Sioux Logo - I can live with that

There are other consequences that we can debate till the cows come home, but do you really think not being able to host a playoff game is not going to drastically damage UND and its teams? How many FCS.D1-AA Champions have played 3 road games en route to a National Championship. ZERO!!! So you are basically saying that Keeping the name is more important than ever winning a National Championship in football. Maybe you can live with that, but I doubt the players and coaches on the football team would share the same sentiment!!

• Upvote 3

There will be no appeal. No home games is a big deal because it will chase away talented recruits. That means less chance of winning games and less chance of getting to go to the playoffs.

And of course you can live with it. None of the sanctions affect you personally. But they will affect the school and the athletic department; as well as the students, coaches and staff of the teams. Ask them if it bothers them.

Retch - Nice - You will win over votes acting like a Smart Azz - shaking my head - feeling sad for those who follow your lead

You haven't presented any hard evidence on why keeping the nickname is a good thing or how UND will avoid getting hurt. You just make comments like the one above or say something about how you can live with the sanctions.

Obviously someone who's word should be taken at face value:

So if their lawsuit gets thrown out this week, will you admit it's time to move on?

I don't think that will happen but yes what else is there

YES the Name is more important than the dream of championships

THE most proposterous statement that I think I have ever heard!!! So you would rather be known as the Fighting Sioux and have UND not be succesful in every sport they play in. Are you even a fan of the teams and atheletes that compete at UND? Or are you just a fan of wearing your Sioux merchandise you buy at the Siouxshop?

• Upvote 1

YES the Name is more important than the dream of championships

I pray you keep posting comments like this.

The ironic thing is people like you and Dave have done more to torpedo the vote than any of the people you constantly argue with on here, what do you think any sane person who comes here looking for guidance on the vote thinks when they read things like this and "I would rather they eliminated athletics than change the name"?

Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

THE most proposterous statement that I think I have ever heard!!! So you would rather be known as the Fighting Sioux and have UND not be succesful in every sport they play in. Are you even a fan of the teams and atheletes that compete at UND? Or are you just a fan of wearing your Sioux merchandise you buy at the Siouxshop?

Yeah, if any Bisonville posters see it they should sock it away right now, guaranteed to make the Final Four of the tournament.