SiouxSports.com Forum

New name for the Fargodome....The Box

darell1976

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/358603/

ST. PAUL - Minnesota leaders apparently cannot stop their North Dakota attacks.

Rep. Torrey Westrom, R-Elbow Lake, asked during a Monday night committee meeting if the proposed Vikings stadium could be compared to “The Box,” as the Fargodome is known.

“I think it is going to be a little better than ‘The Box’ in Fargo,” Chairman Ted Mondale of the Sports Facilities Commission responded

So they critized the Capitol in Bismarck, the dome in Fargo....what's next?

Lived in Minnesota for 16 years - can't believe the level of arrogance about North Dakota, usually from the "big" city dwellers. You'd think we never have winter in Minnesota the way they talk. The Minnesota school system is in shambles, teachers getting laid offer every year, programs cut. Property taxes just went up, but it makes them feel good to be able to look west and south and make light of other states.

• Upvote 2

Lived in Minnesota for 16 years - can't believe the level of arrogance about North Dakota, usually from the "big" city dwellers. You'd think we never have winter in Minnesota the way they talk. The Minnesota school system is in shambles, teachers getting laid offer every year, programs cut. Property taxes just went up, but it makes them feel good to be able to look west and south and make light of other states.

I can see the Mpls people talking smack about ND but this guy is from Elbow Lake....what the hell is in Elbow Lake???

That would grind them, everybody I know from Minnesota badmouths Iowa.

You forgot about east, Wisconsin is a common target for the Twin Cities folks as well. Bunch of clowns they are, with some odd sort of superiority complex. The funny part is, the majority of them come from ND, Iowa, Wisconsin.
  • Upvote 1

You forgot about east, Wisconsin is a common target for the Twin Cities folks as well. Bunch of clowns they are, with some odd sort of superiority complex. The funny part is, the majority of them come from ND, Iowa, Wisconsin.

Or their parents did.

I can see the Mpls people talking smack about ND but this guy is from Elbow Lake....what the hell is in Elbow Lake???

Not much. Like most of the 'burbs and small towns around the state. Just like NoDak. When I lived in Minneapolis, we would always wait the "FABs" or "the Blaine train" coming into downtown Friday-Saturday nights. Fortunately, they generally went home, or ended up in the Hennepin County lockup. :lol:

Not much. Like most of the 'burbs and small towns around the state. Just like NoDak. When I lived in Minneapolis, we would always wait the "FABs" or "the Blaine train" coming into downtown Friday-Saturday nights. Fortunately, they generally went home, or ended up in the Hennepin County lockup. :lol:

The good ole 763! Home of tire fires and engine blocks hanging on trees in the front yard....yep real culture and sophistication!

• Upvote 1