SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

If he eventually wants to finish up his degree, it probalby wouldn't be in his best interest to withdraw without earning credits for this current semester.

The only reason he should withdraw is if he would be the starting goaltender for an AHL playoff team, which probably wouldn't happen. He can still sign and attend school, he just can't play NCAA sports.

Dell could sign now without leaving school. The NHL season is done. I don't know when the deadline is for rosters in the AHL, but it is probably pretty soon. So he could sign a contract and not report until next season.

Of course he could sign and not leave until fall. I was refering to leaving now to finish the season out with whomever. I would bet he did not sign and leave because no one wanted to sign him. Simply no one thought he could help them.

Of course he could sign and not leave until fall. I was refering to leaving now to finish the season out with whomever. I would bet he did not sign and leave because no one wanted to sign him. Simply no one thought he could help them.

Or maybe teams didn't want to burn a full year of a rookie contract for a couple of games. I don't know if he'll sign or not, but just because he hasn't signed yet doesn't mean that he doesn't have opportunities.

Or maybe teams didn't want to burn a full year of a rookie contract for a couple of games. I don't know if he'll sign or not, but just because he hasn't signed yet doesn't mean that he doesn't have opportunities.

According to that College Sports website only 18 underclassmen signed out of over a 100 signees.

Who knows what exactly the performance bonuses are and of course I'm sure he has to make the big club but it would be tough to turn down the contract. $2.8 million cap hit is easily the largest out there for an entry level contract.

http://capgeek.com/p...lay.php?id=2225

This may be the biggest reason Brock Nelson ended up turning pro, Schlossman said it is one of the more lucrative contracts he has seen for a college signee.

This may be the biggest reason Brock Nelson ended up turning pro, Schlossman said it is one of the more lucrative contracts he has seen for a college signee.

With his contract I can see him playing alot of time in the NHL next year. As weird as it is, several NHL teams are very near the cap floor and have a hard time staying above it, the Islander's are one of them. Having an ELC loaded with incentives like Brock's, will allow the team a little more roster flexibility in terms of staying above the cap floor.

Per Hak at Sioux Boosters lunch in Fargo today, he is not optimistic about Dell returning and Kristo is 50/50 with Montreal being in turmoil he may elect to wait until things are settled. He doesn't want to come in under one group and have his fate controled by someone he doesn't know.

He said he has been surprised in the past but those are the only two that he has any indication on as early departures.

Per Hak at Sioux Boosters lunch in Fargo today, he is not optimistic about Dell returning and Kristo is 50/50 with Montreal being in turmoil he may elect to wait until things are settled. He doesn't want to come in under one group and have his fate controled by someone he doesn't know.

He said he has been surprised in the past but those are the only two that he has any indication on as early departures.

Thanks for the update. Any mention of Eades and the MSU job?

I understand this to mean there is a 50% chance he signs with the current Montreal group and 50% chance he signs with a new group leaving of course that almighty 0% chance he stays.

Montreal's front office is a mess right now. Getting a new leadership team in place is their first priority. That, however, isn't all good news for UND fans hoping for Kristo to return. Kristo still becomes able to sign with any team (not just the Habs) on August 1.

So the big question remains: Does Kristo want to stay and put full effort into one more run at a title or does he want to sign a professional contract?

Montreal's front office is a mess right now. Getting a new leadership team in place is their first priority. That, however, isn't all good news for UND fans hoping for Kristo to return. Kristo still becomes able to sign with any team (not just the Habs) on August 1.

So the big question remains: Does Kristo want to stay and put full effort into one more run at a title or does he want to sign a professional contract?

I'll take "Pay for Play" for a $1000 Alex.

I think it's July 1st.

I think it's July 1st.

Its either July 1st or June 1st for player's using the loophole (Kristo, Gregoire, probably Schultz) to become free agent's. August 1st is when graduating senior's will become free agents if not signed.

Its either July 1st or June 1st for player's using the loophole (Kristo, Gregoire, probably Schultz) to become free agent's. August 1st is when graduating senior's will become free agents if not signed.

To use the loophole, I believe they have 30 days after they withdraw from school. I could be wrong though

The results of my five minutes of searching say July 1st and officially withdrawn from school as long as it's the 4th summer after your draft year. Also, "The team will have a 30-day window of exclusivity once Schultz declared his intention to leave school, which could happen after exams are concluded May 19.".

Almost everything I'm finding, by the way, when searching for this is in regards to what Justin Schultz will do.

From this source, http://www.sportsfinancial.org/Resources/Documents/NCAA%202011%20%20NHL%20Educational%20Document.pdf

NCAA players are an exception: In most instances, an NCAA student-athlete or someone

who becomes an NCAA student-athlete in the sport of men's ice hockey prior to June 1

after being drafted in the NHL Draft will have his contract rights retained by his drafting

club until August 15 following the graduation of his college class as long as he remains in

school. Even if that drafted student-athlete were to leave school before his class graduates,

his drafting club would hold rights to sign him until June 1 of the year four years after he

was drafted.