SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

????????????? Was that the game where Hak got totally out coached?

I Remember Frattin going bar up on a clean look and Genoway hitting the goalie in the under carriage as he fell down out of position.

That team should've won it.

The team with Stafford, Zajac, Toews, and Oshie should've as well.

Woulda shoulda coulda- we're due.

????????????? Was that the game where Hak got totally out coached?

No, I just don't agree with you. I was pointing out that Dell is a good goalie, who helped the team get in a position to win a title. Also don't agree with the above observation. Team had plenty of chances to win the game and didn't score.

Back on topic - I for one hope Dell comes back and competes for the starting job. If not, I hope he signs a great contract that will help him succeed moving forward. Go Sioux

I really hope Dell comes back as it is always good to have depth, but I don't see any way Gothberg isn't ahead of Saunders on the depth chart whether Dell is here or not. Saunders was brought in to add depth and experiecnce to the position in the event that Dell leaves but I think they still expect Gothberg to take the job. I wouldn't be suprised to see Gothberg starting a lot of games even if Dell stays and he will especially be starting the majority of games if Dell leaves.

• Upvote 1

No, I just don't agree with you. I was pointing out that Dell is a good goalie, who helped the team get in a position to win a title. Also don't agree with the above observation. Team had plenty of chances to win the game and didn't score.

Back on topic - I for one hope Dell comes back and competes for the starting job. If not, I hope he signs a great contract that will help him succeed moving forward. Go Sioux

yep, can never hurt to have 3 decent options. Dell is pretty damn solid so i hope he stays.

also, to the conversation about Dell being pulled so much in the beginning of the year. have to consider how awful the UND team defense was the first half. Wasn't all his fault. let's face it, last years team was the worst team for most of the year since 2002.

I really hope Dell comes back as it is always good to have depth, but I don't see any way Gothberg isn't ahead of Saunders on the depth chart whether Dell is here or not. Saunders was brought in to add depth and experiecnce to the position in the event that Dell leaves but I think they still expect Gothberg to take the job. I wouldn't be suprised to see Gothberg starting a lot of games even if Dell stays and he will especially be starting the majority of games if Dell leaves.

Yeah, agreed. You don't have a goalie with those type of accolades as your third string. He would bounce to the CHL so fast, he would have never came here in the first place (ala Mike Lee)

Yeah, agreed. You don't have a goalie with those type of accolades as your third string. He would bounce to the CHL so fast, he would have never came here in the first place (ala Mike Lee)

Mike Lee left because he couldn't beat North Dakota. ;)

???? ???? ????? Was that the game where Hak got totally out coached?

I agree Hakstol should've walked up to Dell in the dressing room just like Red did Michigan's shrimp and say 'Hello Aaron, what's happening.... Umm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and be a brick wall tonight that'd be grrreat.... mmmmK?'

let's face it, last years team was the worst team for most of the year since 2002.

Weird. I saw some Habs fans saying that Kristo is dumb for coming back for his senior year, because last year's team was supposed to win and if we couldn't win it last year, we have no chance next year.

Apparently, they heard that Brock Nelson and Ben Blood were both leaving school early to go pro, so they are experts... :silly:

Weird. I saw some Habs fans saying that Kristo is dumb for coming back for his senior year, because last year's team was supposed to win and if we couldn't win it last year, we have no chance next year.

Apparently, they heard that Brock Nelson and Ben Blood were both leaving school early to go pro, so they are experts... :silly:

HAHA :lol: I saw the same thing on the HF boards, very few fans that actually knew about UND on there and a lot who had never seen a game but saw a few guys were leaving for the pros and thought that must mean next year will be bad for the program. A lot of people who thought they were experts on UND and thought that Kristo was making a horrible decison and they shoud deal him now but in reality most except for a few fans really had no idea about UND.

I think we watched a different game.

Must we all forget that watchmaker49 is the know it all when it comes to all things UND? Shame on you cutter for not agreeing with him even though it is obvious that watchmaker must've been watching some other game.

:silly:

I watched a game where Hak had the look of a deer caught in the headlights when game plan one did not work and he had no idea what to do next.

I watched a game where Hak had the look of a deer caught in the headlights when game plan one did not work and he had no idea what to do next.

I would say the game-plan that day was extremely effective. The team just picked the most important game of the year to forget how to score a goal.

Again, I don't agree with you but I'm starting to realize that's a good thing. October can't come soon enough.

Couldn't find your initial post, however, I don't agree with Watch49 dude a lot but he is sort of right here. Dell didn't get us to the Chip.....our strong D and forwards did. He was just steady not above average or great.....average. Dude had like 13-15 shots a game that year....I hope he has a decent GAA.

???? Hak did not get out-caoched that game.....their goalie simply played out of his mind. Don'y you remember we outshot them by like 20 shots, hit 3-4 pipes. The best team does not always win...it was evident that night. Hak could not have done much different.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't find your initial post, however, I don't agree with Watch49 dude a lot but he is sort of right here. Dell didn't get us to the Chip.....our strong D and forwards did. He was just steady not above average or great.....average. Dude had like 13-15 shots a game that year....I hope he has a decent GAA.

Next time maybe find the post first, i know it was a whole page back and all. I didn't say Dell got us there, I said he was part of the reason. I'd call a .924 save percentage pretty effective even if he isn't seeing a lot of shots. Also, allowing one goal on about 20 shots, isn't the reason for the loss, hence my original post. I promise to quit talking about this silly argument now.