SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

Wow I know people have complained about the color difference between the helmets and jerseys but I've never really noticed it until that picture. Good thing they are doing something about it! Can't wait for football!

God I hope they match the jerseys to the helmet instead of the other way around. UND's colors do not include pea green

• Upvote 1

3004b3k.pngk37hhz.jpg

Difference between the colors: new color is on the left, old on the right. Definitely will match the jerseys better, and is a more true kelly green.

Gotta say, though - I hate the new pea green - matching the helmets doesn't make this color any better - Look at our old jerseys to see what color they should be

UND's official green color is defined by UND under the Pantone Matching System. (Pantone is an industry standard color matching system.)

UND's official green color is Pantone 347 (also known as PMS 347).

You can find that here: http://www.fmrincorp...PColorChart.pdf

The color will look different depending on the material. It will look different on gloss paper compared to matte. It is going to be almost impossible to get a helmet to look exactly the same color as a jersey. The new helmet color is closer to the 347 than the old one.

UND's official green color is defined by UND under the Pantone Matching System. (Pantone is an industry standard color matching system.)

UND's official green color is Pantone 347 (also known as PMS 347).

You can find that here: http://www.fmrincorp...PColorChart.pdf

Oh, I'm sure there is a chart - however, you can't tell me that these uniforms are the same color that they have always been - this color is a washed out pea green - compare to past Sioux football uniforms and you will see the difference - either we changed color or we got an off batch - this color is horrible

3004b3k.pngk37hhz.jpg

Difference between the colors: new color is on the left, old on the right. Definitely will match the jerseys better, and is a more true kelly green.

Not that they are trying to match the hockey uniform, but which helmet is closer to this color??

NCAA-K1TCJERSEY-NODAK-2T.jpg

It looks to me like the new helmet is closer to what the color should be.

Edit: The new helmet also matches my avatar color. :p

Edited by GeauxSioux
  • Upvote 3

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/240877/

Quote:

"The league also is scheduled to unveil its new logo today.

Speaking of new, UND will have a different look when the 2012 season begins. New uniforms for UND are scheduled to arrive in approximately two weeks."

If anyone was still skeptical of new jerseys becoming a reality, this should put that to rest.

Oh, I'm sure there is a chart - however, you can't tell me that these uniforms are the same color that they have always been - this color is a washed out pea green - compare to past Sioux football uniforms and you will see the difference - either we changed color or we got an off batch - this color is horrible

did you ever consider that the old ones were the wrong color. Our green is supposed to be Kelly green like it is now, not forest green like NDSU. And the color is nowhere near pea green, its just a change. I guess if you want them to look like they used to you can stay at home and change the saturation and brightness on your tv.

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/240877/

Quote:

"The league also is scheduled to unveil its new logo today.

Speaking of new, UND will have a different look when the 2012 season begins. New uniforms for UND are scheduled to arrive in approximately two weeks."

If anyone was still skeptical of new jerseys becoming a reality, this should put that to rest.

I'm wondering if there will be some sort of unveiling of the jerseys. I am definitely excited to see them and hopefully they will be a plus for recruiting!