SiouxSports.com Forum

Here is the latest from S.A.B.

Goon

Did they forget that the State of ND sent a delegation to the NCAA offices this summer and nothing could be worked out with that "reasonable man" Emmert.

PS - Can we make a pact to never mention that site again? We're giving it credence and credibility by mentioning it. ???

Did they forget that the State of ND sent a delegation to the NCAA offices this summer and nothing could be worked out with that "reasonable man" Emmert. PS - Can we make a pact to never mention that site again? We're giving it credence and credibility by mentioning it. ???

I guess they forget the part where Al Carlson was slapped by the NCAA and told no dice.

I love this part-

If this is the case, these teams would still faceoff in playoffs, and due to the non-conference relationships between the three schools, playoffs may provide for more opportunity to compete than regular season non-conference matchups anyways.

How does the non guaranteed chance of meeting someone in the playoffs provide a better opportunity to compete than a series that is scheduled at the beginning of the year. Is this guy guaranteeing that UND, Minn and Wisconisin are now going to make the playoffs every year? Also, if they all do make the playoffs there is no guarantee that they are paired up. Talk about grasping for straws.

I really like this answer from the aritcle...

Jim

I’ll take the word of Dave Hakstol, Tim O’Keefe, Robert Kelly, and Brian Faison over a guy who sits on his computer all day eating Taco Bell. Do you honestly think those 4 people don’t have the best interest of UND in mind. You’re absolutely fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Those guys are the most important people at UND and they are all united on this. What does that tell you?

Rob you asked some of the coaches at UND to share their thoughts on this and like I said before because I personally have spoken with them, ALL I repeat ALL want this issue gone because they know that’s whats in the best interest of UND, something you could care less about.

• Upvote 2

I really like this answer from the aritcle...

No doubt that Hakstol will do whatever is the the best self interest of the hockey program and the athletic department. I am sure he plans on being the coach of the hockey team for a long time. It's not about :"sucking up" to administration. He can get a job elsewhere without a problem. It's about loyalty to the program and seeing what will ultimately keep it being successful. Right now, that's about adhering to the NC$$'s ruling. Unless the SL tribe wins that lawsuit, the name has to go. That's reality.

I dig when he said that we should wear the Sioux jerseys and be proud. I will always be proud of our athletic programs, no matter what name they are called.

So are you trying to tell me that Wisconsin and/or Minnesota wouldn't play Florida State or the Utah Utes if the opportunity provided itself in a non-conference matchup during the regular season in Football?

If both programs wouldn't, wow are they stupid!!!

I just don't get this crap, it's so stupid.

they would because florida state &utah are not on the h&a list

So are you trying to tell me that Wisconsin and/or Minnesota wouldn't play Florida State or the Utah Utes if the opportunity provided itself in a non-conference matchup during the regular season in Football?

If both programs wouldn't, wow are they stupid!!!

I just don't get this crap, it's so stupid.

Neither one of those programs is under sanction by the NCAA.

Ours is.

Big difference.

The big winner in the latest round of nickname controversy seems to be this blog, that most Sioux fans had probably never heard of a few weeks ago.

By being the most vocal champion of a very popular but contrarian (vis-a-vis the University and its official representatives) viewpoint, SayAnthing seems to have the market locked up on leading that point-of-view. I've seen more posts referencing it in the last couple weeks than the last 10 years. Kudos to them as businessmen, hope they remembered to put some ads on those pages :)

• Upvote 2

Neither one of those programs is under sanction by the NCAA.

Ours is.

Big difference.

Right, but if both institutions (Florida and Utah) were under sanctions, obviously they're not and they never will be, but if they were, Minnesota and Wisconsin wouldn't schedule a game in football with those two teams? I called bull$%!# on that. They'd schedule that gosh darn game in a friggen heartbeat!

Right, but if both institutions (Florida and Utah) were under sanctions, obviously they're not and they never will be, but if they were, Minnesota and Wisconsin wouldn't schedule a game in football with those two teams? I called bull$%!# on that. They'd schedule that gosh darn game in a friggen heartbeat!

Its easy to say that when they are not on the list. It's a pretty weak argument your trying to make in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Its easy to say that when they are not on the list. It's a pretty weak argument your trying to make in my opinion.

Well imho, I'm not looking for an argument. And I know for a fact, that both Minnesota and Wisconsin wouldn't shy away from scheduling those games, if both Florida and Utah weren't' on the list. Let's call a spade and spade, and you know that this bull$%!# is bull$%!#.

Well imho, I'm not looking for an argument. And I know for a fact, that both Minnesota and Wisconsin wouldn't shy away from scheduling those games, if both Florida and Utah weren't' on the list. Let's call a spade and spade, and you know that this bull$%!# is bull$%!#.

They haven't scheduled them non conference now so I don't know why they would jump at the chance to schedule them if the situation was any different.

They haven't scheduled them non conference now so I don't know why they would jump at the chance to schedule them if the situation was any different.

Well, if you've ever smelled the smell of $$$, and if this possibility ever came about, given, that the two teams were on the list and wanted to schedule Minnesota or Wisconsin, the money game always wins. This PC (personal computer lol :lol: ) bull$%!# issue would be thrown out the window.

Well, if you've ever smelled the smell of $$$, and if this possibility ever came about, given, that the two teams were on the list and wanted to schedule Minnesota or Wisconsin, the money game always wins. This PC (personal computer lol :lol: ) bull$%!# issue would be thrown out the window.

You're running under your hypothesis of what they'd do.

We have Minnesota and Wisconsin on record stating they'll follow their policy with regard to North Dakota. That's the reality we have to live in and with.

You're running under your hypothesis of what they'd do.

We have Minnesota and Wisconsin on record stating they'll follow their policy with regard to North Dakota. That's the reality we have to live in and with.

And frankly for the record, we also have Minnesota Gopher coach's and administrators regarding their hockey program shying away from playing North Dakota because they are flat out getting embarrassed over the last few years and don't admire the style of play that our team (North Dakota) plays with and shenanigans that take place year in and year out.

The Big Ten conference, besides Wisconsin, (they still play with an edge here and there, but they also rely on a trap system type of game, when they have "down years" on the offense ) could create a European style of play. Up and down hockey, fun for attracting newer fans that are in the majority of the niche college hockey fan base.

However, seeing text book checking and big hits is always fun too. I think that Coach Lucia needs to realize, that for the pure development of his upcoming recruits, that if they want to play in the NHL, the style of play that will be instilled in the Big Ten conference will hinder them, just my own thoughts there.

I know that's a whole can of warms, but it is the truth. And I know, the Gophers, Badgers, Wolverines, will still develop players to play in the big show one day, despite the different style of play that will be implemented in their conference, but if I'm recruiting a top tier player, I say come play in the National Hockey Conference instead - You'll face tighter competition from top to bottom and also will have non-cupcake games in non-confernce scheduling games.

Rant over.

• Upvote 2