SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Quite some time ago, the UND Compliance twitter account had a tweet saying please don't contact incoming student athletes on facebook or twitter until their first day of class at UND. Up until that point, they are still considered a prospect.

Quite some time ago, the UND Compliance twitter account had a tweet saying please don't contact incoming student athletes on facebook or twitter until their first day of class at UND. Up until that point, they are still considered a prospect.

From November 14:

UND Compliance @UNDCompliance

UND Fans: A prospect who signs an NLI is still a prospect. Please don't send congrats through Twitter/Facebook - It is a violation for UND!

If you can't contact after they sign a letter of intent, it should be pretty clear that you can't contact before that.

If we assume there's a good chance Riddle ends up going to Portland St., I wonder what the contingency plan is if Rogers goes elsewhere, too? I just can't imagine we could enter the 2013 season with just two scholarship qb's.

PSU has a somewhat similiar QB situation to UND. McDonagh returning starter will be a Soph. RS FR backup, along with a SR backup. They need some depth at QB just like us. (I have no idea if they have a QB commit in this class yet or not) Playing time at both schools might be tough to come by with young projected starters for the next few years, as well.

How many known offers does Rogers have? We know UND, SDSU & Air Force.... any others? I know it was mentioned on here that Northern Illinois is showing interest too.

Rhoda is not an option after a pwo to UofM. We definitely need 1 QB in this class. Hopefully PSU does not offer.

Article on Tyler Rogers... He will be playing in a SoCal-Arizona HS all-star game on Monday.

http://www.yourwestvalley.com/westvalleypreps/article_36804404-60ee-11e2-a9ed-0019bb2963f4.html

Rogers has offers from Air Force, North Dakota and South Dakota State, as well as interest from several Mountain West schools. Liberty coach Dan Filleman said he’s talking to several schools and has visits planned to Air Force and North Dakota.
It was stated on here that he already has visited UND.

“This game could help Tyler get the attention of some colleges that are still deciding and looking for a quarterback,” Filleman said

I am a bison fan call me a troll whatever but i am looking at your commits and to me it would look like your offense had problems i was at a few of your home games and to me you linebackers were not to good and you only have 1 verbal kinda looks week on the d side to me do you have some freshman or something coming up because if not looks rough to me. thanks

It always blows my mind that a kid can commit to a school and not be 100% on the commient barring an offer from a school like lsu. Either let the recruiting play out and commit when it's signing day or give a solid verbal. It ends up screwing over schools and other players who are up for the same spot

I am a bison fan call me a troll whatever but i am looking at your commits and to me it would look like your offense had problems i was at a few of your home games and to me you linebackers were not to good and you only have 1 verbal kinda looks week on the d side to me do you have some freshman or something coming up because if not looks rough to me. thanks

I'm assuming you meant defense. Yea, they sucked at a world class level. The young guys will step up next year and things will be very different.

The silence on SFI is deafening right now. Been waiting all weekend to hear something and by all accounts this past weekend was a big one. Not so much on UND's campus but for UND targets visiting elsewhere. Can't wait for some updates!

It's tough going from last weekend to this weekend with the crickets apposed to the flood of verbals

Thanks. We've noted that one already a few days ago. We are on "decommit watch," ourselves, for Sam Riddle -- nothing concrete yet.

Bad trend is developing with a lot of recruits lately (everywhere) of committing to a school and then looking for something better, I understand why they are doing it but it hamstrings the first school who thinks they have a need position covered and then a month later they are left high and dry with only a few scraps left in the pool to try to replace the decommit, not a good situation.