SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's going to Alabama?

Brent_Bobyck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like about $800/head for me to fly. If I can make it, I'll end up driving. All the hotels in Muscle Shoals other than a Best Western seem to be booked or at least not available through online aggregators (which I remember being true in 2001, also). Is it just that popular a destination, or are some of those already reserved for the football championship?

I expect UND to run a fan bus or charter, but will any tickets/accommodations be available to fans coming from places other than Grand Forks?

As a UNA fan, of course I'm disappointed we didn't win the game. However, my congratulations to UND on a tremendous win! No sour grapes here about not playing at home or anything else - you guys won on the field and deserve to be in the championship game.

Welcome, again, to Florence - I'll see you at the game Saturday and I will be cheering you guys on. Hope it's a great game and also hope you have safe trip to Florence and a good time while you're here!!

Again - congratulations and I continue to pray for Dru, her family, and all of you who have been trying to find her.

Go Sioux!!!

Sandram

As a UNA fan, of course I'm disappointed we didn't win the game. However, my congratulations to UND on a tremendous win! No sour grapes here about not playing at home or anything else - you guys won on the field and deserve to be in the championship game.

Welcome, again, to Florence - I'll see you at the game Saturday and I will be cheering you guys on. Hope it's a great game and also hope you have safe trip to Florence and a good time while you're here!!

Again - congratulations and I continue to pray for Dru, her family, and all of you who have been trying to find her.

Go Sioux!!!

Sandram

If the UNA posters on this site are any indication, you guys have some of the classiest fans in dII. Congrats on a great year.

There are exactly two Mesaba Avaiton and Northwest Airlines.

Sounds like they announced there would be a charter going down next week.

You can try going down to Fargo and flying with Independence Air (Formerly Atlantic Coast Airlines), Mesaba, or Northwest...prices will be cheaper because of competitiveness.

If anyone finds a decent priced airline going somewhere near Florence, let me know. I've been hunting the sites, but going from one geographic area to another one is always expensive. Looking like it's too much for me.

Thought Southwest might be a good optionn from LAX to Birmingham, but looks like it's $300 each way.

I think me and some friends might roadie. It's 1352 miles from Grand Forks to Florence. The game's at 4PM on Saturday so if we leave by 4PM or so on Friday we'll be there in plenty of time.

It took the band 25 hours to get done there in 2001. And 25 hours back. A very looooong trip. Of course, I think we did stop for like an hour for both lunch and supper. And we had to do the speed limit.

Congrats UND on a great season/game. I hope that you bring a lot of your fans to Bama because GVSU is going to have a BIG CROWD. I wouldn't miss this game for anything! D2 football, where else can you get into a great game like this for 15 bucks? Worth the trip, for sure.

Congrats UND on a great season/game. I hope that you bring a lot of your fans to Bama because GVSU is going to have a BIG CROWD. I wouldn't miss this game for anything! D2 football, where else can you get into a great game like this for 15 bucks? Worth the trip, for sure.

I hear that already. I've heard it along the lines of the Cubs fans in Atlanta this past postseason or Sioux hockey fans at nearly every other WCHA arena.

To me, that's what I call pride. I hope we are up to the task. MAYBE Bowencamp should practice the silent count this week in practice :silly: