SiouxSports.com Forum

Season ticket upgrades

VMeister

I see they listened to our idea to move the students over a section. I like it! If the students aren't going to be showing up there is no reason to be wasting such good seats.

Plus it looks terrible on TV when no students are there and that section is close to empty. Good move on UND's part!

They should move them over another section while they are at it. NCAA rules don't allow the students to be seated between the 35 yard lines during the playoffs..................

Actually, for the sake of TV presentation, I wish they'd totally flip the field, move the Sioux bench to the west side along with all of the season ticketholders................

They should move them over another section while they are at it. NCAA rules don't allow the students to be seated between the 35 yard lines during the playoffs..................

Actually, for the sake of TV presentation, I wish they'd totally flip the field, move the Sioux bench to the west side along with all of the season ticketholders................

.... or move the cameras to the west side.

• Upvote 1

Just switched my tickets over. Plenty of great seats available in 215. I could basically pick my seats!! Best part is you don't have to be a Champions club member to get these seats. Just 90 dollars per seat for the season!! Great deal. Hopefully we get some loyal, true UND football fans in this section as opposed to the stiffs in 215 I have been sitting with for the last 3 years!!!

• Upvote 2

Just switched my tickets over. Plenty of great seats available in 215. I could basically pick my seats!! Best part is you don't have to be a Champions club member to get these seats. Just 90 dollars per seat for the season!! Great deal. Hopefully we get some loyal, true UND football fans in this section as opposed to the stiffs in 215 I have been sitting with for the last 3 years!!!

Don't be afraid to stand up and cheer; it is okay to get other people fired up around you!

I just picked up two yesterday locked and loaded for the season. I can not wait..

.... or move the cameras to the west side.

I thought of that also, but back in 2003, Pat Sweeney made such a stink about having to call the St. Cloud playoff game from the opposite side of the field that the camera was placed at that I figure that would not be an option.

My thought is, when you're indoors, it makes no difference which side of the field the fans or the home team is on. We already do it backwards for hockey broadcasts anyways......................

I have had season tickets for three years and did not get a letter about upgrading? And yes, we were guaranteed the same price this year if we bought tickets for last year's schedule - a test of Sioux support if there ever was one.

Did the students get a section taken away or did they just shift the 3 sections? I think I would prefer them having one fewer section. That way, if student attendance numbers don't go up, the sections will at least look to be more full.

I agree; the previous few seasons are an indication that students do not deserve three sections. If students can consistently fill-up two sections next season, then maybe consider moving back to three. The two fewer sections would not only improve the overall look of gameday in terms of filled seats, but also make available good seats to committed fans/alumni.

Did the students get a section taken away or did they just shift the 3 sections? I think I would prefer them having one fewer section. That way, if student attendance numbers don't go up, the sections will at least look to be more full.

The student sections got shifted down a section and the season ticket holders in 212 got moved to 215. The rest of 215 is up for grabs for anyone!

I have had season tickets for three years and did not get a letter about upgrading? And yes, we were guaranteed the same price this year if we bought tickets for last year's schedule - a test of Sioux support if there ever was one.

There wasn't a letter, just part of an e-mail that mentioned upgrading and relocation were being done. Note that if you move to a higher-priced section, you will not get any savings from having season tickets last year (need to keep the same seats for that deal.) See you in Section 215.

• 4 weeks later...