SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Clarkson

mbhusker

Hello UND fans! Winnipeg Jets fan here picked up some tickets to watch the UND / Clarkson game! excited to see your team play! my question for ya guys is who is Clarkson? are they any good? will this be a blow out for you guys?

Clarkson University is in upstate New York. They play in a weaker conference, so it's hard to gauge how they are. I don't really think it will be a blow out, but you never know. They have a 9-7-4 record though, but are under .500 in their league.

Hello UND fans! Winnipeg Jets fan here picked up some tickets to watch the UND / Clarkson game! excited to see your team play! my question for ya guys is who is Clarkson? are they any good? will this be a blow out for you guys?

The Clarkson Knight's are typically a big slow lumbering team that plays in the ECAC aka the EZAC. :whistling::xmas:

Unfortunately, there probably won't be a huge student section for this game due to the christmas break, crossing the boarder, and lack of playing a bigger name team. We really should have tried to schedule Manitoba U or maybe the Canada 18 and under for this one. Is UND hockey popular in Winnipeg, I know we get some of our best players from your breeding grounds?

Unfortunately, there probably won't be a huge student section for this game due to the christmas break, crossing the boarder, and lack of playing a bigger name team. We really should have tried to schedule Manitoba U or maybe the Canada 18 and under for this one. Is UND hockey popular in Winnipeg, I know we get some of our best players from your breeding grounds?

We really should have started an annual game years ago, with Toews, Zajac, etc. etc, before the Jets "returned".

Now, with the Jets back, the Sioux are not as large of a media story.

1 other question, how well do you guys travel for road games? do you guys have allocated seats for a student section?

According to the official seating chart, the students will be in Section 112.

Sioux fans normally travel really well (estimated 14,000+ Sioux fans were at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul last season for the Final 5 Tournament), but I get the feeling that ticket sales aren't very strong for this game. UND Head Coach Dave Hakstol was in Winnipeg a few days ago hoping to drum up interest for the game, and last night at the UND hockey game they gave away a couple pair of tickets.

I think the biggest hurddle for most people is that you need a Passport or Passport Card to travel to and from Canada. A lot of people I know don't have either one. If fans decided at the last minute to buy tickets, there isn't enough time to allow for a Passport or Passport Card to arrive unless you pay quite a bit extra to have it expedited.

It's too bad UNO had to back out of the game as I think people would have been more willing to buy a Passport and travel if the Sioux were playing a well known opponent. On the Canadian side, there were reports a few months ago that they were hoping to make it a double-header with some Canadian junior teams playing prior to the Sioux game, but I guess that idea never came to fruition.

Really i didnt know UNO was the original opponent that would of been great to see. In regards to how popular UND hockey is up here i would say its really starting to pickup, before kids were all about trying to get into the WHL but now most of the top end players that play up here want to play for schools like UND. We used to be able to watch a bunch of UND games on WDAZ but they haven't televised many games for a while so were forced to watching games online. UND vs Bisons wouldn't of been an exciting game the talent levels are just not the same you guys are far more superior, but seeing the Brandon Wheat Kings vs UND would be pretty interesting although i would say you guys would still probably win that one. Either way i am super pumped and all of my buddies are pumped to, i would really like to see UND come up to the Peg at least once a year.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few ramblings on the topic...

UNO was the original opponent? Man, I would have loved to have heckled them for putting all their eggs in the D1 hockey basket and dropping football and the national-champion wrestling program.

NCAA schools would never play WHL teams because CHL teams are considered to be semi-professional. With the exception of spring training exhibition baseball (and does that even happen anymore?), NCAA teams do not play professional teams. So a UND-Wheat Kings game? *Never* going to happen. Deal with it.

Similarly, that's why a WHL-NCAA doubleheader wouldn't work. The NCAA isn't fussy on partnering with "the competition" for events such as this...and if you read up on the topic, there is a lot of competition between NCAA schools and CHL teams for hockey players. The NCAA has strict rules about even being in a CHL training camp, and the CHL teams are seen as an option/easy out for student-athletes unhappy with their NCAA situations.

A Manitoba-UND game? No, not a good idea...UND has easily dominated our Bisons in exhibition play over the past decade, and this season put the beatdown on the University of Regina.

But a Manitoba-UND doubleheader? That would have been amazing. As it is, our Bisons will be at the University of Regina on January 7. I think the ball got dropped by one of the parties. Maybe UND could have approached Manitoba. Maybe Manitoba could have approached UND. Maybe TNSE could have reached out to both parties to have a Canadian University game in the late afternoon followed by an NCAA game in the evening. I easily would have attended both games. I'm sure I'm part of a small minority, but I think that it would have been a great event.

As it is, my wife and I will be in the northwest part of the MTS Centre on December 7. We will certainly get together with my UND friends before and after the game, as I think they may have better seats.

During both my Manitoba degrees, I went to Manitoba hockey games. When I lived in Edmonton, I attended University of Alberta games. And now, 8 years after I toured the REA, I get to attend a UND hockey game. Here's to the good time to be had by all...just hope the pep band shows up for the game.

To the UND alumni in Winnipeg...enjoy. To the UND fans coming up for the game, welcome.

Via Schlossman

Have heard that almost all tickets sold thus far have come from Manitoba. Not many from North Dakota yet.

That doesn't surprise me considering it's tough to travel to Canada without a Passport.

A friend and I are traveling to the game. Anyone else from SiouxSports going?

Via Schlossman That doesn't surprise me considering it's tough to travel to Canada without a Passport. A friend and I are traveling to the game. Anyone else from SiouxSports going?

If anyone has any question the Pembina Poe's phone number is (701)-825-6551 and they can answer questions you have about passport issues.

Here is the deal, I just verfied throught the Pembina Port of Entry, that you don't need to have a passport to get back into the USA from Canada. All you need to have is a Government ID and your Birth Certificate or an inhanced Drivers License. Children under 16 only need to have a Birth Certificate.