SiouxSports.com Forum

Kleinsasser retiring?

UND92,96

Someone could. But it'd be too easy for me to then make a thread with Bentrim lighting up UND ;)

That was when UND football was in the toilet and probably couldn't have beaten some Texas High School teams. Kleinsasser did what he did against a good, but not great, Bison team in the Fargodome. Apples and oranges. But of course Bison fans love living in the past, so it makes sense. :p

Has there ever been a better three-sport athlete in North Dakota history? I can't think of any, at least not in the past 30 years.

In the history of North Dakota sports, Roger Maris is my pick. Baseball, Football, and Basketball at Fargo Shanley. Had 4 KO returns, which may still be the state record.

Ryan Chappelle was the most gifted athlete I've seen in North Dakota in the past 20 years. Only track and football though. . . 10.54 100m as a senior and was on pace to be by far the best RB in UND history. Too bad he wasn't as gifted in the classroom.

Chappelle could have been the best player in UND and ND history had he stuck with it. Knowing him it wasn't school that was his issue. He just didn't have the passion for FB that some athletes did. Just to bad because he could have been GREAT. Nothing against him, great guy and good friend still.

kliensasser was an average nfl player.

Joe Mays & Craig Dahl started as many games as him and made more of an impact in the last 2 years.

That's your opinion, but Kleinsasser has been an impact player in the NFL for 13 seasons. Lets just see how long Mays and Dahl last. Peterson has rushed for over 6700 yards in his 5 years as a pro. Pretty sure Kleinsasser had a little to do with that. If you disagree than you flat out don't know football. You don't have people referring to you as "the best blocking TE in the NFL right now" without making somewhat of an impact.

Tough to compare guys that play a different position, but you don't need to rip on the guy becasue he played college for a school you don't like.

• Upvote 1

Just read that the Vikings intend to give Kleinsasser any goal-line carries this week, I guess as a retirement present. Would be cool to see him punch one in, I can't remember the last time he carried the ball although he has scored a rushing TD I see. The way this season has gone they might as well let Jared Allen try to run one in too, he deserves something for his effort.

That's your opinion, but Kleinsasser has been an impact player in the NFL for 13 seasons. Lets just see how long Mays and Dahl last. Peterson has rushed for over 6700 yards in his 5 years as a pro. Pretty sure Kleinsasser had a little to do with that. If you disagree than you flat out don't know football. You don't have people referring to you as "the best blocking TE in the NFL right now" without making somewhat of an impact.

Tough to compare guys that play a different position, but you don't need to rip on the guy becasue he played college for a school you don't like.

Please don't take this clown seriously. He was just trying to stir the pot.

I don't know Jim K personally, but I have always heard wonderful things.

He is a GREAT football player and has been a source of pride for all of North Dakota his entire career, regardless of whether you are an NDSU or UND fan.

• Upvote 2

I'm a Bison fan and give Jimmy his props. The only Bison player with a similar career I've seen play is Tryone Braxton who also played 13 seasons and was in 5 Superbowls. Steve Nelson was a little before my time.

I don't know, Steve Nelson's 171 career starts and 3 pro bowls are pretty hard to beat.

I'm a Bison fan and give Jimmy his props. The only Bison player with a similar career I've seen play is Tryone Braxton who also played 13 seasons and was in 5 Superbowls. Steve Nelson was a little before my time.

I didn't follow him to closely but didn't Phil Hanson have a pretty solid career with Buffalo? Possibly even made a pro bowl??? Of course alot of that may have had to do with playing next to Bruce Smith...

I didn't follow him to closely but didn't Phil Hanson have a pretty solid career with Buffalo? Possibly even made a pro bowl??? Of course alot of that may have had to do with playing next to Bruce Smith...

Phil was legit and if you ask Bruce smith he will tell you that a huge part of his success was due to playing next to him.

Dave Osborn 12 years NFL, One Pro bowl, 2 super bowls. Steve Myrha, 14 yrs in NFL, 2-3 NFL championships. Errol Mann 12 yrs NFL several Super bowls (I think). Myrha was from Wahpeton, Osborn born in Washington, raised in ND. Mann, from Breckenridge, Mn. All had stellar careers in the NFL.