SiouxSports.com Forum

Fresno State job opening and Mussman?

Sioux68

Fresno State needs a new coach. I've seen Mussman mentioned on a many blogs as a possible head coaching candidate in Fresno. Their fans and AD are very impressed with our program. He's getting national recognition with the Coach Of The Year voting.. Do you think there is any truth to the rumors? I hope not but I think there is.

Fresno State needs a new coach. I've seen Mussman mentioned on a many blogs as a possible head coaching candidate in Fresno. Their fans and AD are very impressed with our program. He's getting national recognition with the Coach Of The Year voting.. Do you think there is any truth to the rumors? I hope not but I think there is.

Not going to happen. Also poor timing on maybe biggest weekend for recruits. Someone my have started to counteract talk of Bohl leaving to Colorado State. The better the AC does the more likely he will leave. He has indicated to some of the high school coaches in the past he wants to get back to the big time and doesn't plan to stay at the AC forever. He would be a likely candidate at many of the FBS smaller market jobs.

Not going to happen. Also poor timing on maybe biggest weekend for recruits. Someone my have started to counteract talk of Bohl leaving to Colorado State. The better the AC does the more likely he will leave. He has indicated to some of the high school coaches in the past he wants to get back to the big time and doesn't plan to stay at the AC forever. He would be a likely candidate at many of the FBS smaller market jobs.

While I am not saying he will be in Fargo until he retires, he would probably not go around telling high school coaches who have kids that he is trying to recruit. Would you guide the kid on your team towards NDSU if the coach said he wants to move up, or would you guide that kid to....a UND or a SDSU where the coach is a fat kid at prom (Just happy to be there.)

Seriously??!! I'll put the odds of this happening on the same level as me getting signed to a free-agent NBA contract before the NBA season starts...Zero! BTW that fact I'm white and 5'8" in heels doesn't help my cause.

Seriously??!! I'll put the odds of this happening on the same level as me getting signed to a free-agent NBA contract before the NBA season starts...Zero! BTW that fact I'm white and 5'8" in heels doesn't help my cause.

I too am 5' 8" and white. Think the Pacers have a couple of roster spots for us?

Mussman should be happy having a job. If they wouldn't have pulled off the win against South Dakota, I think he would have been fired. Mussman to a FBS team -- now that's funny!!!

So I assume you didn't join me in voting for him as the coach of the year? Fresno isn't that big of a job. Muss had a great 8-3 season and in reality had a better season than Dale Lennon did. Fresno is on part with a MAC school. Dale Lennon and Muss could both coach there.

So I assume you didn't join me in voting for him as the coach of the year? Fresno isn't that big of a job. Muss had a great 8-3 season and in reality had a better season than Dale Lennon did. Fresno is on part with a MAC school. Dale Lennon and Muss could both coach there.

Lennon can't even handle coaching Southern Illinois, much less Fresno State. Mussman should be happy UND is still tolerating him. Too many times this year UND had to essentially squeak by teams or luck out against teams they should have easily beat. Fresno will end up hiring someone who none of us have heard of, but has a relatively decent resume.