SiouxSports.com Forum

The "new" jerseys...

SOL

Did the team travel with a "new" jersey for this weekend?

Or will "The University of North Dakota" hockey team unveil something new next weekend at home?

Or will it be in January? Thoughts?

And, what will the new saying be when the boys run out onto the ice for pre game..."Here come your University of North Dakota"...it just rolls off the tongue doesn't it...

We have heard new jerseys won't arrive by mid February and then yesterday I read they would use existing jerseys through the regular season. So the Michigan Tech and Minnesota State series could feature the new jerseys or the last games with Sioux across their chests. A communication with concrete timelines is apparently in the works.

On a side note, the women's white jerseys were completed by Gemini already. They will continue with their "North Dakota" green jersey and likely just drop the black for the remainder of the season.

I'm not sure when the women will implement the new whites, but I've been told by a very good source that they have some sort of "circle ND" logo on it. It's not what I would have guessed, but it makes me wonder if the men's team will have gone a similar route.

Only time will tell.

On a side note, the women's white jerseys were completed by Gemini already. They will continue with their "North Dakota" green jersey and likely just drop the black for the remainder of the season.

I'm not sure when the women will implement the new whites, but I've been told by a very good source that they have some sort of "circle ND" logo on it. It's not what I would have guessed, but it makes me wonder if the men's team will have gone a similar route.

Only time will tell.

Could it possibly be a similarity to the Winnipeg jets jersey type? They have the Jet inside a circle, this one could have the circle on the front of the jersey and just have the ND in it.

Could it possibly be a similarity to the Winnipeg jets jersey type? They have the Jet inside a circle, this one could have the circle on the front of the jersey and just have the ND in it.

Could be, I don't know any other details. When I heard it, I was a bit surprised considering UND doesn't currently use a logo like was mentioned, and hasn't since the mid-70s.

UND, and the entire state of North Dakota, could make a real statement by adopting a name like: "The Nameless", Those Not Spoken Of", or something similar. Being a realist, and understanding that the NCAA is unlikely to cave any time soon, something simple like "Nameless" could be a rallying cry in the stadiums. Of course, Those Who DO Know will still use Sioux, but we have to look ahead to future generations of fans, including those not able to recall the infamous Fighting Sioux moniker.

I personally believe the new logo should be a blurred out version of the current logo. You know, like you see on Dateline when someone's identity needs to be concealed due to safety reasons. It would never fly but it sure would make the NC$$ upset.

• Upvote 1

I personally believe the new logo should be a blurred out version of the current logo. You know, like you see on Dateline when someone's identity needs to be concealed due to safety reasons. It would never fly but it sure would make the NC$$ upset.

Maybe the front of the jersey could have this on the front:

SIO-X

Probably not.