SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux invade Mary-ucci arena.

Goon

Whomever 7 Time National Champ is on GPL is honored as a hero in my book:

One of your own, firehelmetguy, accurately pointed out that the discussion on ss was far more civilized than this thread. That is because we are more knowledgeable about hockey and support a more successful program that has not had to worry about getting even into the NCAAs over the last 3 years. The Goofers will not be as successful as the Sioux and you need to learn to live with it. Your posts are embarrassing and the jealousy felt by Goofer nation is evident throughout this thread. Once you understand that this is nothing more than a hockey game maybe you can learn to relax. This was just way too easy. Over and out.

I think it is safe to say if the gophers sweep, it will be the opportunity for in your face that Minnesota has been wanting for a few years now, and then their expectations would rightfully be even higher. If the Sioux end up winning one or even two, you will probably see the cheap hack comments and/or comments about the state of North Dakota, as is customary when the hockey team loses to the Sioux.

Reading GopherPuckLive is sad:

They constantly compare themselves to the state to their west with only under 700,000 people.

It really is sad they think of North Dakota* as their main rival and not Wisconsin who they have decades of hate based on all sports.

(*in hockey)

Why is that sad? I would think mosts people think that's a good thing. If anything is speaks to the quality of your program versus bucky. Who is your main rival if it's not the Gophers then?

tnt: you are likely correct about the hack comments. Some may be trying to get those out of the way now, but unless there is one instance during a game to refer to like a particularly brutal penalty it may be a bit subdued. I would love to see a clean game but realize that is unlikely.

tnt: you are likely correct about the hack comments. Some may be trying to get those out of the way now, but unless there is one instance during a game to refer to like a particularly brutal penalty it may be a bit subdued. I would love to see a clean game but realize that is unlikely.

Yeah, it will be interesting if the new look Charlestown Chiefs, umm, Gofers can remain composed during this self-proclaimed bloodbath.

From today's Strib

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/133207458.html

My goodness why is everyone that ever plays us such drama queens. Bjugstad "he was choking me" Waaah. Honestly, grow a pair if you're going to play in the big boy game consider this-- no one is innocent in a rivalry.

I don't think choking should play a part of any rivalry. Now what actually happened, I know Cepis using his stick to corral MacWilliam seemed a bit over the top. Did Malone have his forearm around Bjugstad pulling him back from the scrum? I don't know. Would be interesting to see if that is on tape as well. I did find it funny that Lucia and Helgeson "recalled fondly" Ballard pulling the jersey over the head of Lundbohm. In the category where nobody is completely innocent, that would seem to be the type of instigating behavior that gets things to escalate. Love the rivalry, but there are things that go above and beyond, and I would put actual choking in that category.

My goodness why is everyone that ever plays us such drama queens. Bjugstad "he was choking me" Waaah. Honestly, grow a pair if you're going to play in the big boy game consider this-- no one is innocent in a rivalry.

Exactly right...and excuse me if I don't take Bjugstad at his word. :)

Game time tonight is 7 and tomorrow is 7:30. Minnesota never has 7:30 starts so that is obviously because of the BTN. And i'd have to assume that's the only broadcast Saturday, the BTN doesn't really let anyone take their broadcasts, better get to BWW's early to get a good table for Saturday!

so the mythical spear is obviously 100% truth, but when a player actually says what happened to him he's a liar? lol

We could ask gopher fans the same type of questions. So footage of Cepis actually choking someone with his stick isn't cheap. Gopher fans make it seem the Sioux have a monopoly on being cheap, when in fact they are not saints, and often times instigate. I would bet that the gophers will come out tonight trying to prove that they won't be intimidated this time, and the Sioux will get blamed for instigating. Maybe gopher fans believe Lucia's rants that this only seems to happen when the Sioux are involved, but we can get television of gopher games here in Grand Forks more than you can see the Sioux play, so we know that to be false.

We could ask gopher fans the same type of questions. So footage of Cepis actually choking someone with his stick isn't cheap. Gopher fans make it seem the Sioux have a monopoly on being cheap, when in fact they are not saints, and often times instigate. I would bet that the gophers will come out tonight trying to prove that they won't be intimidated this time, and the Sioux will get blamed for instigating. Maybe gopher fans believe Lucia's rants that this only seems to happen when the Sioux are involved, but we can get television of gopher games here in Grand Forks more than you can see the Sioux play, so we know that to be false.

considering I live in Grand Forks I see every sioux home game lol. I got suite tickets to any game and every game I want to go to. And I don't recall Cepis doing that but if I saw proof I'd agree with you that it's cheap