SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Nothing wrong with the Summit - trading Denver for KC is a win-win. Every school in the BSC has buyers remorse over adding you guys. At lease we can travel to our away games. Why don't you guys focus what is happening and not wishing what would happen like why coaches are leaving the fb team and no one wants to apply? Really sad when you are forced to hire from within new cordinators with zero experience. See a pattern there?

So its a mistake to hire within? Dale Lennon only won UND a National Title in 2001 after being their DC, I guess that doesn't matter. How do these people get experience if you don't give them a chance. As for as buyers remorse from the BSC, sounds like jealousy that we got invited (had TWO conferences interested at UND at the same time) while NDSU had to settle with the SL after rejection and anger when UNC got in, then rejection AGAIN when the BSC said no. I think its really sad to come on here and try to talk trash when your conference is losing more members all the time.

• Upvote 1

Nothing wrong with the Summit - trading Denver for KC is a win-win. Every school in the BSC has buyers remorse over adding you guys. At lease we can travel to our away games. Why don't you guys focus what is happening and not wishing what would happen like why coaches are leaving the fb team and no one wants to apply? Really sad when you are forced to hire from within new cordinators with zero experience. See a pattern there?

Doesn't look like you are going to get anything for Oakland. What did you get for Oral Roberts? Was that Omaha? I wouldn't count on Denver being there long. The IU' whatevers won't be in the Summit long either. You will probably end up with the 3 Dakota's and Omaha . Impressive. Good luck.

I always wondered how often the Bisonville Bullet Points were updated. It must be fairly often. I haven't heard the one about North Dakota's hiring practices yet..........................

I think there is a misconception being spread by fans to the South that UND is unhappy being in the Big Sky and that UND wishes they were in the Summit. UND chose the Big Sky over the Summit. UND is really THRILLED to be in the Big Sky. .I am sure the fact theat UND is in the Big Sky is really bugging Bison fans now that the Summit is falling apart.

• Upvote 2

I think there is a misconception being spread by fans to the South that UND is unhappy being in the Big Sky and that UND wishes they were in the Summit. UND chose the Big Sky over the Summit. UND is really THRILLED to be in the Big Sky. .I am sure the fact theat UND is in the Big Sky is really bugging Bison fans now that the Summit is falling apart.

Also have to remember that out of 5 former NCC schools that applied for membership to the Big Sky, Fargo U was among 2 that never received an invitation...............

That article from sac State and a couple losers on AGS are all he is going on. What a poor attempt at talking trash lol

You know...come to think of it, weren't there some schools in the Summit that asked for and received incentives in order to have NDSU accepted into to the Summit/MVFC? Not sure if it was financial assistance for travel or scheduling arrangements or both. Either way, NDSU wasn't getting in to the Summit/MVFC without some type of incentive for other schools. I don't recall Big Sky schools asking for travel waivers or other incentives to accept UND. Correct me if I'm wrong on this...

You know...come to think of it, weren't there some schools in the Summit that asked for and received incentives in order to have NDSU accepted into to the Summit/MVFC? Not sure if it was financial assistance for travel or scheduling arrangements or both. Either way, NDSU wasn't getting in to the Summit/MVFC without some type of incentive for other schools. I don't recall Big Sky schools asking for travel waivers or other incentives to accept UND. Correct me if I'm wrong on this...

I could be wrong, but I think you are thinking of USD when they got into the MVFC. Either way, there were 2 or 3 schools that would only vote to include the Yotes if they didn't have to travel to the Dakotas so often.

Don't you have your own site to spew on? The BSC added UND for the same reasons it turned away su - academics, stability, integrity, tradition, similar goals. Where I work it is considered a good thing to promote from within, don't think su can throw stones about coaches leaving,

Can't fill out an 11 game football schedule, basketball conference is falling apart I think you have more important things to discuss and you can do at bisonswille and if you need to talk smack you even have a thread there just for you.

Haha I seriously doubt that. NDSU and UND academics are very similar. Stability? NDSU is pretty consistent as far as athletics go. Integrity? NDSU is really no different from most schools. Tradition.....well, more NCC titles than anyone in the NCC's best sport. Don't even mention National Championships.

Can't help that Montana State backed out...and we really don't know anything about the basketball side of things yet.

I could be wrong, but I think you are thinking of USD when they got into the MVFC. Either way, there were 2 or 3 schools that would only vote to include the Yotes if they didn't have to travel to the Dakotas so often.

That could be...I just thought there was something about SDSU having to advocate for NDSU to get into either the Summit or MVFC. Maybe someone with a better recollection than me could chime in...

Haha I seriously doubt that. NDSU and UND academics are very similar. Stability? NDSU is pretty consistent as far as athletics go. Integrity? NDSU is really no different from most schools. Tradition.....well, more NCC titles than anyone in the NCC's best sport. Don't even mention National Championships.

Can't help that Montana State backed out...and we really don't know anything about the basketball side of things yet.

I'll argue with you on academics and integrity. I know you're young (16?) and probably don't remember, but when ndsu was trying to get into the BSC they had a president by the name of Chapman. Bresciani hasn't improved the integrity of the place by much.

• Upvote 1

I'll argue with you on academics and integrity. I know you're young (16?) and probably don't remember, but when ndsu was trying to get into the BSC they had a president by the name of Chapman. Bresciani hasn't improved the integrity of the place by much.

Academics? NDSU was once again named in the top 108 (top 2%) universities by the Carnegie Commission. Top research school in the state.

su - requests for membership in Big Sky - 2, Results = 0, UND requests for membership in Big Sky 1 - Results = 1, Maybe the presidents of the Big Sky Colleges know something about the two schools that you don't.

Academics? NDSU was once again named in the top 108 (top 2%) universities by the Carnegie Commission. Top research school in the state.

You realize that just means Fargo just gets more federal money. Money UND can't get because the it isn't a land grant. Research and academics aren't exactly equal.

There was no incentives given by NDSU to any conference.

Some MVFC schools didn't want NDSU in the conference because they didn't want to add another strong program. Travel became an issue when USD was invited and some schools were given some kind of guarantee of only making one Dakota trip per year.

Presidents decide who gets into sports conferences not athletic directors. Academics matter. That's why the big sky rejected Fargo.

Compete and total BS.

Travel and geography is why NDSU didn't get into the Big Sky. A movement that was spearhead by everyone's favorite Big Sky member Sac State. Montana State tried to get NDSU in but failed to I believe at least twice.

There was no incentives given by NDSU to any conference.

Some MVFC schools didn't want NDSU in the conference because they didn't want to add another strong program. Travel became an issue when USD was invited and some schools were given some kind of guarantee of only making one Dakota trip per year.

If that's the case, ignore my previous comments. I knew there was some concern by eastern based conference members having to travel to the Dakota's for multiple games. I knew USD was a bit of an issue but also thought that there were some concerns with the initial invite for the 'SU's...oh well, nevermind...back to the talk about academics. :)

I don't know what is going on with Summit, not sure why UND didn't even get an invite to be a baseball affiliate. I do think it was a big mistake to put the basketball tournament at SF for an extended period of time. It should rotate at least due to the league geography. I am starting to see the wisdom in playing at campus sites.