SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

With the upgrade in facilities coming now is the time to open the check book and get some new blood at the top. If that guy wants to change assistants (more than likely) that's fine. If we don't find someone new we are spending 20 million on the IPF and will remain mediocre.

Faison has to open up the pocket book for our next coaching staff. I don't care how much paying football coaches makes Hakstol cry but it's time the university starts getting serious about the football program. I'd like our next coach to be someone with Division I level coaching experience. I don't want to waste time while a Division II staff tries to figure out what kind of athletes they need to play at this level. We did that already and have failed miserably.

I hate saying this but we should make a push to hire either Vigen or the D-Coordinator at NDSU. I hate everything about that program but they know how to win and would at least have a clue about how to build a program here.

• Upvote 1

Faison has to open up the pocket book for our next coaching staff. I don't care how much paying football coaches makes Hakstol cry but it's time the university starts getting serious about the football program. I'd like our next coach to be someone with Division I level coaching experience. I don't want to waste time while a Division II staff tries to figure out what kind of athletes they need to play at this level. We did that already and have failed miserably.

I hate saying this but we should make a push to hire either Vigen or the D-Coordinator at NDSU. I hate everything about that program but they know how to win and would at least have a clue about how to build a program here.

Interesting idea. Even they swallowed their pride and hired from UNI.

I would guess the NDSU d-coordinator may take over there once Bohl leaves after this season.

Oh for Pete's Sake, conduct a national search. Advertise everywhere. Cast a wide net. Narrow it down to five candidates. Pick the best person you can. It isn't that freaking complicated. The only question is, do Faison and Kelley have the gonads to do this? Or are they just going to stick their heads in the sand?

The Pioneer Football League is looking pretty good right now.

Talk of interims right now is fantasy land.

If in three weeks we are looking at a 1-4 record littered with blowouts, then maybe Faison makes a move. Even that would surprise me.

If we lose to Idaho St and Muss isn't fired immediately then Faison should be fired.

I've been in the camp of patience when it comes to Muss but this is not acceptable. I don't think firing a college coach mid-season accomplishes anything but he needs to be on notice right now. He needs to beat MSU in order for me to stay on his side.

I was at the last two games and the defense is absolutely brutal. This is unacceptable, I don't see UND winning any of the games against EWU or MSU... UND defense is getting burned by the opposition.. It's funny how some wanted to blame Michael Manseau from last season, but it's more than that... UND is just getting clobbered and they are getting out talented.. This defense is absolutely brutal.

Edited by Goon

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now officially the Morningside of the Big Sky Conference.

Of course, that won't stop the Mussman apologists from using every excuse in the book to save his sorry butt:

"Transition, Transition, Transition, Nickname, Nickname, Transition (again), "We don't have the players, so it isn't the coaching staff's fault", "Mussman should get all the time he wants", "Don't compare us to NDSU because that is irrelevant", "Everything is fine the way it is", "These are college athletes, so it doesn't matter if the team is a train wreck or not", "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". :angry: :angry: :angry:

I want someone in the ducky and bunny camp to come on here RIGHT NOW and explain to all of us why this coaching staff should get all the time they need to make the program better. And you cannot use any of the idiotic excuses I listed above.

End rant. Enjoy the Green Kool-Aid before it gets warm in your glasses. :silly::sad:???

I haven't seen anyone stick up for Mussman following this loss. But according to your previous posts, this loss is somehow due to losing the 2003 National Championship game.

I don't see Mussman being fired during the year. Our coordinators are too new to promote mid-season. And while they may be UND guys, I don't think anyone in the system is ready to step up whether it is during or after the season. Best case scenario is 7 wins but that basically means winning out vs Idaho State and everyone two weeks after that game. I'm thinking more of a 5 win season, which is unacceptable.

Faison has shown he will open up the checkbook for new head coaches who were not named as HCs before or during the transition. I think the salary will be very competitive and we have the talent and facilities to lure in a higher end HC.