SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Someone, please, try to explain this one away.

Nothing to explain here. They're gonna need a real come to Jesus moment to save this season. We could've been +4 in the turnover margin and still lost this game by double digits. I usually don't get a headache from a football game but this one gave me one just after halftime. That was completely pathetic. Man to man they wanted it more across the board. Greg Hardin turned in an unacceptable performance. If he wants to play on Sundays he's gonna have to show some heart and leadership instead of moping around the field like a brat. That goes for more than just Hardin but as a senior and probably our best player it was most noticeable from him. There is nothing to defend in this game.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now officially the Morningside of the Big Sky Conference.

Of course, that won't stop the Mussman apologists from using every excuse in the book to save his sorry butt:

"Transition, Transition, Transition, Nickname, Nickname, Transition (again), "We don't have the players, so it isn't the coaching staff's fault", "Mussman should get all the time he wants", "Don't compare us to NDSU because that is irrelevant", "Everything is fine the way it is", "These are college athletes, so it doesn't matter if the team is a train wreck or not", "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". :angry: :angry: :angry:

I want someone in the ducky and bunny camp to come on here RIGHT NOW and explain to all of us why this coaching staff should get all the time they need to make the program better. And you cannot use any of the idiotic excuses I listed above.

End rant. Enjoy the Green Kool-Aid before it gets warm in your glasses. :silly::sad:???

Roger Thomas:

1986: 2-9

1987: 6-4

1988: 7-4

1989: 3-7-1

1990: 7-3

1991: 7-2

1992: 6-4-1

1993: 10-3

8 seasons to reach 10 wins.

Chris Mussman:

DI wins only

2008: 2-4

2009: 5-4

2010: 2-8

2011: 5-3 GWFC co-champs

2012: 4-5

2013: 1-2

Is this coach that is making this team a playoff caliber team? RT improved the team almost every year, where Mussman is average to below average every year. Fire him, remember 2007 Dale Lennon coached a DII team that beat FCS Southern Utah plus made the playoffs, Mussman lost to DII Sioux Falls, and has beaten ONE ranked team (Cal Poly 2009). Where is my paper bag, this guy is like Pat Behrns 2.0, this is my emotional rant for the night.

When he was at U of Sioux Falls I argued for Kalen DeBoer. I'm not sure I'd still do that, but I would consider him.

Interesting thought: Muss hired two very young coordinators. Yes, timing played into that, but by having young coordinators Muss has a built in layer of safety. Fire Muss midseason and who do you name as interim?

Roger Thomas:

1986: 2-9

1987: 6-4

1988: 7-4

1989: 3-7-1

1990: 7-3

1991: 7-2

1992: 6-4-1

1993: 10-3

8 seasons to reach 10 wins.

Chris Mussman:

DI wins only

2008: 2-4

2009: 5-4

2010: 2-8

2011: 5-3 GWFC co-champs

2012: 4-5

2013: 1-2

Is this coach that is making this team a playoff caliber team? RT improved the team almost every year, where Mussman is average to below average every year. Fire him, remember 2007 Dale Lennon coached a DII team that beat FCS Southern Utah plus made the playoffs, Mussman lost to DII Sioux Falls, and has beaten ONE ranked team (Cal Poly 2009). Where is my paper bag, this guy is like Pat Behrns 2.0, this is my emotional rant for the night.

South Dakota was ranked in 2011 when we beat them. Southern Utah was also ranked that year 19th when we whooped them on the road. I get what you're saying but again, facts, try and use them.

South Dakota was ranked in 2011 when we beat them. Southern Utah was also ranked that year 19th when we whooped them on the road. I get what you're saying but again, facts, try and use them.

Honest question because I don't remember. Have we ever beaten a team that was ranked at the end of the year?