SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickname or NO Nickname?

Samaman

Nickname or NO Nickname?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND have a Nickname - Yes or No?

Its so nice to see that Moo U has moved on and is enjoying our nickname issue. Remember what goes around comes around.

What a bunch of Losers!!! Do they have nothing better to do. WOW, guess they are just waiting to take their wives out of the barn for a feeding!

Great post from Championship Subdivision Football dated August 15, 2011:

"What's gets lost in all this nickname debate is the fact that UND has a first rate medical school that specializes in family practice. UND has produced physicians that have been sought by the Mayo Clinic as well as other top notch medical institutions. NDSU will soon have an upgraded sports arena thanks to a huge donation from Sanford Medical. Sanford

Its so nice to see that Moo U has moved on and is enjoying our nickname issue. Remember what goes around comes around.

Its the off season and everyone is bored as hell and sick of Al Carlson. But....things are looking up. College football starts this weeked. T-Jack suck as bad as ever, but he is in Seattle instead of Minnesota. Chilly is nowhere to be found. Hey.....soon all energy will switch to football and that is a good thing. ;)

• Downvote 1

Control what's yours to control or someone will do it for you.

How long, with no nickname, until someone tags something that plays with the media? There are "friends" out there trying already. Some are half serious/half snide (meaning they just might stick). All it takes is one that's semi-flattering to stick.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24275

Control what's yours to control and have it ready for the Big Sky and NCHC.

I love how the last poster points out that Al Carlson is an NDSU grad. Its amazing how many people were unaware of this. I thought it was common knowledge.

I have to admit, some of those are pretty funny. Hey, if it were them rather than us, we'd be having as much fun. Although our new names for NDSU would be much, much funnier!

:lol:

I have to admit, some of those are pretty funny. Hey, if it were them rather than us, we'd be having as much fun. Although our new names for NDSU would be much, much funnier!

:lol:

We all wish it was them and not us. As for WYOBISONMAN this is such a long offseason, regular football (not preseason) needs to hurry its slow@ss up and get here now!!! :D

We all wish it was them and not us. As for WYOBISONMAN this is such a long offseason, regular football (not preseason) needs to hurry its slow@ss up and get here now!!! :D

I wish it were them also.

Hey, maybe we should start a "re-name the Bison" thread?

:)

Great post from Championship Subdivision Football dated August 15, 2011:

"What's gets lost in all this nickname debate is the fact that UND has a first rate medical school that specializes in family practice. UND has produced physicians that have been sought by the Mayo Clinic as well as other top notch medical institutions. NDSU will soon have an upgraded sports arena thanks to a huge donation from Sanford Medical. Sanford

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/214028/group/opinion/

Always great to see people of Sioux heritage give their opinion using honest, personal feelings.............rather than regurgitating spin that has no common sense reasoning behind it.

"I was raised to be proud of my Sioux heritage. My grandfathers are Baptiste Lambert, Struck the Ree, Rain In The Face, Wabasha and Burnt Thigh, among others. They were strong men and proud warriors, men who stood unwavering by what they believed.

But now, once again, the dominant culture is saying the Sioux name and logo are bad. Being Sioux is not bad. The logo shows a proud, focused warrior. What is there to be ashamed of?

I have yet to be convinced that the FIghting Sioux name and logo are harmful in any way. And at every game, the name of my people is shouted in the spirit of pride of belonging to something good. How great is that?"

Thank You Harvey!

Always great to see people of Sioux heritage give their opinion using honest, personal feelings.............rather than regurgitating spin that has no common sense reaoning behind it.

"I was raised to be proud of my Sioux heritage. My grandfathers are Baptiste Lambert, Struck the Ree, Rain In The Face, Wabasha and Burnt Thigh, among others. They were strong men and proud warriors, men who stood unwavering by what they believed.

But now, once again, the dominant culture is saying the Sioux name and logo are bad. Being Sioux is not bad. The logo shows a proud, focused warrior. What is there to be ashamed of?

I have yet to be convinced that the FIghting Sioux name and logo are harmful in any way. And at every game, the name of my people is shouted in the spirit of pride of belonging to something good. How great is that?"

Thank You Harvey!

That was a very nice article...

Always great to see people of Sioux heritage give their opinion using honest, personal feelings.............rather than regurgitating spin that has no common sense reaoning behind it.

Thank You Harvey!

No no no....Harvey has it all wrong. At Fighting Sioux sporting events the Sioux symbol and people are abused. An example would be how the Tomahawk Chop occurs during hockey games over and over again. UND does nothing to educate the fans attending sporting events of the history and tradition of the Sioux people.

Someone post a Lucy Ganje article on the board, she's got it right.

Always great to see people of Sioux heritage give their opinion using honest, personal feelings.............rather than regurgitating spin that has no common sense reasoning behind it.

Thank You Harvey!

Obviously, Harvey is a misguided, unenlightened "hang around the fort Indian", according to many non-Sioux, to be so proud of his heritage. :glare::silly:

I have a website Harvey needs to visit.....this should set the matter straight and teach Harvey a thing or two about what he should believe.

http://www.und.edu/org/bridges/index2.html

Those people are insane and they are themselves the collective archetype of "racism." The fact that this cynical and pathological troupe of racists gets any public funding at all is highly disturbing.