SiouxSports.com Forum

coaches

siouxfbfan

Thats fair enough. I simply asked if you would like to see them play a good FBS team to where they would be a decided underdog going in. Then winning it would be even sweeter.

In theory, I agree with you completely.

But with playoffs in the FCS the goal has to be to get into them every year, and scheduling is done with this in mind.

Using a FBS game as a challenging yet winnable game is a way to build confidence for the team moving into the conference schedule.

UNI did the opposite this year and it cost them. They lose FBS games and completely lost confidence and the season spiraled from there.

They were 8-6. In the MAC. Please don't compare the MAC to the Big 12 ever again.

Anyway, enough of this. Doesn't matter anyway.

Whose comparing the MAC to the Big 12? I am comparing Central Michigan to Texas Tech. You want to believe that Texas Tech is the class of the Big 12? Go ahead.

The rest of us live in reality where Texas Tech is a bottom/middle of the road Big 12 team nearly every year.

Whose comparing the MAC to the Big 12? I am comparing Central Michigan to Texas Tech. You want to believe that Texas Tech is the class of the Big 12? Go ahead.

The rest of us live in reality where Texas Tech is a bottom/middle of the road Big 12 team nearly every year.

Like I said, I am done. Go look at TT's recent history on your own time if that's what you think.

Like I said, I am done. Go look at TT's recent history on your own time if that's what you think.

I hate to keep pushing the issue when you have said you are done. But, this seems to be an opinion that runs rampant on this board. So this is for everyone. Texas Tech is a below average Big 12 team, actually very similar in the standing every year as Iowa State, an NDSU FBS opponent.

So the "shining star" of UND's FBS schedule is not any better than the FBS teams NDSU has played.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/4/big-12-conference

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/4/year/2011/big-12-conference

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/4/year/2010/big-12-conference

I hate to keep pushing the issue when you have said you are done. But, this seems to be an opinion that runs rampant on this board. So this is for everyone. Texas Tech is a below average Big 12 team, actually very similar in the standing every year as Iowa State, an NDSU FBS opponent.

So the "shining star" of UND's FBS schedule is not any better than the FBS teams NDSU has played.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/4/big-12-conference

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/4/year/2011/big-12-conference

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/4/year/2010/big-12-conference

Keep going. UND played them in 2009 when Mike Leach was the coach.

Keep going. UND played them in 2009 when Mike Leach was the coach.

I said they are a middle of the road PROGRAM, any team can have a few good years. Even the gophers were a bowl team when NDSU played them.

Again, UND lost so they could have been coached by Bill Belicheck and won the super bowl that year and I still wouldn't be impressed.

Oh I see, you think Texas Tech is head and shoulders above the MAC champ. Please.

:lol:

THAT Texas Tech team was head and shoulders above THAT 8-6 Central Michigan team. All day.

But please continue with your ndsu insecurity and "SPS" on our forum.

I apologize to everyone for even replying to this. Should have stuck with my guns. Back on topic.

It doesn't really matter what a team was like years earlier or years later. What matters is how good was the team when UND or NDSU played them. As far as I can remember Texas Tech was a pretty good team when UND played them. NDSU has played a lot of teams that at one time might have been good teams but they just weren't good teams when NDSU played them. NDSU had very fortunate timing.

:lol:

THAT Texas Tech team was head and shoulders above THAT 8-6 Central Michigan team. All day.

But please continue with your ndsu insecurity and "SPS" on our forum.

I apologize to everyone for even replying to this. Should have stuck with my guns. Back on topic.

Getting stuck in these tangent arguments is not the point. The original discussion revolved around UND fans questioning the FBS opponents of NDSU.

My point was to say that NDSU and UND schedule FBS opponents in exactly the same way and that Texas Tech isn't exactly an FBS powerhouse.

So UND goes in and gets beat by 20, great, so what? Should a fan take pride in playing well? Absolutely. But to rip another teams scheduling practices when you do the exact same thing is what I fail to understand.

Unless any of the coaches move somewhere else on their own, they will be back next year. If they were going to be let go, it would have happened in the weeks following the season not after recruiting is completed. I see no changes happening with the staff.

Unless any of the coaches move somewhere else on their own, they will be back next year. If they were going to be let go, it would have happened in the weeks following the season not after recruiting is completed. I see no changes happening with the staff.

I was mostly just trying to turn the conversation away from where it had drifted. I agree with your assessment though.

...which is mind-boggling to me. Oh well, it is what it is and I hope Muss is proven right.

You think CMU is the same as Texas Tech?? CMU is 3-4 in Bowl games since 1990 (first appearance in a bowl game). Texas Tech is 9-8. In case you can't do math in 22 seasons...CMU has been to 7 bowl games while TT has been to 17 bowl games. TT plays in a BCS conference, while CMU plays in the MAC which does NOT scream toughness. The years before NDSU played CMU and UND played TT...CMU was 6-5 in 2005, and TT was 11-2 in 2008. Quite a difference going into the first game of the year the next season played.

You think CMU is the same as Texas Tech?? CMU is 3-4 in Bowl games since 1990 (first appearance in a bowl game). Texas Tech is 9-8. In case you can't do math in 22 seasons...CMU has been to 7 bowl games while TT has been to 17 bowl games. TT plays in a BCS conference, while CMU plays in the MAC which does NOT scream toughness. The years before NDSU played CMU and UND played TT...CMU was 6-5 in 2005, and TT was 11-2 in 2008. Quite a difference going into the first game of the year the next season played.

Not to mention UND played a much better MAC team in Northern Illinois, who went 11-3 and won their bowl game the year UND played them. Too bad UND didn't win though, had it at the end and couldn't convert to Hardin on a post that was wide open. Lost 23-17.

• Upvote 1

I am one of the many who are sick of Bison trolls hijacking every thread - the best way to prevent that is a simple two part plan - 1. Don't mention the Bison ourselves when talking about our team and 2. Don't feed the trolls

Having said that - in relationship to this endless discussion - I would rather that the Sioux had a signature win than a signature "played pretty well against".

• Upvote 3

This is what I don't get. A UND poster, UNDBIZ, goes and attempts to get the thread back on track and several UND posters continue to follow up and then this happens again. Why do some posters feel the need to respond to the bison trolls and continue to derail the thread? Start a new thread or better yet...don't respond. I understand some of the Bison posters are fine and contribute to the conversation and I respect that. I see what the trolls post, but choose not to fall into their trap, I wish others could do the same...

So once again, back on topic. I also have a very difficult time understanding why no changes were made to the coaching staff, particularly on the defensive side. I don't want to start a whole argument about firing certain coaches, but I sure hope our AD is paying attention and is demanding better results on the defensive side of the ball for the 2013 campaign.

• Upvote 1

So any news on the coaches out there? Are/should the coordinators/assistants all be comfortable in their positions?

I was mostly just trying to turn the conversation away from where it had drifted. I agree with your assessment though.

...which is mind-boggling to me. Oh well, it is what it is and I hope Muss is proven right.

This^^^^^^^

I also have a very difficult time understanding why no changes were made to the coaching staff, particularly on the defensive side. I don't want to start a whole argument about firing certain coaches, but I sure hope our AD is paying attention and is demanding better results on the defensive side of the ball for the 2013 campaign.

And we're back....

I'll let everyone get on with the coaches thread, but feel the need to set the record straight on what I was saying. Darell is clearly trying to misrepresent what I am saying.

Others said Texas Tech would be the best FBS team NDSU would have ever played if they played them in 2009 like UND did. I agree.

What I don't agree with is that they are the best FBS team NDSU would have played and it isn't even close. I never said TT and CMU were the same, so don't say that I did. I am just saying it isn't like comparing U of M and Alabama, like some posters on here would like to believe.

Also, quit cherry picking stats Darell. You use the 2008 TT team to somehow prop up how good the 2009 team was, knowing full well that team was led by Graham Harell and Michael Crabtree who were in the NFL when UND played them.

TT was darn good when UND played them, again, so what? I am having a hard time understanding why UND fans want to brag about playing such a good team when they lost the game.

I'll let everyone get on with the coaches thread, but feel the need to set the record straight on what I was saying. Darell is clearly trying to misrepresent what I am saying.

Others said Texas Tech would be the best FBS team NDSU would have ever played if they played them in 2009 like UND did. I agree.

What I don't agree with is that they are the best FBS team NDSU would have played and it isn't even close. I never said TT and CMU were the same, so don't say that I did. I am just saying it isn't like comparing U of M and Alabama, like some posters on here would like to believe.

Also, quit cherry picking stats Darell. You use the 2008 TT team to somehow prop up how good the 2009 team was, knowing full well that team was led by Graham Harell and Michael Crabtree who were in the NFL when UND played them.

TT was darn good when UND played them, again, so what? I am having a hard time understanding why UND fans want to brag about playing such a good team when they lost the game.

Didn't read it, nobody cares, use private messaging to talk with Darell...

Didn't read it, nobody cares, use private messaging to talk with Darell...

Haha, you guys are hilarious. Its like watching a person with multiple personalities have a fight between two of them.

Someone brings up NDSU and I respond and then you guys get pissed. It's unbelievable.