SiouxSports.com Forum

coaches

siouxfbfan

. . . and who would lose to UNI? Would these teams also hang with Iowa and Wisconsin? What specific team are you suggeting? :silly:

So we now reward teams for "hanging" with top FBS teams? I guess Bison fans love to find any way to pump up the MVFC.

So we now reward teams for "hanging" with top FBS teams? I guess Bison fans love to find any way to pump up the MVFC.

That isn't an NDSU thing. Teams are rewarded whether it is justified or not for being remotely competitive with top FBS teams by most fans.

That isn't an NDSU thing. Teams are rewarded whether it is justified or not for being remotely competitive with top FBS teams by most fans.

And yet Bison fans called the UND-Texas Tech a moral victory. I guess rewards are only for MVFC teams.

• Upvote 3

Sounds reasonable...not that Taylor would actually schedule one. Anyone anytime my ass...

"Anyone, Anytime..........as long as it's in the FFD (Fabulous Fargo Dome)"

"Anyone, Anytime..........as long as it's a team we have a 99% chance of beating"

"Anyone, Anytime..........as long as it's a team good enough for the media to hype up into a strong opponent"

But you are right, unconditional "Anyone, Anytime" simply does not exist in Imperial Cass.

And yet Bison fans called the UND-Texas Tech a moral victory. I guess rewards are only for MVFC teams.

Getting rolled by Texas Tech post Crabtree/Harrell doesn't get you rewards.

Sounds reasonable...not that Taylor would actually schedule one. Anyone anytime my ass...

Schedule a quality FBS? Not sure what you want from him. K-State is on the docket for next season.

Schedule a quality FBS? Not sure what you want from him. K-State is on the docket for next season.

UND hung with Texas Tech. We gave up 2 TD's late in the 4th. Not bad for a team in its second year in transition against a team that challenged for the national title the year before.

Its only taken him nine years. It got to the point where he finally had to admit there strategy was to only play winnable FBS games.

http://www.valleynew...nsion-with-ndsu

NDSU MEDIA RELEASE:

FARGO, N.D.--North Dakota State University and head football coach Craig Bohl have agreed to an eight-year contract extension that runs from 2013 to 2021. The announcement was made today by NDSU Director of Athletics Gene Taylor.

"I am very pleased we have signed Coach Bohl to continue being the head coach of the Bison the next several years. His record of success speaks for itself and how he operates the program overall is exceptional. I could not be more pleased as to the future of Bison football under his leadership and our continued working relationship together," said Taylor.

Taylor said the current base salary of the contract is $206,503. The annual salary will be increased by a minimum of five percent per year effective July 1, 2013, contingent on performance evaluations.

The contract includes a 3 percent of gross home football regular season single-game and season ticket sales. There are also incentives for a Missouri Valley Football Conference Championship ($10,000), Football Championship Subdivision home ($5,000) and away ($2,500) playoff games, a FCS runner-up finish ($10,000) and a FCS championship ($15,000).

The contract includes provisions for the assistant coaches to receive compensation for a conference championship ($1,500), FCS home ($1,500) and away ($750) playoff games, a FCS runner-up finish ($1,500) and a FCS championship ($2,000). It also states the yearly budget for assistant coach salaries shall be in the top 10 percent of FCS football programs.

UND hung with Texas Tech. We gave up 2 TD's late in the 4th. Not bad for a team in its second year in transition against a team that challenged for the national title the year before.

Problem is that Und didn't play Texas tech the year before. I wasn't impressed with 'hanging with' a team that was average and vastly underestimated Und.

Problem is that Und didn't play Texas tech the year before. I wasn't impressed with 'hanging with' a team that was average and vastly underestimated Und.

Average? They were 9-4 overall and won the Alamo Bowl. They ended the year ranked #21 in the country.

They would be BY FAR the best team NDSU had ever played.

Average? They were 9-4 overall and won the Alamo Bowl. They ended the year ranked #21 in the country.

They would be the best team NDSU has played. Sure. Not really seeing why that is important. You would respect Gene Taylor more for scheduling them instead of the FBS games he has scheduled? If so, why?

They would be the best team NDSU has played. Sure. Not really seeing why that is important. You would respect Gene Taylor more for scheduling them instead of the FBS games he has scheduled? If so, why?

Yes I would have liked to see NDSU play a good, solid FBS team like that. Wouldn't you - as an NDSU fan? NDSU has been the favorite in their last two FBS games, which is almost unheard of.

Yes I would have liked to see NDSU play a good, solid FBS team like that. Wouldn't you - as an NDSU fan? NDSU has been the favorite in their last two FBS games, which is almost unheard of.

NDSU has played against average FBS teams and some bad ones as well. If UND was scheduled against Minnesota would you be upset because Minnesota isn't Ohio State?

NDSU has Kansas State next season. Is that good enough for you? If you are asking if I'd rather have NDSU play Notre Dame or Minnesota, the answer is Minnesota. Winnable games sound more fun to watch than a bodybag game.

FBS games are fun and I like to go to them but I'd rather have the guys go 10-1 with an FBS loss than 9-2 with an FBS win.

By far? Maybe you forgot that NDSU went to Central Michigan and beat the MAC champs.

I'm not sure why people wear it as a badge of honor to go get your face kicked in by a "good" FBS team. Doesn't it make sense to schedule games that are winnable?

Seems to me it is a matter of intelligence to schedule games with teams that are in recruiting areas and winnable.

Also, Texas Tech is the ONLY FBS program UND has played that would be considered "upper echilon". Outside of that UND schedules FBS games the exact same way NDSU does. So why the trash talk about the way GT does it?

Thats fair enough. I simply asked if you would like to see them play a good FBS team to where they would be a decided underdog going in. Then winning it would be even sweeter.

I believe the only game(someone feel free to correct it) that NDSU was probably favored in was the Colorado State game. Maybe the Wyoming one, not sure about that one.