SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

Regardless of the agreement, UND needs a new name for MARKETING.  Those North Dakota Proud items do NOT sell and they do not incite young people's interest in UND.  The old folks aren't the target market, it's the high school and college students.  As anyone here can attest, a school logo/nickname can create quite the connection with fans and alumni.  "North Dakota" isn't going to get it done.

Why would anyone buy North Dakota or new nickname gear when you can still find Sioux gear?  There will always be a market for Sioux gear I believe, so somehow, somewhere, there will be a supply.

I'm going to write a book here.

I've been thinking, the new name HAS to be wolves. What's the reason behind needing a new name? Branding. Merchandise. Selling stuff. Nothing brands better than wolves. 

It sets the right mentality for sports too.  Aggressive, Cunning, Working Together. Kills our rivals. 

- Join the Pack. Get your season ticket package now. 

- Let me you howl

- The Hunt is on. 

- Pack Mentality

No one is just Wolves. There is timberwolves, seawolves, wolfpack. Just Wolves. Think of the cool logo. The silhouette of this guys face with green eyes.

snarl-of-a-wolf-picture-1.jpg

Best traveling fanbase in hockey? The pack is on the move.

It's pretty safe for controversy sake, but it the ways that it is controversial plays in our favor. Who hates wolves? People from our conference states, people from Wisconsin and Minnesota. 

All in on wolves.

#Howl

#JoinThePack

I've been thinking, the new name HAS to be wolves. What's the reason behind needing a new name? Branding. Merchandise. Selling stuff. Nothing brands better than wolves.

It sets the right mentality for sports too. Aggressive, Cunning, Working Together. Kills our rivals.

http://youtu.be/fJOlGdjs8QM

- Let me you howl

- The Hunt is on.

- Pack Mentality

No one is just Wolves. There is timberwolves, seawolves, wolfpack. Just Wolves. Think of the cool logo. The silhouette of this guys face with green eyes.

It's pretty safe for controversy sake, but it the ways that it is controversial plays in our favor. Who hates wolves? People from our conference states, people from Wisconsin and Minnesota.

All in on wolves.

#Howl

#JoinThePack

Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD is the Wolves. And a few DII teams are the Wolves but there are NO DI teams nicknamed Wolves.

It sets the right mentality for sports too.  Aggressive, Cunning, Working Together. Kills our rivals. 

- Let me you howl

- The Hunt is on. 

- Pack Mentality

All in on wolves.

#Howl

#JoinThePack

There are not a lot of names out there that excite me, but I could get behind this.

• Upvote 1

It sets the right mentality for sports too. Aggressive, Cunning, Working Together. Kills our rivals.

- Let me you howl

- The Hunt is on.

- Pack Mentality

All in on wolves.

#Howl

#JoinThePack

Best pitch I've seen on this thread in a very long time!

• Upvote 1

- Let me you howl

- The Hunt is on. 

- Pack Mentality

All in on wolves.

#Howl

#JoinThePack

One of the best suggestions lately. Can you get it through the Kelly group is the question. Can Eric be appointed to the Kelly group would be the answer.

• Upvote 1

- Let me you howl

- The Hunt is on.

- Pack Mentality

All in on wolves.

#Howl

#JoinThePack

Ok that is AWESOME!! UND fans=The North Dakota Wolf Pack, best traveling fans!! UND Fighting Sioux Wolf Pack, anyone? Lol

MInnesota TimberWOLVES

Arkansas State Red WOLVES

South Dakota Coyotes

NC State Wolfpack

Nevada (Reno) Wolfpack

And as someone mentioned Northern State (SD)

Technically, New Mexico's Lobos are wolves.

There are wolves out there.

But there is no UND Wolves! There are worse names than this. I think it's a respectable nickname, it will take time to get use to it but it will grow.