SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

why are UND people so desperate to play NDSU?

I don't think it's desperation. But the games were almost always great events no matter who won. They bring more attention to both programs on a regular basis than almost anything else either school could do on their own, other than winning National Championships. And no one wins National Championships on a regular basis. If the schools are on a level playing field it only makes sense to have them play on some kind of a regular basis.

why are UND people so desperate to play NDSU?

To be honest, I could live with us not playing NDSU in the regular season again. Being in different conferences hurts the significance of the game compared to what it was like in the NCC. A potential playoff match-up would be much more exciting with so much on the line. If Gene "I am a tool and not a tool man" Taylor is too chicken to play UND every year or insists that every single game be in Fargo from now on, then it isn't worth ranting about anymore.

• Upvote 1

NDSU fans think Bison football is bigger than God. Bringing them back to reality just means showing them that others can compete with them.

I am not even sure how to respond to that. In Fargo, football is king, just like hockey in Grand Forks. You really think NDSU fans think that we are unable to be beaten? Considering NDSU hasn't had an undefeated season in well over two decades, I think ALL NDSU fans are well aware NDSU can and most likely will be beaten again.

North Dakota citizens (and I'm saying a majority of them) are desperate to see both schools play again. It's part of out heritage that's been taken away.

Oh, I really doubt that a majority of the citizens of ND is "desperate" to see the two schools play again. I have no doubt that, if asked, a majority would say that they want to see the game played. But, I suspect that most would not lose much sleep over it. Truthfully, the "never play those bums again" crowd, on both sides, seem to me to be much more passionate about it.

I am not even sure how to respond to that. In Fargo, football is king, just like hockey in Grand Forks. You really think NDSU fans think that we are unable to be beaten? Considering NDSU hasn't had an undefeated season in well over two decades, I think ALL NDSU fans are well aware NDSU can and most likely will be beaten again.

It was an over the top statement to reflect the over the top attitude of NDSU fans. Many NDSU fans believe that their football team is superior to everyone, and they belittle almost everyone else. Especially UND, often for no real reason. The constant attacks on any school or team not named NDSU has more than gotten old. Especially when it constantly bleeds over to this site. Some UND hockey fans are over the top also, but it doesn't compare to NDSU football fans.
  • Upvote 1

To be honest, this might be the year they go undefeated. They look pretty damn good. I do not say that lightly.

To be honest, this might be the year they go undefeated. They look pretty damn good. I do not say that lightly.

I think the injury bug that we didn't really have to deal with in a big way last year has reared it's ugly head this year. As a Bison fan I like to be optimistic, but I just don't see NDSU repeating as national champions. I would glad be thrilled to be proven wrong however.

It was an over the top statement to reflect the over the top attitude of NDSU fans. Many NDSU fans believe that their football team is superior to everyone, and they belittle almost everyone else. Especially UND, often for no real reason. The constant attacks on any school or team not named NDSU has more than gotten old. Especially when it constantly bleeds over to this site. Some UND hockey fans are over the top also, but it doesn't compare to NDSU football fans.

I hate to be mean-spirited about it all, but technically NDSU is superior to all of it's peers. Being reigning national champs and all that is a bragging right NDSU fans get to carry with them until a new champion is crowned.

Kolpack's latest dribble...http://www.grandfork...icle/id/245400/

Let me translate: "Gene has told me, off the record, that this game is never going to get scheduled. That is, as long as Gene and Craig are working at NDSU."

Kolpack is a mouthpiece for the NDSU propaganda machine. Everyone should realize that he was using an editorial piece to tell you that the game will never, ever be scheduled if GT is still there.

Why would he say its dead FOREVER, what if a new AD comes in next year?

• Upvote 3

So what your saying is GT no longer wants the one time home/home contract that he asked for? The one Faison said he'd send over for review? I mean it is the only deal that GT said he would accept, why would he change his tune now? Color me suprised...