SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Not earned enough for a home and home? How bout we have played 110 times for over a centruy!! I suppose at least 50 of those were in Grand Forks!! Yes we have had some down years, but so has NDSU. Do you remember 2009 when NDSU was 3-8??? Remember?? Wow...I guess NDSU fans really do have a short memory!!

UND hasn't earned a home-and-home. To earn that, I think UND needs to prove that they are on NDSU's level. I have said that multiple times. NDSU could potentially earn a little extra coin from what I am reading on here, I will assume you are right on that, the theory behind it made enough sense to me.

UND and NDSU were peers once upon a time, UND controlled the rivalry for a very long time, then decided in the 60's to become relevant, about 20 years of good/great rivalry by the looks of it, then NDSU took control, then UND did.

That was a different time. Since then, NDSU has established itself as a very good program at a new level of football. UND has not proven that they will be anything more than a new Northern Colorado, I personally do not think UND will be another UNC, but who knows right? NDSU's OOC schedule to most of us, is 2 home games, and an FBS game. If bringing in a big name like Montana, or Georgia Southern, or someone like that, requires us to go on the road as well, I think NDSU fans are fine with that, happy even. But wasting an OOC going on the road to Grand Forks, to play in a game against a team that RIGHT NOW, is not at NDSU's 'prestige' level, just seems like a dumb idea.

The PR of playing the game, helps UND more in my opinion. UND football needs a spark right now. Attendence levels are bad. UND has had some less-than-stellar appearances against some less-than-spectacular competition. A bad loss to Sioux Falls, a wayyyyy too close game with Sioux Falls, getting pounded by Idaho last season, and maybe another couple bad losses for all I konw. NDSU football, is doing exceptionally well at the moment, like bison06 said. UND could get beat by 20 points in both games, and people would not be shocked. If they kept a game close, or won a game, it would give UND a huge boost, and really crush NDSU. NDSU's national championship run probably won over a lot of casual fans in North Dakota, and maybe some 'Sota folks too. Playing UND would not win NDSU any more fans, but it could certainly help UND out if they took NDSU down....which isa possibility, not a probability, I've witnessed weirder(is that a word?) things happen.

Now, if and when UND proves themselves to be at a high level of FCS contention, I will be all for throwing a home-home on the schedule. But until then(for all we know, it could be a year or two, it could be five, it could be ten), I really have no interest in putting a game on the schedule. I want two high-level teams playing if NDSU is going to give up a home game to make it happen.

I guess we shouldn't schedule NDSU in Volleyball and Basketball since we are the better team right now. UND would just have too much to lose.

I imagine that the teams are probably at a similar level....but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

it would be a shame if these 2 teams didn't get together for another 5 or 10 years. Especially if 2015 comes along and UND is fielding a product that is equal to or better than what NDSU is fielding.

I'm with you 100% on that, but it would also be a shame if NDSU was going to give up a valuable home game to go on the road to play a team with nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I think of it this way, Notre Dame has Miami on the schedule this year, I remember a few years back when this was expected to be a great thing because Miami appeared to be resurfacing after about a 5-7 year hiatus. Now I look at that game on the schedule with very little excitement.

When making schedules, in my opinion, it is important to schedule strong programs. Notre Dame did that, it just didn't work out. NDSU so far, has done a fine job with that. We had Georgia Southern on the schedule, they infamously bought it out, I believe Montana St. bought one out, but will be coming for a game in a couple years, Montana has been added to the schedule(who knows if they'll be any good now) as well. I like how we are doing things, doing a home-home with UND right now would be a big change-up from what has been the norm.

UND and NDSU were peers once upon a time,

Same spin that was quoted as truth by NDSU fans when the VB and MBB games were scheduled.

Since then, NDSU has established itself as a very good program at a new level of football. UND has not proven that they will be anything more than a new Northern Colorado, I personally do not think UND will be another UNC, but who knows right? NDSU's OOC schedule to most of us, is 2 home games, and an FBS game. If bringing in a big name like Montana, or Georgia Southern, or someone like that, requires us to go on the road as well, I think NDSU fans are fine with that, happy even. But wasting an OOC going on the road to Grand Forks, to play in a game against a team that RIGHT NOW, is not at NDSU's 'prestige' level, just seems like a dumb idea.

NDSU has proven themselves no more then EWU (a team NDSU fans love to rag on) has the last couple years. A playoff appearance followed by a national championship. NDSU has a couple more years before you start declaring yourselves as a Montana or Georgia Southern. As was shown this year by NDSU (successful) and UNI (unsucessful) scheduling, it is becoming a lot harder to get those two home counter games without signing a home and home and teams will keep holding out for big time money because they know they can. And we are talking about games 3 and 5 years out. If you don't think they field will be close to level by then, you don't remember history all that well.

• Upvote 1

Wow, you UND fans really like taking something that an NDSU fan says and twisting it to mean something completely different. I also said "We still have a lot to prove in order to get the respect that those teams have earned over the years", but you chose to completely disregard that in order to keep your opinion that all NDSU fans have no respect for other schools.

"Right now" means that right now UND doesn't have the reputation that those other schools have, and in my opinion, have not earned enough respect for me to want to schedule a home and home. Yes, you are right that UND got into the Big Sky Conference and NDSU didn't, but do you really think that has anything to do with the perceived level of talent at the two schools? You are also right that UND could have 3 national championships by 2015, but they could also go 0-11 (like Northern Colorado did last year) and lose to SD School of Mines this year. If UND has a national championship (or 3) in the next few years, then I think they should be treated more like Montana or Montana State. Right now, UND is not being looked at like Montana, Montana State, or even Portland State. The general perception outside of UND is that UND will be towards the bottom of the Big Sky, and I would not want NDSU to schedule a team at the bottom of any conference, even the Big Sky, to a home and home.

UND hasn't earned a home-and-home. To earn that, I think UND needs to prove that they are on NDSU's level. I have said that multiple times. NDSU could potentially earn a little extra coin from what I am reading on here, I will assume you are right on that, the theory behind it made enough sense to me.

UND and NDSU were peers once upon a time, UND controlled the rivalry for a very long time, then decided in the 60's to become relevant, about 20 years of good/great rivalry by the looks of it, then NDSU took control, then UND did.

That was a different time. Since then, NDSU has established itself as a very good program at a new level of football. UND has not proven that they will be anything more than a new Northern Colorado, I personally do not think UND will be another UNC, but who knows right? NDSU's OOC schedule to most of us, is 2 home games, and an FBS game. If bringing in a big name like Montana, or Georgia Southern, or someone like that, requires us to go on the road as well, I think NDSU fans are fine with that, happy even. But wasting an OOC going on the road to Grand Forks, to play in a game against a team that RIGHT NOW, is not at NDSU's 'prestige' level, just seems like a dumb idea.

The PR of playing the game, helps UND more in my opinion. UND football needs a spark right now. Attendence levels are bad. UND has had some less-than-stellar appearances against some less-than-spectacular competition. A bad loss to Sioux Falls, a wayyyyy too close game with Sioux Falls, getting pounded by Idaho last season, and maybe another couple bad losses for all I konw. NDSU football, is doing exceptionally well at the moment, like bison06 said. UND could get beat by 20 points in both games, and people would not be shocked. If they kept a game close, or won a game, it would give UND a huge boost, and really crush NDSU. NDSU's national championship run probably won over a lot of casual fans in North Dakota, and maybe some 'Sota folks too. Playing UND would not win NDSU any more fans, but it could certainly help UND out if they took NDSU down....which isa possibility, not a probability, I've witnessed weirder(is that a word?) things happen.

Now, if and when UND proves themselves to be at a high level of FCS contention, I will be all for throwing a home-home on the schedule. But until then(for all we know, it could be a year or two, it could be five, it could be ten), I really have no interest in putting a game on the schedule. I want two high-level teams playing if NDSU is going to give up a home game to make it happen.

I imagine that the teams are probably at a similar level....but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Why did you say the same things under different logins? And will you please post the criteria that you will be using in determining if/when UND has earned the esteemed privilege of stepping foot onto the same field as the mighty bison.

Two fundamental points that seem to get lost are:

1. Whether it is true or not, NDSU fans and administrators see playing UND as helping UND and elevating UND's status (your welcome to argue the point, but that is the perception on our end)

2. With point #1 in mind, the game would have to be a financial windfall for NDSU fans and administrators to get on board willingly.

All that posters on this board and others have shown is that playing the game would be a financial wash at best, and that is with bumping up ticket prices to make it a "premium game".

It's not that we don't get it at all, I think you don't understand the situation from our perspective or maybe don't want to.

I think we all know that college athletics is a business. In thinking of it as a true business and UND as a direct competitor to NDSU's success, recruiting, funding, students. Why would NDSU want to elevate UND's status by playing them at this point?

Why does playing NDSU elevate UND's status - UND is in a conference with Montana, Montana St, Poly, Davis, etc...

Again, I understand how PR works. But, using your Coke analogy, do you think coke benefits as much from putting out an Ad where they also mention pepsi in the ad?

This used to happen far more often in the PR world, where companies would address their competition by name in their ads. Now they compare themselves in thier ads if they feel the need to, but you'll notice they NEVER mention them by name.

The car insurance industry has been the most notable as of late. You'll see Nationwide or Statefarm run an ad comparing themselves to that "other company" (Geicko)and then use a lizard to signify the Gecko. But they will never actually mention the other company because they realize that by mentioning their competitors in an ad they are paying for eyeballs as you put it.

Dominos is doing the same thing, they show people delivering pizza and it is obvious they are comparing their product to Papa John's and Pizza Hut. But they will never show their competitors logos or say them by name.

Playing UND is the equivalent of Statefarm saying they are better then Geicko in a nationally run ad. Some people just see the Geicko part of it and Statefarm loses some of the advertisements impact.

You don't share the spotlight with a direct competitor and expect it to be a 100% PR gain for you, especially when you can just as easily play a different team and get 100% of the PR.

I'm sorry if you can't grasp this concept.

remember the Pepsi taste test crap..... may have mentioned Coke a few times......

Same spin that was quoted as truth by NDSU fans when the VB and MBB games were scheduled.

NDSU has proven themselves no more then EWU (a team NDSU fans love to rag on) has the last couple years. A playoff appearance followed by a national championship. NDSU has a couple more years before you start declaring yourselves as a Montana or Georgia Southern. As was shown this year by NDSU (successful) and UNI (unsucessful) scheduling, it is becoming a lot harder to get those two home counter games without signing a home and home and teams will keep holding out for big time money because they know they can. And we are talking about games 3 and 5 years out. If you don't think they field will be close to level by then, you don't remember history all that well.

History doesn't necessarily matter. UNC was good at D-II, wen't D-I and now is awful. Then went D-I and fell flat on their face. By NDSU's standards, the last 10 years of D-II were not very successful, a move to D-I and all the sudden NDSU APPEARS to have "it" as of now. You make a good point however, on the EWU thing. EWU is typically towards the top of the heap in the Big Sky though aren't they?

Why did you say the same things under different logins? And will you please post the criteria that you will be using in determining if/when UND has earned the esteemed privilege of stepping foot onto the same field as the mighty bison.

While right now, I do have the time on my hands to do that(had surgery recently), I would get wayyy too bored. Hence, I skimmed the new posts today, and didn't see that my post would add literally nothing to the discussion as that point of view was already represented.

It sure is a privilege ;)

I'd say making the playoffs, winning playoff games. Knocking off Montana/Montana St.(both perhaps?) That seems reasonable.

I'm beginning to think a UND-NDSU football game isn't worth having to deal with bizun fans.

I've thought for a long time. Let them have St. Francis and save up for an exciting 6 hour drive to Vermillion. I can't imagine having to deal with this crap in person..............

I like things the way they are now..................with NDSU as an after-thought.

• Upvote 1

I've thought for a long time. Let them have St. Francis and save up for an exciting 6 hour drive to Vermillion. I can't imagine having to deal with this crap in person..............

I like things the way they are now..................with NDSU as an after-thought.

Google maps says 4 hours 42 minutes.....Besides...its in Sioux Falls this year. ;) besides, every Bison fan should make a pilgrimage to the building where "The Pitch" occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8

UND has matched NDSU's level 3 times since moving up to the FCS...We were ranked this year so that matched the level of the 2005 NDSU team. UND won a share of the GWFC title so that matched the level of the 2006 NDSU team. UND went 3-8 in 2010 so that matched the level of the 2009 NDSU team. So now we are at the level of the 2008 NDSU team....being playoff eligible and starting the season in an AQ conference.

I love how you compare us to Northern Colorado...UNC never won a conference title in the FCS. UND did. NDSU's prestige level?? What is that cockyness coming from? EWU won a national title then went to Vermillion and got their ass kicked. Who says that couldn't happen to NDSU. Just because you win a National Title doesn't mean you are untouchable the next season. If you think that you are stupid. Remember NDSU had a kick ass transition period then what did they do when they entered the MVFC...nothing the first two seasons. Well UND has built the team for the playoffs not for transition. You may think UND is nothing because we haven't beaten any FBS teams or have been ranked #1 during the season and did lose to a non DI team but you would be suprised how quick we can go from the bottom to the top..actually you shouldn't be suprised since UND was at the bottom of the NCC in the mid to late 80's...then with some patience look what UND did from 1993 on. Sorry Johnny but UND doesn't have a history of being at the bottom. 2 losing seasons since the mid 1980's. BSC will be no picnic but we are NO UNC.

UND has matched NDSU's level 3 times since moving up to the FCS...We were ranked this year so that matched the level of the 2005 NDSU team. UND won a share of the GWFC title so that matched the level of the 2006 NDSU team. UND went 3-8 in 2010 so that matched the level of the 2009 NDSU team. So now we are at the level of the 2008 NDSU team....being playoff eligible and starting the season in an AQ conference.

I love how you compare us to Northern Colorado...UNC never won a conference title in the FCS. UND did. NDSU's prestige level?? What is that cockyness coming from? EWU won a national title then went to Vermillion and got their ass kicked. Who says that couldn't happen to NDSU. Just because you win a National Title doesn't mean you are untouchable the next season. If you think that you are stupid. Remember NDSU had a kick ass transition period then what did they do when they entered the MVFC...nothing the first two seasons. Well UND has built the team for the playoffs not for transition. You may think UND is nothing because we haven't beaten any FBS teams or have been ranked #1 during the season and did lose to a non DI team but you would be suprised how quick we can go from the bottom to the top..actually you shouldn't be suprised since UND was at the bottom of the NCC in the mid to late 80's...then with some patience look what UND did from 1993 on. Sorry Johnny but UND doesn't have a history of being at the bottom. 2 losing seasons since the mid 1980's. BSC will be no picnic but we are NO UNC.

Love that you think NDSU is the gold standard. Thanks

Just wondering if some Bison fans can enlighten us on what UND needs to do to "prove they are on NDSU's level?"

From Bison03 at BVille:

When UND either 1.) sells out home games on a regular basis, 2.) wins 10 games in a season vs DI competition 3 times, 3.) beats 15 ranked FCS teams, 4.) beats 5 FBS schools, or 5.) wins a national championship; then UND football can maybe claim they are on the same level as NDSU football. Even if they accomplished one of those things they might be a start. There.

PS I just checked gobison.com....they only did it (3 10 win seasons vs DI competition) twice, 2007 and 2011. Sorry boys 2006 a win was against...Corcordia -St. Paul they must be in the Big 10.

Found this one too about sellouts. This is what a "regular basis" is:

NDSU’s average home attendance in the Fargodome has grown from 11,567 in 2003 to a school record 18,143 achieved in 2011. There have been 10 sellouts over the past six seasons. Capacity is listed at 18,700. The Bison are 44-11 at home over the past nine years.

http://www.ndsufootballcamps.com/head-coach-craig-bohl.cfm

Just wondering if some Bison fans can enlighten us on what UND needs to do to "prove they are on NDSU's level?"

I'd say making the playoffs, winning playoff games. Knocking off Montana/Montana St.(both perhaps?) That seems reasonable.

Surprised Johnboy didn't add in that we have to beat the Gophers (who won't schedule us) as a fail-safe.

From Bison03 at BVille:

When UND either 1.) sells out home games on a regular basis, 2.) wins 10 games in a season vs DI competition 3 times, 3.) beats 15 ranked FCS teams, 4.) beats 5 FBS schools, or 5.) wins a national championship; then UND football can maybe claim they are on the same level as NDSU football. Even if they accomplished one of those things they might be a start. There.

Since we did go 3-8 last season this season we should be on pace with the 2010 NDSU team....Playoffs!!

We went 8-3 last season....

UND hasn't won a conference title in the FCS. Winning the Great West....hardly anything special. We thought it was a great thing too, Bison06 played on those teams I think, and is probably very proud of what they did, but using that as a barometer apparently doesn't really work, considering NDSU struggled in the first few seasons of MVFC play. It should also be noted, that those NDSU teams were exceptional and probably would have competed well in any conference in the FCS. That is where I am proud of those teams, not because they won a conference against other transitioning schools.

I never once said it couldn't happen to NDSU, the fact that it happened to EWU was rather strange. They nearly beat UW and then proceeded to fall off the map until later in the season once the schedule got a little bit more reasonable.

If UND really is a team built for the playoffs and is a team that won't take long to show that they are more along the lines of an NDSU rather than a UNC then why do you care if my scheduling philosophy is wait until you prove it? Surely that shouldn't be a major issue then to wait a couple of seasons before scheduling you guys?

And once again, pointing to Division II trends doesn't necessarily work. Just because UND's last 15 years of Division II (got extremely watered down towards the end) were successful doesn't mean it will be an excellent team/program. It worked for NDSU, it failed badly for UNC. Why do you automatically assume you are going to be some world-beater of a team when you have very little to go on? I happen to think UND will at some point be towards the top of the BSC. I think most people assumed Northern Colorado would though too.

Look at it this way, why would I want UND on my schedule right now, when A.) they looked bad against Drake, B.) they looked bad against Sioux Falls, C.) they got pounded into the ground by Idaho(awful FBS team), and D.) they nearly lost to Northern Colorado(winless in your new conference). I have said it once, I will say it again, show that you are worth giving up a home game for, and then we can talk about arranging something. I don't see what is unreasonable in that.

UND hasn't won a conference title in the FCS. Winning the Great West....hardly anything special. We thought it was a great thing too, Bison06 played on those teams I think, and is probably very proud of what they did, but using that as a barometer apparently doesn't really work, considering NDSU struggled in the first few seasons of MVFC play. It should also be noted, that those NDSU teams were exceptional and probably would have competed well in any conference in the FCS. That is where I am proud of those teams, not because they won a conference against other transitioning schools.

I never once said it couldn't happen to NDSU, the fact that it happened to EWU was rather strange. They nearly beat UW and then proceeded to fall off the map until later in the season once the schedule got a little bit more reasonable.

If UND really is a team built for the playoffs and is a team that won't take long to show that they are more along the lines of an NDSU rather than a UNC then why do you care if my scheduling philosophy is wait until you prove it? Surely that shouldn't be a major issue then to wait a couple of seasons before scheduling you guys?

And once again, pointing to Division II trends doesn't necessarily work. Just because UND's last 15 years of Division II (got extremely watered down towards the end) were successful doesn't mean it will be an excellent team/program. It worked for NDSU, it failed badly for UNC. Why do you automatically assume you are going to be some world-beater of a team when you have very little to go on? I happen to think UND will at some point be towards the top of the BSC. I think most people assumed Northern Colorado would though too.

Look at it this way, why would I want UND on my schedule right now, when A.) they looked bad against Drake, B.) they looked bad against Sioux Falls, C.) they got pounded into the ground by Idaho(awful FBS team), and D.) they nearly lost to Northern Colorado(winless in your new conference). I have said it once, I will say it again, show that you are worth giving up a home game for, and then we can talk about arranging something. I don't see what is unreasonable in that.

Have you been watching Back to the Future again....its not 2015 now is it??? That is 3 years from now. UND is NOT on NDSU's schedule this season, the season after that and the season after that. 2015 would see Joe Mollberg as a junior QB against NDSU and who ever their QB will be in 3 years. Jensen vs Hanson/Bradley (whoever wins the job) won't happen unless its the playoffs. Since you like to look at the 2011 season...NDSU's second good season since being a full DI member UND beat a ranked team (SUU) on the road, did go 5-1 vs FCS competition, beat another ranked team (USD) at home. How many teams almost beat NDSU? 4-7 SIU....9-3?? 9 points wow!! NDSU did lose at home to YSU (6-5). UND at least lost a home game to a conference winner. 2012 green vs gold game...3-0? If you think you are unstoppable and on a level with the Montana's and App St...you better hope your defense is flawless because you won't win games with a FG on the board.

So looked back at the schedule to see the last home and home the Bison scheduled with an OOC opponent. They hosted Sam Houston State in 2007 and went to Sam Houston State in 2009. I am just wondering if SHS "proved their were on NDSU's level" before they scheduled them. Lets just look at the Sam Houstons redord the 4 years previous to the 2007 game:

2006 6-5

2005 3-7

2004 11-3 - Conference Champs

2003 2-9

So that is a 22-24 record (48% winning percentage) with one conference title.

Now lets look at UND's 4 years playing FCS football:

2011 8-3 - Conference Champs

2010 3-8

2009 6-5

2008 6-4

So that is a 23-20 record (54% winning percentage) with one conference title

Looks like Sam Houston State was "worthy" enough to ""earn" a home and home with NDSU. By those standards, looks like UND is well deserving of a home and home....even more looking at the numbers!!!

• Upvote 1

So looked back at the schedule to see the last home and home the Bison scheduled with an OOC opponent. They hosted Sam Houston State in 2007 and went to Sam Houston State in 2009. I am just wondering if SHS "proved their were on NDSU's level" before they scheduled them. Lets just look at the Sam Houstons redord the 4 years previous to the 2007 game:

2006 6-5

2005 3-7

2004 11-3 - Conference Champs

2003 2-9

So that is a 22-24 record (48% winning percentage) with one conference title.

Now lets look at UND's 4 years playing FCS football:

2011 8-3 - Conference Champs

2010 3-8

2009 6-5

2008 6-4

So that is a 23-20 record (54% winning percentage) with one conference title

Looks like Sam Houston State was "worthy" enough to ""earn" a home and home with NDSU. By those standards, looks like UND is well deserving of a home and home....even more looking at the numbers!!!

But I am sure NDSU didn't need the money in 2009 therefore could allow its team to have a road OOC FCS game.

Have you been watching Back to the Future again....its not 2015 now is it??? That is 3 years from now. UND is NOT on NDSU's schedule this season, the season after that and the season after that. 2015 would see Joe Mollberg as a junior QB against NDSU and who ever their QB will be in 3 years. Jensen vs Hanson/Bradley (whoever wins the job) won't happen unless its the playoffs. Since you like to look at the 2011 season...NDSU's second good season since being a full DI member UND beat a ranked team (SUU) on the road, did go 5-1 vs FCS competition, beat another ranked team (USD) at home. How many teams almost beat NDSU? 4-7 SIU....9-3?? 9 points wow!! NDSU did lose at home to YSU (6-5). UND at least lost a home game to a conference winner. 2012 green vs gold game...3-0? If you think you are unstoppable and on a level with the Montana's and App St...you better hope your defense is flawless because you won't win games with a FG on the board.

I said prove you are a good team. And then we will put you on the schedule. You are speculating that UND is going to be good in 2015. I'd rather see UND be a high-quality opponent before we put you on the schedule.

You are seriously going to try and talk bad about the NDSU team that won all but one game? In one of the tougher conferences? Comparing them to the 2011 UND team is laughable. Yeah, NDSU beat SIU 9-3. SIU has a tough defense. Disappointed in the offense that game. YSU is a jekyl and hide team. We lost that game. They were better on that day. Guess what? We also dominated Lehigh and Georgia Southern. Beat JMU, and shut down SHSU. That is 3 of the best offenses in the nation. We also put up enough points on those games to win by 24, 28, 12, and 11 points. UND beat Cal-Davis 14-7 or something like that, how is that any different from winning 9-3? Spring Games are what they are....Spring Games.

So looked back at the schedule to see the last home and home the Bison scheduled with an OOC opponent. They hosted Sam Houston State in 2007 and went to Sam Houston State in 2009.

Scheduled them during our transition when we were doing whatever it took to get games. Played during the transition, and then once after. That was a different situation than the one we are facing right now.

But I am sure NDSU didn't need the money in 2009 therefore could allow its team to have a road OOC FCS game.

I haven't used money as a reason for NDSU not wanting to play. I have said in an earlier post that I trusted whoever did some math that it probably would amount to either a wash or a small loss/profit for NDSU. I have used one reason, and one reason only for the most part, accomplish some stuff in the Big Sky, and then I will be happy to hear NDSU agrees to a home-home.

Winning the Great West is "hardly anything special"? Tell that to the players from the bison team that won a title in that league that earned them RINGS, and gave them permission to enter the "champions room" or whatever its called at NDSU. The room that (previously) only national champions could enter. Your ignorant, fictional posts are at least consistent. Just wish you'd stick to one login so everything wouldn't have to be repeated. Your lack of awareness of the history of UND/NDSU is also comical when portraying yourself as an expert. 1992 was not the beginning of time.

I said prove you are a good team. And then we will put you on the schedule. You are speculating that UND is going to be good in 2015. I'd rather see UND be a high-quality opponent before we put you on the schedule.

You are seriously going to try and talk bad about the NDSU team that won all but one game? In one of the tougher conferences? Comparing them to the 2011 UND team is laughable. Yeah, NDSU beat SIU 9-3. SIU has a tough defense. Disappointed in the offense that game. YSU is a jekyl and hide team. We lost that game. They were better on that day. Guess what? We also dominated Lehigh and Georgia Southern. Beat JMU, and shut down SHSU. That is 3 of the best offenses in the nation. We also put up enough points on those games to win by 24, 28, 12, and 11 points. UND beat Cal-Davis 14-7 or something like that, how is that any different from winning 9-3? Spring Games are what they are....Spring Games.

Scheduled them during our transition when we were doing whatever it took to get games. Played during the transition, and then once after. That was a different situation than the one we are facing right now.

I haven't used money as a reason for NDSU not wanting to play. I have said in an earlier post that I trusted whoever did some math that it probably would amount to either a wash or a small loss/profit for NDSU. I have used one reason, and one reason only for the most part, accomplish some stuff in the Big Sky, and then I will be happy to hear NDSU agrees to a home-home.

Do you really thing that GT has the same standards for what OOC games NDSU schedules than you and other Bison fans do? I certainly hope not. Sure, your stock is pretty high right now. But remember, players come and go and a National Championship program can be a 3 win program in 2 seasons!!!

NDSU says they want to OOC home games and a road FBS game every year. Go ahead and be the arrogant team who won't go on the road to play any OOC FCS games. I don't think that they want the reputation of the new kid on the block team who thinks they are bigger than they really are who won't go on the road to play OOC games.

What's with this "we" crap? You are just a fan with too much time on his hands, nothing more.

Why is it arrogant to work towards a team's personal view of an ideal schedule? UND is doing the same thing.

I am open to doing the game as long as the terms are beneficial to both sides. Given the games are being talked about for 3 and 5 years from now, I think the timing is right. For the Bison fans that need UND to "prove" itself at the next level before we schedule a home and home, I have no doubt that will happen before 2015.

I am excited for these games and am looking forward to them.