SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2012

GeauxSioux

Facts for 2012 Frozen Four at St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa

Where: St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa

When: April 5 and 7, 2012

Tickets: $195 for three games: semifinals and final. Households may apply for up to four tickets. Applications are available through ncaa.com. Deadline is June 1. Applicants will be notified in August whether they will receive tickets.

Let's go SIOUX!!!

Horrible location.....glad that it got booed at the championship game. I wish they put the fricken thing in a hockey city every single year, or in a hockey facility every single year (yes, I'm looking at you Ford Field).

Why not Chicago? The Qwest Center in Omaha? New York? Newark? But of all places Tampa....... :glare:

If not those, jump back to Boston, Detroit (Joe Louis though), St. Louis, Buffalo, Columbus.

Horrible location.....glad that it got booed at the championship game. I wish they put the fricken thing in a hockey city every single year, or in a hockey facility every single year (yes, I'm looking at you Ford Field).

Why not Chicago? The Qwest Center in Omaha? New York? Newark? But of all places Tampa....... :glare:

If not those, jump back to Boston, Detroit (Joe Louis though), St. Louis, Buffalo, Columbus.

I am looking forward to Tampa! Nice arena, lots of activities and establishments in the area. Golf.....and I guess it doesn't hurt that my college friend has a place on the gulf!

I thought it was really funny to hear Florida get booed at the game when they announced the location. But I'm sure there will be enough fans making the trip that it will still be quite well attended.

It is pretty ridiculous that the "host" team is 650 miles north of the games they're hosting.

Hey, at least we won't have to see all those filthy "M"'s splattered all around the rink. :glare:

It is pretty ridiculous that the "host" team is 650 miles north of the games they're hosting.

Hey, at least we won't have to see all those filthy "M"'s splattered all around the rink. :glare:

Was wondering when someone would take a lame cheap shot like that. :silly::)

Anyways, it has happened before. Alaska Anchorage hosted once in California so it is not unprecedented. Odd and a lame attempt to extend the appeal of college hockey. But I'm sure it will still be well attended anyways.

What about holding it in the same location every year like the college world series? I would think the X should be a good place. Sioux fans traveled pretty well there and it will never draw a better crowd anywhere else. Plus many top notch teams are nearby.

Oh yeah, and that Frozen Four in Anaheim, ... did they draw 100 people for that? :(

Looks like it drew about 57k, which is way down from any other year. But still a decent draw. I'd expect Florida to be similar. Attendance will be okay as usual but certainly won't be setting any records.

Newark? That city makes downtown Kabul seem peaceful. People only drive in for the Devs' games, or to use the airport, and then drive (fast) back to East Orange or Jersey City. However, I do agree that a FF just seems out place in Tampa.

Looks like it drew about 57k, which is way down from any other year. But still a decent draw. I'd expect Florida to be similar. Attendance will be okay as usual but certainly won't be setting any records.

Well, the F4 at the X last week drew three crowds of 19000 each.

You do the math.

just no shows as tickets were still sold. no different then when they announce a croud of almost 12k at the ralph and there are about 2000 empty seats. tickets are still sold and money is made.

I think that's incorrect. The attendance is based on the number of scanned tickets. At least that is my understanding.

Nobody cares where I think the F4s should be held so I'm not not gonna get worked up about it. Tampa seems like a strange place to have it but I'll be there! I love having Friday to do what ever in a new place and will take full advantage in Tampa. I've never been to Florida and have never had the desire to go. The Frozen Four is taking me to places I would never have visited such as Detroit and now Tampa.

I put my name into the lottery for tickets. I have lots of family in Florida. I may actually make a real vacation out of the trip.

I thought I was putting my name in the lottery too, but it appears I either was accepted right away or somehow I just bought 4 tickets. :ohmy:

I thought I was putting my name in the lottery too, but it appears I either was accepted right away or somehow I just bought 4 tickets. :ohmy:

You essentially "buy" tickets when you put in for the lottery. The NCAA sits on everyone's money until around August, when they send out their acceptance/denial letters.

You essentially "buy" tickets when you put in for the lottery. The NCAA sits on everyone's money until around August, when they send out their acceptance/denial letters.

So the money for the 4 tickets I "bought" will be in their hands, even if I don't get picked in the lottery? Will my credit card be charged now? On my confirmation sheet, it did say "amount charged to your credit card".

So the money for the 4 tickets I "bought" will be in their hands, even if I don't get picked in the lottery? Will my credit card be charged now? On my confirmation sheet, it did say "amount charged to your credit card".

I believe that they hang onto it and collect your interest. If you are selected, tickets are paid, if not, they refund you.