SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2012

GeauxSioux

I believe that they hang onto it and collect your interest. If you are selected, tickets are paid, if not, they refund you.

They absolutely charge your credit card for the full amount and then sit on your money (and everyone else's that applied to the lottery) for 4-5 months at which time, if you are not chosen, they will refund your credit card.

They absolutely charge your credit card for the full amount and then sit on your money (and everyone else's that applied to the lottery) for 4-5 months at which time, if you are not chosen, they will refund your credit card.

it is refunded minus a handling or office charge or something like that.

My guess is they will be out this weekend. Have not heard of any price hikes so hoping everything will be the same.

When I went to the box office to get my Ice Breaker tickets, she told me there was NO increase in prices this year for season tickets.

I'm gonna date myself a bit here, but wasn't there a band (bar type of band) called Ice Breaker?

You essentially "buy" tickets when you put in for the lottery. The NCAA sits on everyone's money until around August, when they send out their acceptance/denial letters.

I wonder if the NC$$ is going to use the Sioux fans ticket money to pay their lawyers who are being paid to try take away our Fighting Sioux name and logo :angry:

Still in mourning here ........ wish the frozen four was starting tomorrow :sad:

I thought it was really funny to hear Florida get booed at the game when they announced the location. But I'm sure there will be enough fans making the trip that it will still be quite well attended.

why would anybody boo? how is attending the frozen four while spending a few early april days in tampa a bad thing?

why would anybody boo? how is attending the frozen four while spending a few early april days in tampa a bad thing?

I would guess because it isn't exactly a driveable destination for college fans, except for Huntsville I suppose. I have been to Tampa in early May, it was great. I might have to hit this one up.

I would guess because it isn't exactly a driveable destination for college fans, except for Huntsville I suppose. I have been to Tampa in early May, it was great. I might have to hit this one up.

That's probably part of it. And I wouldn't expect too many Huntsville fans to head to the game. I think part of it is they announced it to a mostly local crowd who would be unlikely to make it again next year. Plus Tampa doesn't exactly scream hockey city, even with their NHL team. I think because the fans see Tampa as a lame attempt to expand the appeal of college hockey. Nice idea, but it won't work unfortunately. :sad:

That's probably part of it. And I wouldn't expect too many Huntsville fans to head to the game. I think part of it is they announced it to a mostly local crowd who would be unlikely to make it again next year. Plus Tampa doesn't exactly scream hockey city, even with their NHL team. I think because the fans see Tampa as a lame attempt to expand the appeal of college hockey. Nice idea, but it won't work unfortunately. :sad:

Don't you mean the Big Ten Hockey Conference when you say this? :)

St Paul was my First Frozen Four and I have to say never again.

No drinks.

No fun music.

Long TV time outs.

What a drag. Final Five and The Ralph for me!

I am totally with you on how different the environment is at a Final Five vs the Frozen Four. I kept saying to my buddies, "ANOTHER TV TIMEOUT!?". Believe it or not, this year's Frozen Four was probably about as good as it will get for atmosphere, activities, etc.

That said, if the Sioux make it, I will try my best to make it, no matter where it is being held. If the Sioux were to win it all, I think it would change a lot of fans minds also.