SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Colorado College

wsdSIOUXfalls

Hrkac was ridiculous, it's too bad some of the younger people on here didn't see him play, he was so quick and agile he made everybody else look slow.

Tony Hrkac was at the game last night to see Trupps move first hand. He was pretty happy after the game, seeing the Sioux win.

Dont have the video, but it was a very questionable 5 min call IMO. A penalty sure, but boarding, the CC player clearly looked to me like he jumped into the boards and Nelsons shove didnt very powerful at all.

To be fair, it looked like a good call to me in real time. I was on the end that it happened and was fine with the call.

do they do a star of the game ?

I'd have to give it to Trupp

Superman Fatt's is expected to do what he does & he is SUPER

Dell's the coolest most total concentration goalie I've seen (maybe even compared to Eddie) Eddie was Intense - Dell is too - but in a cooler/calmer way

This whole team is the best I've seen (especially with Greg's & in there & Kristo back)

They young guys have grown so much in a season - like none I've seen & some unique quality players in their roles - anyone of which are capable of being unreal

This is Fighting Sioux Hockey at it finest

& the coaches have molded them to near perfection

PS ........I love a game where it's close & a battle - but I was plum wore out emotionaly after the game & that was from watching on TV :silly:

If I wasn't 12 hours away & skipping the final 5 to go to the Frozen Four - & had more PPL I'd drive down there right now

Dont have the video, but it was a very questionable 5 min call IMO. A penalty sure, but boarding, the CC player clearly looked to me like he jumped into the boards and Nelsons shove didnt very powerful at all.

It was a very slow motion, gentle check; neither player was doing more than slow coasting. However, it was from behind. I thought it was a 2-minute cross check.

it was a penalty

I agree that it was a penalty. Do not agree with the 5 minute major call. 2 minute cross checking or boarding call would have been fine. IMO Guentzel embellished the hit. The part that irritates me the most, is it was Don Adam that made the call! NOW he figues out what checking from behind is???

not a 5 and a game penalty, to me.

shoulda been two for boarding and two against CC for embellishment.

2 minute penalty for sure but always a tough call to make and who knows with don "i make sh$% up as i go" adam on the ice. he leaned forward though after the hit. very obvious after watching it this morning to embelish. right when he hits the ice he looks straight up at the ref for the call then looks back down at the ice. cc will be a tough out for a top seed if they sneak in. not much depth at all but the schwartz kids are damn good and after listening to coach owens presser after the game you have to have respect for that team and coach as he did nothing but complimenrt the sioux and especially the fans as he said the enviroment was just great

penalty for sure, he leaned forward though after the hit. very obvious after watching it this morning to embelish. right when he hits the ice he looks straight up at the ref for the call then looks back down at the ice. cc will be a tough out for a top seed if they sneak in. not much depth at all but the schwartz kids are damn good

Their first powerplay goal was sick...best puck movement on a pp that I've seen all year. THey will be a tough draw for BC (likely)

Their first powerplay goal was sick...best puck movement on a pp that I've seen all year. THey will be a tough draw for BC (likely)

the guys i was with in the suite said same thing. tip your cap and move on. hell of a play

I agree, Schlossman's description of that goal is off a bit. There was great puck movement to the guy at the top of the circle and he wired that slapper short-side corner. Beautiful. When UND took that penalty with just under 3 remaining I was a bit nervous.

I agree, Schlossman's description of that goal is off a bit. There was great puck movement to the guy at the top of the circle and he wired that slapper short-side corner. Beautiful. When UND took that penalty with just under 3 remaining I was a bit nervous.

It's been rare this year when the Sioux have been outtalented like CC did on a couple of those powerplay goals.