UMN in 2

CC in 3

Thurs F5: UNO beats CC / UMD beats UMN

Fri F5: UND beats UMD / UNO beats DU

Sat F5: UND beats UNO

Why? Because I said so. :)

You forgot to say why ;)

UND in 2--Just look at this weekend :lol:

Denver in 2--Denver might have stumbled a bit but they are too good to not sweep at home.

UNO in 3--Beavers have taken 7 of 8 points from UNO but I think UNO will get it done.

Duluth in 3--Duluth's first line has two big games to send the to the Final Five

Minnesota in 2--Minnesota is a on a roll and UAA is kind of screwed either way (flying back to AK or staying in MN for a week)

CC in 3--CC and Wisco split this weekend and CC will take them in a best of 3 series.

I know my picks have no upsets but I'd say St Cloud and Wisconsin have the best chances for upsets. I'm not gonna give any picks for the F5 because I never get them right.:D

I figured it is only fair to add my predictions so they can be ripped apart when I'm wrong

12. Michigan Tech at No. 1 UND

UND sweep: I think this weekend is a sign of things to come (although not as lopsided). UND's offensive power is too much for the hapless Huskies to handle.

11. MSU-Mankato at No. 2 Denver

DU sweep: Denver's firepower is too much to handle for the purple cows. Although Mankato's d-men are solid, Zucker, Shore, et al prove to be too much.

10. Bemidji State at No. 3 Nebraska-Omaha

UNO in 3: I think Bakala steals one but Blais is too good of a coach to let his boys come up short. (If Matt Read isn't able to go, UNO sweeps)

9. St. Cloud State at No. 4 Minnesota-Duluth

SCSU in 3: Although UMD should win this series, the Clowns are playing some good hockey right now. I think the king of flops shows his veteran leadership and finds a way to lead his team to the Final Five. The World Juniors Mike Lee shows up and has a great series.

8. Alaska Anchorage at No. 5 Minnesota

UM sweep: As much as this pains me to say, the Goofs are streaking at the right time. If Patterson shows up, I see no reason why they don't sweep.

7. Wisconsin at No. 6 Colorado College

Bucky in 3: A split this weekend is probably indicative of what's to come. CC can't close the deal and comes up short

UND in 2: Anything else is a disappointment.

Denver in 3: MSUM can play a game here or there pretty tough, and Denver has struggled on Friday's especially.

UNO in 2: Blais will have his boys ready, it's playoff time. BSU just doesn't have the personnel.

UMD in 3: St. Cloud is good enough to win this, but the top line of UMD is too strong for the weakest part of SCSU's game...their defense.

UM in 3: UAA will come in with the mindset of knocking off the big name Gophers. Minnesota has had it's share of troubles in the first round, but are just too good to not move on.

CC in 3: It's CC's turn to host, which will make life a bit more difficult for Wisconsin. The teams are pretty evenly matched, but CC comes up big at home to prevail.

No upsets on my board, although I really wanted to sneak one in. Watch out for Mankato against Denver, I think they have a legitimate chance to make things interesting against Denver. They will play a stout D and try and shut down Denver where they can, and in turn, try to score enough goals to actually beat Denver.

Does anybody know if there is true bracketing at the new Final Five setup?

Would UND at #1 be locked into playing the winner of the #4 & #5 game or would they play the worst team left if #6 would beat #3 in the quarters?

Does anybody know if there is true bracketing at the new Final Five setup?

Would UND at #1 be locked into playing the winner of the #4 & #5 game or would they play the worst team left if #6 would beat #3 in the quarters?

No reseeding, brackets are set. What's confusing is Woog and the MN announcers kept repeating the Gophers wanted to finish 5th and not 6th, because then they would avoid the Sioux in the Friday game (if MN won Thursday, also assuming all home teams won next weekend). I don't think they were right.

What are your predictions, and why?

I like all the home teams to advance....everyone sweeps except UMD and CC. If I had to call an upset it would be the Clowns over the Dogs...but not going to happen.

~Sioux in two. UND could sit the pony express and still probably win the series. Tech with just too many injuries this year.

~Denver in two. Mankato is reeling. Phil Cook will have to play out of his mind to make it a three game series.

~UNO in two. A lot depends on if Matt Read plays. If he plays, UNO in three.

~SCSU in three. Really the only upset that I'm picking in this one. Mike Lee has been playing tremendously, and the Dogs aren't great at their new rink yet.

~Minnesota in two. Would have loved to see Gophs vs. SCSU-Bucky, but the gophers final five trip is now punched.

~CC in three. They outshot the badgers twice at the Kohl center. Probably the biggest toss up, but I'll pick CC.

No reseeding, brackets are set. What's confusing is Woog and the MN announcers kept repeating the Gophers wanted to finish 5th and not 6th, because then they would avoid the Sioux in the Friday game (if MN won Thursday, also assuming all home teams won next weekend). I don't think they were right.

Assuming all the home teams won it would be UMD v UM with the winner playing UND and UNO v CC with the winner playing DU I believe.

9. St. Cloud State at No. 4 Minnesota-Duluth ---SCSU in 3: Although UMD should win this series, the Clowns are playing some good hockey right now. I think the king of flops shows his veteran leadership and finds a way to lead his team to the Final Five. The World Juniors Mike Lee shows up and has a great series.

I don't see UMD getting out of this series... Just a hunch..

Assuming all the home teams won it would be UMD v UM with the winner playing UND and UNO v CC with the winner playing DU I believe.

I think the only way the Gophers avoid the Sioux is if they don't make the Final Five, and or a lessor seed gets into the Final Five... Which could happen with SCSU... I think the Gophers are going to have to go through UAA then UND to make the NCAA tourney.... They could be pretty beat up by then... :)

Good call Goon. To make the NCAA tournament the Gophs will need two wins against Anchorage, a win against Duluth, CC or Bucky, a win over the Sioux, and a win against UNO or Denver.

The Breakdown.....Gophs must:

~Beat Anchorage twice

~Beat Duluth, CC, or Bucky

~Beat a rested North Dakota team

~Beat UNO or Denver

If the gophers make the tournament they will deserve too after that breakdown.

UND in 2- Too much speed and skill for Tech.

Denver in 3- Mankato will make it tough on Denver, but just not enough to win the series.

BSU in 3- Was at Saturdays BSU-Gophs and Bakala can steal BSU a few games, If Matt Read doesn't play UNO in 3.

SCSU in 3- Mike Lee will play great for SCSU and Roe will lead the offense to get by UMD.

MINN in 2- Gophers look to be playin their best hockey of the year the past few weeks. Not sure if their two players that got injured will play, walked by them at the game last night and Mattson was limping pretty good and heard Ness may have broke a few ribs.

CC in 3- Like CC at being at home and like their goaltending a little more than Wisco.

Good call Goon. To make the NCAA tournament the Gophs will need two wins against Anchorage, a win against Duluth, CC or Bucky, a win over the Sioux, and a win against UNO or Denver.

~Beat Anchorage twice

~Beat UNO or Denver

Agreed.

And then (since the highest that they could climb might be the #14 or #15 spot in the PWR), they would face off against BC in the 1st NCAA game (using the current PWR).

Ouch.

Agreed.

And then (since the highest that they could climb might be the #14 or #15 spot in the PWR), they would face off against BC in the 1st NCAA game (using the current PWR).

Ouch.

Positive Rep! :lol:

I would love a BC vs. U of M first round game if the gophers made it. You couldn't be upset with either result.

Is this true that they wanted that seed to avoid playing us? ifso bring them on and we can possibly end their season two years in a row. and if they are in our bracket that puts an end to all speculation about playing the friday night game or not.

~Beat Anchorage twice

~Beat UNO or Denver

That's a pretty tall order in my opinion...

Is this true that they wanted that seed to avoid playing us? ifso bring them on and we can possibly end their season two years in a row. and if they are in our bracket that puts an end to all speculation about playing the friday night game or not.

It was repeated multiple times by the Gopher broadcasters + Woog between periods on both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend. It would appear, however, that finishing 5th was not the way to do it as they said.

UND in two...simply better at every position and in every aspect of the game

Denver in three...MSU will win one, but in the end DU is just better. All games are close.

UNO in three...Matt Read may or may not be on the bench; Dean Blais will be

SCSU in three over UMD...Huskies are looking good as the season winds down, tUMD is looking the opposite...these are not your November Bulldogs...

Minnesota in three over Alaska...The Gophers post season hopes lie on the back of Kent Patterson. An already weak Gopher d-corps might've lost Ness

CC in three over Bucky...Home ice tips the scales in CC's favor...

So, I predict all series go 3 with the exception of UND v Tech

It was repeated multiple times by the Gopher broadcasters + Woog between periods on both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend. It would appear, however, that finishing 5th was not the way to do it as they said.

According to this bracket :http://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/confinfo.php?d=bracket&c=6

the Gophers would play the winner of SCSU and UMD on Thursday at the Final Five. Then we would play the winner of that game. Sounds like a Friday night game either way for us. Of course, the bottom of this bracket also says teams are reseeded for the Final Five?

According to this bracket :http://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/confinfo.php?d=bracket&c=6

the Gophers would play the winner of SCSU and UMD on Thursday at the Final Five. Then we would play the winner of that game. Sounds like a Friday night game either way for us. Of course, the bottom of this bracket also says teams are reseeded for the Final Five?

Yep. Teams are not reseeded at the final five, but before then they will be seeded based on winners points. Teams 1-8 have a possibility of getting a bye in the Final Five (A lot of crazy stuff would have to happen). If you are seeds 9-12 there is no way you will get a bye if you make the final five.

Hmm... Gopher broadcasters spouting misinformation...another deja vu moment.