SiouxSports.com Forum

FRATTIN 4 HOBEY

AZSIOUX

So, Atkinson and Miele are off with their respective pro teams now...neither will likely be at the Hobey Ceremony as a result...the plot thickens...

Wouldn't Miele wait for the Hobey award in order to better his negotiating position? He was a free agent after all...again, one could prognosticate and infer and deduce and induce many thoughts from these related facts.

Have they told the boys who has won it already? It would be pretty lame to have an announcement ceremony without the winner present.

So, Atkinson and Miele are off with their respective pro teams now...neither will likely be at the Hobey Ceremony as a result...the plot thickens...

Wouldn't Miele wait for the Hobey award in order to better his negotiating position? He was a free agent after all...again, one could prognosticate and infer and deduce and induce many thoughts from these related facts.

Have they told the boys who has won it already? It would be pretty lame to have an announcement ceremony without the winner present.

I believe that the school may be notified ahead of time but I don't know how much ahead of time. Apparently, the UND band was told to be at the arena for the Hobey announcement when Ryan was the winner. Damn, I didn't buy tickets for this. Are they still available?

Not much on conspiracy theories .....cept for that Bigfoot thing ....that's real as rain.

Don't you think that both meile and artkinson would just maybe fly up for the Friday evening event and then rejoin their teams on Saturday, doesnt seem too out of the realm of possibilities.

I believe that the school may be notified ahead of time but I don't know how much ahead of time. Apparently, the UND band was told to be at the arena for the Hobey announcement when Ryan was the winner. Damn, I didn't buy tickets for this. Are they still available?

Tickets are still available. I bet a lot of people will just buy them when they get to town or at the door on Friday.

I'd be willing to bet none of the finalists know who won it.

And it's not uncommon for some finalists to have already signed. I'm sure they will be granted a release to attend the ceremony. Bobby Butler signed last year and he was at the awards ceremony. It's not rocket science here. All 3 finalists will be at the awards ceremony in St Paul. Bank it.

Not much on conspiracy theories .....cept for that Bigfoot thing ....that's real as rain.

Don't you think that both meile and artkinson would just maybe fly up for the Friday evening event and then rejoin their teams on Saturday, doesnt seem too out of the realm of possibilities.

could, but seems like unnecessary extra travel...

Conspiracy theories? Conjecture is not conspiracy theorizing.

Conspiracy theory - - belief that a particular event is the result of a secret plot rather than the actions of an individual person or chance

Conjecture - - the formation of judgments or opinions on the basis of incomplete or inconclusive information

As far as the Bigfoot thing goes, I am a believer. I saw many of his/her offspring in Alaska; walking around like 'normal' folk!!

Re the Star Tribune article, it tells the story that we're all familiar with. Its well written, and has a couple quotes from Frattin's dad that I hadn't seen before.

Overall, it was a favorable article, and fair if not tilted toward painting a positive portrait of Matt. The writer did not go on about the past, but focused on the change in Matt, and on the kind of person he's become.

It doesn't get any fairer than that.

Re the Star Tribune article, it tells the story that we're all familiar with. Its well written, and has a couple quotes from Frattin's dad that I hadn't seen before.

Overall, it was a favorable article, and fair if not tilted toward painting a positive portrait of Matt. The writer did not go on about the past, but focused on the change in Matt, and on the kind of person he's become.

It doesn't get any fairer than that.

For those of you who can't get to the Star Tribune article, I found this reprint on another paper's site:

Sacramento Bee - Frattin Article

"Fighting Sioux head coach Scott Sandelin"? Huh? How long have I been asleep?

:lol: I guess fact checking isn't his strong point. He also said that Evan Trupp pulled off his stick-handling move in the Final Five title game as opposed to the semi-final against CC.

Oh well. At least college hockey is getting a little exposure to a mostly pro-hockey crowd.

yes we were.

Were the other candidate's school bands' there? Do we know if our band has been asked to be there this year?

This year the band will be there Friday only if when we win on Thursday. If we lose Thursday, the band is heading back to Grand Forks Friday morning.

This year the band will be there Friday only if when we win on Thursday. If we lose Thursday, the band is heading back to Grand Forks Friday morning.

No plans for the band to definitely be there Friday. :sad:

BUT, we're going to win Thursday, so they will be there Friday. :D

What does this all mean? :unsure:

We won't know who wins the Hobey until it's announced on Friday. :crazy:

Has anyone seen Miele's highlight video. Not super impressive, except for this one goal he scores on his knees, check it out. Looks like the Ovechkin goal a couple years ago.

He's not the best skater in the world, I'd be surprised if he has a better career than either Frattin or Atkinson.

No plans for the band to definitely be there Friday. :sad:

BUT, we're going to win Thursday, so they will be there Friday. :D

What does this all mean? :unsure:

We won't know who wins the Hobey until it's announced on Friday. :crazy:

I don't think the band being there has anything to do with who wins Hobey. That's would be too easy. I mean.... what if hypothetically no Hobey candidates' teams were in the Frozen Four? None of their schools' bands would be there. I think they just pick a band out of the ones that are there and tell them to come.