SiouxSports.com Forum

Denver makes ESPN top 10 plays

gfhockey

wasn't Bina's from around the back of the face off circle - so this was longer

looked as tho the goalie was going back & forth like they do to clear in front of the net or to stay focused / keep head in the game - so much for that :silly:

wasn't Bina's from around the back of the face off circle - so this was longer

looked as tho the goalie was going back & forth like they do to clear in front of the net or to stay focused / keep head in the game - so much for that :silly:

Bina's was from just in front of the goal line to the other side of the arena....but from what I heard, this one was 190 feet and Bina's was only 180.

Different type of shot, for sure. The Denver shot was a harder shot, where Bina's was a lobbing bouncer.

I think the MTU one is worse.

Bina's shot, as you say, was a bouncer. It took a wacky bounce and a fluke happened.

Genoe was off in lalaland and it shot in under his right pad. He was just out to lunch on this one. The puck wasn't bouncing at all. This should have been a REALLY easy save.

I think the MTU one is worse.

Bina's shot, as you say, was a bouncer. It took a wacky bounce and a fluke happened.

Genoe was off in lalaland and it shot in under his right pad. He was just out to lunch on this one. The puck wasn't bouncing at all. This should have been a REALLY easy save.

Yeah, no bounces at all on this one. Looked to me like he had a rough time picking up the puck. Funny how this play leads to Denver getting the two goal lead and winning the hockey game, instead of Tech possibly tying the game on the power play.

This play basically decided the game.

At least on Bina's goal, Frazee actually attempted to make a save...(either that or he blacked out) :)

This goal, it appears the Tech goalie was doing a little "house cleaning" in the crease area and stretching out and then all of a sudden he felt a whoosh as the puck whizzed by... no matter, it was still an incredible play...I wonder if the Tech forward skated over to the bench and apologized for losing the faceoff... :) (ala Troy Murray against the Badgers in the early 80's when Chelios made a similar shot on Jon Casey?)

Different type of shot, for sure. The Denver shot was a harder shot, where Bina's was a lobbing bouncer.

If you watch the one angle of the replay, you can see Makowski flip the puck quite high in the air to get it out of the zone and when it hits the ice, it almost seems as if it changes direction. Genoe does appear to be sliding to his left to try to stop it. Not sure at what point he was even able to see it prior to it hitting the ice in front of him?

If you watch the one angle of the replay, you can see Makowski flip the puck quite high in the air to get it out of the zone and when it hits the ice, it almost seems as if it changes direction. Genoe does appear to be sliding to his left to try to stop it. Not sure at what point he was even able to see it prior to it hitting the ice in front of him?

I wonder if having the puck go high in the air, and having to deal with the lights and darkness of the rafters played a roll. Or perhaps Genoe was just in lala land.