SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNO

AZSIOUX

I agree with Goon that these will be a couple of hard fought games. Obviously UNO has the ability to play a very tough game as their early season record showed. They may be struggling but that doesn't mean they will struggle this weekend. This should be a big weekend for them, coming to ND for the first time. They are going to want to show they are not intimidated. And you can bet Blais is preparing them so they aren't all wide eyed at seeing the Ralph.

I think the Sioux should take them both but I don't think they will be easy games. At least not both.

I also think UND is the better of the two teams and UND out played them in Omaha and won on the last second of the game. Also, one of their best players is hurt but I wouldn't be surprised if we split with them. I do think we need to sweep them though.

I see a lot of people taking the "safe" option and looking for a split this weekend. Omaha plays a good game and Dean is a great coach.

But this is OUR ice.

Stick salute's start NOW!

GO SIOUX!!

This is the attitude the team has to adopt.

Well put.

Blais isn't expecting a warm UND welcome this time

"I left the University of North Dakota on great terms, going to work in the National Hockey League," Blais said Tuesday prior to the Mavs' practice. "And obviously last year, coaching for my country, that's a compliment for what we accomplished at North Dakota, too.

"But now, coming back to Grand Forks as UNO's coach -- trying to take away their points and beat their Fighting Sioux -- there's going to be no love for me up there at all."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110118/MAVS01/110119630/-1#blais-isn-t-expecting-a-warm-und-welcome-this-time

a bit off topic, but i have a question:

Do the Sioux shoot twice toward sections 112 and 113?

Also, Lammy has been a bit flat lately offensively, but man is he a force on the PK. He and Trupp are awesome on the pk.

I am looking forward to the next game that Davidson plays in because I think we will dominate in it.

He tips the edge for us on puck possession giving us four lines of physical superiority, and that is just to much for any team to manage,

I think Blais is wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a standing O from the crowd pre-game on Friday. I hope he does, anyway. And then the fans can treat him like just another Gwoz or Lucia. :lol:

not from me this time around, he got one with the world junior team last year. this time he is with the enemy per his own choosing.

Trupp has been awesome this homestand. I can't believe how fearless he is for a guy his size to play along the boards.

I have really enjoyed watching him play his four years here... Trupp maybe smal but he has heart and he is pretty tough for a guy his size.

Trupp has been awesome this homestand. I can't believe how fearless he is for a guy his size to play along the boards.

Yes, he was. And what has also been obvious is there is no one UND has played so far that can match up physically with Malone or Frattin. Been a long time since UND has had 2 skilled forward that also absolutely dominate physically.

This line will be the line that carries this team from here on out IMO. They are a complete physical mismatch for any other line I've seen so far in college hockey this year.

I'd like to echo what a few here have already said.. the fans in Omaha were awesome all of them were friendly and walking out of the rink a few thanked us for coming to town. Definately a road trip that I would like to make again in the future.

Sioux Sweep 6-2 4-1 (All goals from Frattin) ;)

How long does is take to drive from GF to Omaha?

I have really enjoyed watching him play his four years here... Trupp maybe smal but he has heart and he is pretty tough for a guy his size.

OK. Here's a reach, but a fun one. Trupp is the spawn of Darcy Zajac and Rasty Spirko. As proof, he's got Sparky's size and offensive upside along with Zajac's grittiness and PK ability.

Really. I read about it in the Nat Inquirer while I was in line at the grocery store . . .

Blais will get plenty of love this weekend. He is still the revered coach that took the team to two national championships.

Three Scenerios: And the reaction that we'll see with each

~Mavs Sweep: BLAIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME COACH!!!! WE WANT HIM BACK!

~Split: Blais doesn't get swept on the road, he's too good of a coach!

~Sioux Sweep: Blais is doing good things in Omaha, they aren't where we at yet, but we wish them well because the sioux go their four points!

• Upvote 1

Blais will get plenty of love this weekend. He is still the revered coach that took the team to two national championships.

Three Scenerios: And the reaction that we'll see with each

~Mavs Sweep: BLAIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME COACH!!!! WE WANT HIM BACK!

~Split: Blais doesn't get swept on the road, he's too good of a coach!

~Sioux Sweep: Blais is doing good things in Omaha, they aren't where we at yet, but we wish them well because the sioux go their four points!

You forgot the "what if" either team was to give up a 2 goal lead.