SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Robert Morris - Friday

AZSIOUX

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news, hopefully Gregoire can get back in the lineup soon.

I see the game is on Directv 617 tonight...they don't show anything for tomorrow(Saturday) night though. Anyone know if it's on Directv tomorrow?

Replay on NHL 11:00 am Saturday! :D

Nice game for the Sioux. I love how we showed up hungry (even if it was against a "lesser" opponent). UofMN is completely different the last couple years, losing against definitely less talented teams. Lets keep up the intensity!

Had to love Tim Hennessy's comments after his pre-game interview with RMU coach Derek Schooley... Schooley told him that he called coach Serratore at Bemidji for advice before the trip to North Dakota..I was laughing pretty hard (as was Tim H.), but It went something like this....

Schooley: Can you tell me what to expect this weekend at North Dakota?

Serratore: Expect to get your ass kicked.

:lol::lol::lol:

Gotta say that Frattin and Trupp goals were amazing. Trupp's stop and feed to Frattin in the slot was perfect. Kristos feed to Malone and Malone's awareness to feed it to Trupp was awesome. I would say 95% of players in the slot would try and backhand that shot in, instead Malone knew where Trupp would be and feed him for the great play.

Few observations from being at the game:

1) No student section and a poor quality opponent=no energy in the Ralph. But kind of figured that would be the case.

2) McWilliams is quietly developing into our best defensive D-man...he was great last night.

3) With the woodshed beating taking place, was impressed with Dell's focus and concentration. That's what seperates him from BE.

4) Even though Kristo isn't scoring, his overall game just continues to get better IMO.

5) Hexy's shorty was a snipe, but him being on the ice make everyone he plays with better.

1) No student section and a poor quality opponent=no energy in the Ralph. But kind of figured that would be the case.

2) McWilliams is quietly developing into our best defensive D-man...he was great last night.

3) With the woodshed beating taking place, was impressed with Dell's focus and concentration. That's what seperates him from BE.

4) Even though Kristo isn't scoring, his overall game just continues to get better IMO.

5) Hexy's shorty was a snipe, but him being on the ice make everyone he plays with better.

One other thing of importance on Hextall's shorthander that is not to be overlooked: MacWilliam blocked four shots in about a 20-25 second span right before the shorty. Two of which he took in areas of the the body where it was puck on meat. And then to get an assist on the goal.............that's just top notch!

4) Even though Kristo isn't scoring, his overall game just continues to get better IMO.5) Hexy's shorty was a snipe, but him being on the ice make everyone he plays with better.

He's playing extremely well. When he makes the good last decision, he can disrupt a defense a little bit like P Kane can. It's that finishing shot/pass that has sometimes not worked for him.

Eidsness would have played well against RM too (and will probably tonight), but I don't think he would have gotten the shutout. Pure speculation, of course, but I think you are right that Dell's focus and concentration is the difference. Those two saves on Longpre's breakaway were really nice.

Our local media kinda of pumped up RMU and I was a little disappointed in their play. I thought they would at least give us a good game. The U18 team played better then they did. Hopefully tonight they will at least compete with us for a bit.

I think the Bob will at least give us a game of it tonight. I was at the game Friday and it didn't look like they were outclassed as much as it was a complete and total dominating effort by the Sioux (kinda how we buzz against the Gophs) and a lack of familiarity with the physicality of WCHA hockey and how to deal with it on the part of the Colonials. I saw flashes of talent from the Colonials. We'll see what happens tonight, but It won't be as easy IMHO. That said ....Go Sioux!

I remember a couple of years ago when Cornell came to the Ralph we dismantled them on Friday by several goals and then got outplayed and beat on Saturday. I don't see this happening tonight but I hope they didn't celebrate the sweep last night! This team really seems focused and is building week by week.