SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Football Schedules 2011-2015

ShilohSioux

Well, that looks pretty awesome!

Getting the Griz in the Alerus for 3 straight years is fantastic. And since they're not one of our "rivals", the fact that we'll play them 4 straight years is major bonus............

One flaw that I see that I don't really like is that on all these schedule drafts, we play both of our rivals (Montana St. & Northern Colorado) at the same location each season meaning we travel to both one year, then host both the next year. So at some point in time after the 2015 season, we will probably not have any of MSU, UNC, or UM in the Alerus in a given season. Weber St., Northern Colorado, and Portland St. have the same scenarios. You'd think they could have done something to avoid that................

To think that not long ago I was feeling desperate that we we were not going to find a conference for our sports teams and not only did we find a conference but we were able to get in the best conference possible. This is to good to be true. I would asume that the athletic department is absolutely thrilled. Season ticket holders might want to start planning for the future to secure there spots for when we enter the Big Sky. I can't wait.

I'll complain about something. Based on the schedules from fightingsioux.com, why the eff are we playing SD school of Mines to open 2012 and Valpo to open 2013 and not NDSU. I dont care who is to blame, blah blah blah. Get it done.

There is absolutely zero reason that Colorado/Colorado State model cannot be implemented in ND.

Edited by PhillySioux
  • Upvote 3

I'll complain about something. Based on the schedules from fightingsioux.com, why the eff are we playing SD school of Mines to open 2012 and Valpo to open 2013 and not NDSU. I dont care who is to blame, blah blah blah. Get it done.

There is absolutely zero reason that Colorado/Colorado State model cannot be implemented in ND.

Hadn't noticed that yet..........

Most should be happy to see Valparaiso and Robert Morris. They are afterall DI programs not NAIA transitionals..........

I see Wyoming has been added for 2015.

Hmmm..........funny they don't have the 2013 non-conference game with UM listed anymore........especially when it was specifically mentioned in the Big Sky press release. :ohmy:

Hadn't noticed that yet..........

Most should be happy to see Valparaiso and Robert Morris. They are afterall DI programs not NAIA transitionals..........I see Wyoming has been added for 2015.

Hmmm..........funny they don't have the 2013 non-conference game with UM listed anymore........especially when it was specifically mentioned in the Big Sky press release. :ohmy:

Not necessarily an upgrade in talent, but an upgrade to DI status which counts towards total wins for playoff eligibility which is at least an upgrade.

It's too bad if the Montana game isn't being played in 2013...

Where is Ole in MSP to complain? ;)

Just saw this on the site at 2:45 CDT. Great news! Cannot complain about this at all. Fit a FBS game in once a year (or the Bison) and I am happy. Funny, I was on the Big Sky website just this morning looking for info (nothing on UND or FB at all then) and this happens 3 hours later. Amazing! Probably going to pick up some frequent flier miles out west. Now we only have to suffer thru 2011's schedule. Where do you guys find the Wyoming, Bob Morris, and Valpo games listed, Wiki? PS Glad I am so popular!

Just saw this on the site at 2:45 CDT. Great news! Cannot complain about this at all. Fit a FBS game in once a year (or the Bison) and I am happy. Funny, I was on the Big Sky website just this morning looking for info (nothing on UND or FB at all then) and this happens 3 hours later. Amazing! Probably going to pick up some frequent flier miles out west. Now we only have to suffer thru 2011's schedule. Where do you guys find the Wyoming, Bob Morris, and Valpo games listed, Wiki? PS Glad I am so popular!

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205144141

Scroll to the bottom of the article and you will see it...

So they come to Alerus 3 times be before we go to Missoula.

Well that is good news, maybe if I'm lucky a couple of them will be hockey/football weekends and I can kill 3 birds with 1 stone (my 2 football teams and hockey team).

New schedules look great, if the fans aren't excited about that they should check if they have a pulse.

Now that the Big Sky schedules seems settled, what does everyone think the chances of getting NDSU back on a home and home schedule are (I know...nobody cares, we don't need them, yada yada yada)? I know there's a lot of hard feelings both ways but I would like to see that resume, I can't imagine my Griz not playing the Bobcats anymore...that would be really wrong.

Well that is good news, maybe if I'm lucky a couple of them will be hockey/football weekends and I can kill 3 birds with 1 stone (my 2 football teams and hockey team).

New schedules look great, if the fans aren't excited about that they should check if they have a pulse.

Now that the Big Sky schedules seems settled, what does everyone think the chances of getting NDSU back on a home and home schedule are (I know...nobody cares, we don't need them, yada yada yada)? I know there's a lot of hard feelings both ways but I would like to see that resume, I can't imagine my Griz not playing the Bobcats anymore...that would be really wrong.

With the 12 game schedules coming up (2013, and I think 2014?) UND should look at that option for a home and home with the Bison.

Edit: 12 game season is 2013, 2014, and 2019.

I know what I'm about to say won't be popular but I'm not sure I want UND to be associated with NDSU. It's time to move on to bigger and better things and it's hard to do that with your little sister holding onto your coat tails. I realize that at one time NDSU was our biggest rival but it's time to look toward a bisonless future and build rivalries with larger schools from different states. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

That is an FBS model, it is based on a 12 game schedule. It isn't that easy in the FCS.

NDSU wants to play an FBS every year, if we play UND ever year that means one year we end up with just five home games. Now that both schools have eight conference games I think Taylor's every other year idea is looking ideal, or at least it should be tried for a few years.

That is an FBS model,it is based on a 12 game schedule. It isn't that easy.

NDSU wants to play an FBS every year, if we play UND ever year that means one year we end up with just five home games. Now that both schools have eight conference games I think Taylor's every other year idea is looking ideal, or at least it should be tried for a few years.

That wouldn't be a bad deal either, every other year is better than zilch.

I know what I'm about to say won't be popular but I'm not sure I want UND to be associated with NDSU. It's time to move on to bigger and better things and it's hard to do that with your little sister holding onto your coat tails. I realize that at one time NDSU was our biggest rival but it's time to look toward a bisonless future and build rivalries with larger schools from different states. Just my opinion.

Just out of curiosity...Were you born or raised in North Dakota?