SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Football Schedules 2011-2015

ShilohSioux

Grizz Fan posted this in yesterday's Live Chat....

Saw the next four years of Big Sky football schedule. Pretty sure UND gets home/home with Montana, Montana State and Northern Colorado. Sioux fans should get excited.

If true, that would be great. If that doesn't increase the attendance, nothing will.

Fighting Sioux athletics is looking better every day.

If true, that would be great. If that doesn't increase the attendance, nothing will.

That is great news. It will definitely increase attendance!

According to the Big Sky on facebook, they're releasing the conference schedules for 2012 - 2015 "in a little bit". Not sure if that means a couple hours or a couple days.....

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bigskyconf

North Dakota's rivals will be Northern Colorado and Montana State. :D

Big Sky Schedules

UND gets Montana at home twice before going back to WaGriz! That's a pretty good first year schedule. Home with Montana, Cal Poly, Northern Arizona and SUU, and on the road with EWU, Montana St, UNC and Sac St. I'll take it!

Like this too:

Although teams will play just eight conference games, Big Sky schools will also have the option to schedule league members in non-conference games. For example, Montana and North Dakota were already scheduled to play a non-conference game in 2013 in Grand Forks. That will remain a non-conference game.

I think they have made an error on the 2013 schedule. If our game with Montana is to remain a non-conference game (I don't know why they would need to do that), then we should have eight other conference games on the schedule. Right?

Montana is not on the conference schedule for 2013. Only for 2012, 2014 and 2015.

Not that I'm complaining, but why isn't Montana listed as one of our rivals?

Every school in the conference wanted Montana as a rival, as their fans pack stadiums. EWU basically gets its lone sellout when they play Montana, and EWU wasn't going to lose that game every other year.

The schools that "suffer" the most are Weber St and Idaho State, as neither gets either Montana as a rival. Idaho State had to have been lobbying hard for Montana State, and instead gets Portland State.

Let's just hope that our football fan base will hang in there for one more year. Be patient for one more year. The Blue Sky's are about to open. Or should I say the Big Sky's are about to open. It is really going to be exciting.