SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ MSU - Sunday edition

AZSIOUX

Great win for the Sioux. Had to play gritty and finish. MacWilliam with a great save, and Chay with a gritty pk finish in the 3rd after getting drilled by the puck.

Looking forward to hearing the goofy/dawg score...

Great weekend for the Fighting Sioux!

Now let's get healthy and go on a second-half tear!

Edit: Duluth and UM tie. Duluth comes away from The John with 1 point.

:silly:

Nice sweep - these are the exact kind of games we need to win. Hopefully we can rest and heal up over the break and come back ready for #8. I'm so glad that this team is learning how to win early. I'd still like to see Eidsness - I think we'll need two goalies down the stretch

Cheesemover wanted me to let Sioux fans know, Sensors in Bloomington will be showing the webcast today. Bloomington only.

Thanks for the heads up. I was in the cities for work tonight and I really enjoyed it and met a couple of great people. Sioux W always makes it better, along with the flying buffalo chicken sandwich that was awesome!

Go Sioux!!

:lol:

I'm not blaming Dell, that was the point of my last comment , is that the guys in front of Dell need to tighten it up on the D side.

There were way too many turn overs by the Sioux this past weekend. That is a problem that concerns me the most.

There were way too many turn overs by the Sioux this past weekend. That is a problem that concerns me the most.

Agree, and we rarely attacked the offensive zone with numbers and speed...the few times we did we got decent scoring chances.

I keep thinking about the fact that we found a way to sweep on the road without two first line forwards...you take two top end forwards off most teams in this league and they don't go and sweep MSU on the road.

We finish the first half in first in the WCHA by two points, we have the top goal scorer in the nation. I can live with our start :D

We also have the most wins in the country having played the toughest schedule in college hockey

Agree, and we rarely attacked the offensive zone with numbers and speed...the few times we did we got decent scoring chances.

I keep thinking about the fact that we found a way to sweep on the road without two first line forwards...you take two top end forwards off most teams in this league and they don't go and sweep MSU on the road.

We finish the first half in first in the WCHA by two points, we have the top goal scorer in the nation. I can live with our start :D

We also have the most wins in the country having played the toughest schedule in college hockey

And Dell leads the WCHA in goals-against average (in conference play). The only goalie in the league under 2 goals per game.

Dave

My Mavs were playing really well and forced a lot of those turnovers. It's series like this that show why UND wins and MSU loses. A team should never control play as mcuh as MSU did and not come away with one win at home. Any momentum that we had going into this weekend has been lost. I'm convinced that MSU has the same type of mental block with UND as we used to have with the Gophs.

Our fans can only handle so many more "we hung with them and played really well" kind of weekends.

Having to leave Mankato this morning sucked, I had to get back home, so couldn't attend the game. Got to see friday's win at least. I witnessed many sioux fans giving tickets away in the hotel lobby this morning when we were checking out. I even heard a few gave them to their maid, and the front desk girls. Oh well, got to listen to most of game while driving back, great to see a sweep!

GO SIOUX!

If someone on the board has been on the Genoway=Liability thing for a couple years now, they should know: 1) we get it, you don't like him, 2) it looked stupid then, and 3) it still looks stupid.

I don't get what makes people like you bow down to a player like Genoway so much. It makes me wonder if you even watch the games because it's obvious that as good as he is at offense, his defense has been brutal at times (completely ignoring the fact that his primary responsibility IS defense).

You think I don't like having Chay on my team, which is completely false. I like Chay Genoway's game a lot. I'm just pointing out that he can make the spectacular touchdown throw when you think the play is dead...but he also throws the game-changing pick far too often for someone of his age and skill.

I'm sorry for speaking my mind, I will get on my knees for Mr. Chay Genoway like the rest of you. Anyone have some extra knee pads? I'm not used to this sort of thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't get what makes people like you bow down to a player like Genoway so much. It makes me wonder if you even watch the games because it's obvious that as good as he is at offense, his defense has been brutal at times (completely ignoring the fact that his primary responsibility IS defense).

You think I don't like having Chay on my team, which is completely false. I like Chay Genoway's game a lot. I'm just pointing out that he can make the spectacular touchdown throw when you think the play is dead...but he also throws the game-changing pick far too often for someone of his age and skill.

I'm sorry for speaking my mind, I will get on my knees for Mr. Chay Genoway like the rest of you. Anyone have some extra knee pads? I'm not used to this sort of thing.

I think a lot of us agree with you, but it's more like for me personally, once you've heard it once, you've it heard it a million times and in one ear out the other...I don't know why we need to keep repeating it.

I hear what you're saying...but got to take the good with the bad.

With that being said, IF people actually watched the games as you referenced, it is evident he is a defensive liability at times. He was Mankato's best offensive weapon the first 10-12 minutes of yesterday's game. His offensive skills though have a way of overcoming some defensive mishaps most of the time.

To his credit though, as the season has gone on, he seems to be finding that happy medium more of being an offensive defensemen.

I guess Hakstol isn't very smart to put him out to kill penalties then if he is that big of a liability. :silly:

Yep, Genoway's play on the 5 on 3 was unreal. Blocked two shots, got dinged on the second shot, couldn't get to the bench, gutted it out, and made the play by the goal to clear the puck down the ice. He's out for most of the PK time for a reason, and it isn't his liabilities as a dman.