SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MSU

AZSIOUX

We live in Mankato and are really excited for this weekend! It's great to get to wear our Sioux jerseys and not feel out of place. If people are

still looking for tickets, I know there are some on craigslist at face value! Hope to see the stands filled with Sioux fans this weedend!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed.

will be there Saturday, what's the name of that irish bar close to the cel phone arena?

It's been a few years since I've made the 'kato trip, but we used to go to McGoff's for pregame festivities. I thought I heard they shut down, though.

Yes, the Irish Bar across the way is now closed.

Just a heads up, I was checking around for some reservations for dinner/drinks before the game and apparently Saturday afternoon is also Minnesota State's Commencement for Winter Semester so expect eating places to be busy.

Methinks it was either an aberration or the Gophers. Cook's GAA for the season is just over 3.0 and their senior backup is about 3.2 on the season. It should be noted that MSU had their full team intact for the first time just a couple weeks ago so maybe that has made a difference.

Yeah I am hoping Toronto tanks this season as well as the Boston Bruins get their top pick again this season for trading Kessel.

I don't want to jinx the team... I am enjoying the Leafs not being good this season.

Hmmm you wouldn't beat a Cub's fan down like this would you ;)

Being a Leafs fan I agree they are still terrible :blush:

Big weekend, a sweep over the cows would set us up great going into the holidays.

After this weekend only 7 more road games until the playoffs :)

Methinks it was either an aberration or the Gophers. Cook's GAA for the season is just over 3.0 and their senior backup is about 3.2 on the season. It should be noted that MSU had their full team intact for the first time just a couple weeks ago so maybe that has made a difference.

Cook is actually better than he's given credit for. He really started hitting his stride near the end of last year. He almost stole the series for us last year in the playoffs against SCSU. Our team defense has finally gotten to the point of being able to confident in front of him. I can virtually guarantee the Sioux will have at least 3 odd man rushes each game still. Our defense tends to hang our goalies out to dry a lot.

EDIT: Holy crap, I cant believe I registered almost 2 years ago and just made my first post.

There is a ramp by the arena, if I remember....

Tons of on street parking available. Don't bother paying for parking unless you aren't willing to walk a couple blocks. My suggestion is to park in the Wells Fargo parking lot or one of the local business' parking lots.

Cook is actually better than he's given credit for. He really started hitting his stride near the end of last year. He almost stole the series for us last year in the playoffs against SCSU. Our team defense has finally gotten to the point of being able to confident in front of him. I can virtually guarantee the Sioux will have at least 3 odd man rushes each game still. Our defense tends to hang our goalies out to dry a lot.

EDIT: Holy crap, I cant believe I registered almost 2 years ago and just made my first post.

How would you compare him with Zacharias?

How would you compare him with Zacharias?

I'd say it's too early to tell. Cook was actually the #3 goalie coming into the year last year. He didn't make his first start until January and worked his way into the starting role. They have different styles too. Cook is, I believe, 6'3" and Zacharias was 5'9" if memory serves. Cook is a big guy that doesn't get out of position too often, but he also won't make as many of the circus type saves (or at least he hasn't done that on a regular basis yet).

Hey guys. My dad and I are taking the train to Washington this weekend for the Bison-EWU game. We'll be stuck on the train Friday night but I will have a laptop and WiFi is available. Is the Sioux-Mankato game going to have a webcast? If so, where can I find it and if it costs something, how much? Thanks in advance for any help.

Big weekend, a sweep over the cows would set us up great going into the holidays.

After this weekend only 7 more road games until the playoffs :)

I am ready already for the Final Five already. That means spring is on the way.

Hey guys. My dad and I are taking the train to Washington this weekend for the Bison-EWU game. We'll be stuck on the train Friday night but I will have a laptop and WiFi is available. Is the Sioux-Mankato game going to have a webcast? If so, where can I find it and if it costs something, how much? Thanks in advance for any help.

http://forum.siouxsp...post__p__475060

Link to B2 network page in that thread.