SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU

AZSIOUX

The Sioux had a nice weekend vs the giolden domers (well by the end of sat night many had white spots on their helmets from getting hit around so not so much golden domers) but anyways....The Sioux controlled the play for much of the weekend but let another win slip away on a Saturday night with a late 2-1 lead. SCSU comes off a bye weekend having split a series in Anchorage that previous week. The Sioux have four games left before the Christmas break and all four are WCHA vs SCSU and then at Mankato. 8 very obtainable points for the Sioux!! Aaron Dell has taking the goalie spot over and I wonder if we see Dillon Simpson and Forbort this weekend both nights. GO SIOUX!!!

WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 9-5-2 (.625)

Conference Record, WCHA: 7-3-0, 14 points

Home: 3-2-1 / Away: 5-3-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

scsu.gif - Huskies Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 5-7-2 (.429)

Conference Record, WCHA: 3-4-1, 7 points

Home: 2-4-2 / Away: 2-2-0 / Neutral: 1-1-0

This weekend is a 4-point must.

4 point MUST. Agreed.

I have a good feeling about next weekend. Aaron Marvin will be bringing his team to town, and there will be Blood on the ice.

What can go wrong? ;)

But seriously, I think this is the weekend we'll see Mr. Kristo break the seal and unleash the floodwaters. He's due.

GO SIOUX!!!

This weekend is a 4-point must.

Absolutely it is...and for the record, no one will be able to state "don't worry, it only November."

4 very winnable games before the Christmas holiday...let's start with a "W" this Friday.

The only real MUST win games are in late March/early April (assuming you win enough games to make it that far, of course). :D

That said, the next four games are games that the Sioux should win.

SCSU, despite being heavily hyped entering the season, are struggling. That, coupled with the fact that the games are at home, should hopefully translate into 2 wins for the Sioux.

• Upvote 3

Nope I do not work at Rockwell but that is what everyone says. I actually work as an editor at a TV station.

oops! I know a bunch of people that work down there so I kind of assumed. What channel do you work for?

I was told there are a lot of Sioux fans that meet at the bar and watch the games...

oops! I know a bunch of people that work down there so I kind of assumed. What channel do you work for?

I was told there are a lot of Sioux fans that meet at the bar and watch the games...

I work at the CBS/Fox station and yes there is a bar called Third Base that shows the games and there is sometimes some Sioux fans there. Cool Bar, but it is no Joe Senser's.

If that abysmal showing/result Saturday isn't enough motivation for the team to steam roll SCCC, they may just as well hang it up now. There is too much talent and experience on this year's team to play hot/cold nearly every series. Split? Anything less than taking 4 pts in our own barn should be considered a disgrace.

• Downvote 2

If that abysmal showing/result Saturday isn't enough motivation for the team to steam roll SCCC, they may just as well hang it up now. There is too much talent and experience on this year's team to play hot/cold nearly every series. Split? Anything less than taking 4 pts in our own barn should be considered a disgrace.

Abysmal?

Wow.

I was just going to post the same word...

There were times during Saturday's game were the Sioux couldn't seem to find their a$$ with both hands, but overall they played a very good game.

They played well enough to win against a ranked team. The goon has a video on his site that clearly shows the tying goal was a bad call.

They played well enough to win against a ranked team. The goon has a video on his site that clearly shows the tying goal was a bad call.

With both of these plays having been reviewed and the wrong call made. The over head view seems to be clear on both calls and yet they made bad calls. WOW! I would love to hear the reasons on why the calls were made in the eyes of Todd Anderson . How could that not be interference when the player is laying in the goal before the puck goes in. It was called no goal on the ice and should have stayed that way. Just my opinion.

With both of these plays having been reviewed and the wrong call made. The over head view seems to be clear on both calls and yet they made bad calls. WOW! I would love to hear the reasons on why the calls were made in the eyes of Todd Anderson . How could that not be interference when the player is laying in the goal before the puck goes in. It was called no goal on the ice and should have stayed that way. Just my opinion.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with that.