SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Post Season

Matt

:lol: I thought this thread was about the FCS post season?!?!? Just because the Sioux struggled to beat D2 level competition must make you a bit pissy......LMAO...... :lol: get over yourselves.....LOL!!!!.......oh....and if you like football.....you can go watch a game in Fargo next Saturday........ :lol:
  • Downvote 4

:lol: I thought this thread was about the FCS post season?!?!? Just because the Sioux struggled to beat D2 level competition must make you a bit pissy......LMAO...... :lol: get over yourselves.....LOL!!!!.......oh....and if you like football.....you can go watch a game in Fargo next Saturday........ :lol:

Last time I checked, this was SiouxSports.... anyway, I suppose you can find others who care to discuss bison football at any truck stop bathroom in WY.

Very suprised that NDSU got into the playoffs and then gets to host a playoff game?!?!?. :huh:

My brothers and uncle live in Springfield, MO. Uncle is NDSU grad...brothers are UND grads. All said NDSU was B-R-U-T-A-L yesterday...but obviously the body of work trumps one game.

Good for NDSU, the state of ND and Fargo.

Bison in. With everything else this year it doesn't help recruiting but at least gives optimism that next year can turn around in a hurry.

My sentiments exactly. I must say I was impressed with the way the Sioux defense stood up yesterday in spite of all the handicapped situations they were put into early. Holding the Jacks to two early field goals when it could just as easily have been 14-0 at that point is a testament and a tribute to good D. I still recall the year back in the Murray Warmath-coached years when the Gophers went from last in the Big Ten in 1959 to national champions in 1960. Don't despair, Sioux fans. Hang in there.

Ah a playoff game in North Dakota. Maybe it is time for Fargo fans to experience this. :lol:

At least I hope I saw correct that they are hosting? That must've been one heck of a money guarantee they are putting up.

If the Bison do not win by 20+ there ought to be an investigation. RM must play in the weakest of the FCS conferences in the Northeastern. Hello Montana State.

NDSU fans need to send a Thanksgiving gift to Turner Gill: the Kansas win is what got them aboard. NDSU fans must be the most schizophrenic around: today bisonville must be like New Orleans on New Years Eve, but yesterday it was like New Orleans after Katrina.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

NDSU fans need to send a Thanksgiving gift to Turner Gill: the Kansas win is what got them aboard. NDSU fans must be the most schizophrenic around: today bisonville must be like New Orleans on New Years Eve, but yesterday it was like New Orleans after Katrina.

Absolutely right...that win got the Bison in and sent the Griz home.

You put the Bison and Griz on a neutral field...don't think game would be close. Griz would IMO throttle SU, but it is what it is.

Very suprised that NDSU got into the playoffs and then gets to host a playoff game?!?!?. :huh:

I thought who gets to host was based entirely on who bids more, nothing to do with relative rankings of teams. If that's true, having among the top attendance in FCS and nice facilities, NDSU seems well-positioned to almost always get a playoff game at home when they make the playoffs.

We don"t care here.Make your reunion plans with Mnpls offline or at BuffaloVille

for the most part, WYOBISONMAN is a decent poster on here and has said very good things about UND on occasion. I am not going to say that I agree with him all the time, but he doesn't need to go anywhere as he (or she?) actually brings something to the discussion, which is more than I can say for some Sioux fans on occasion.

Congrats to NDSU for making the post season...I know that neither teams season went quite the way that everyone wanted, but that is life.

I thought who gets to host was based entirely on who bids more, nothing to do with relative rankings of teams. If that's true, having among the top attendance in FCS and nice facilities, NDSU seems well-positioned to almost always get a playoff game at home when they make the playoffs.

Kind of sad if that's the case, but it is the NC$$!

If the term "backing into the playoffs" were a word in the dictionary there would be a picture of the bison football team right behind it. Very fortunate.

Not only backing in, but playing a team that is not ranked and probably plays in the weakest FCS conference in the country.

Not only backing in, but playing a team that is not ranked and probably plays in the weakest FCS conference in the country.

Congrats to their program - it is a major accomplishment. For the first time ever - a playoff game in the Fargodome against Robert Morris. I'm sure we'll be hearing all about it. :silly:

In addition to Kansas, they need to send gifts to Richmond and UMass and like five other programs that botched their chances yesterday.

Still, with Bohl being the butt of jokes throughout national talk radio this week about his traffic tickets as a Fargo police spokesman, doubt their playoff publicity will match that. ;)

Absolutely right...that win got the Bison in and sent the Griz home.

You put the Bison and Griz on a neutral field...don't think game would be close. Griz would IMO throttle SU, but it is what it is.

Really, the Griz team that beat UND by 10 would kill the Bison? The bison team that beat SDSU who shutout UND? That Griz team would throttle SU?

Really, the Griz team that beat UND by 10 would kill the Bison? The bison team that beat SDSU who shutout UND? That Griz team would throttle SU?

IF the Griz don't puke it up twice in the red zone yesterday, they beat the Cats and NDSU sits at home. IMO...yes, the Griz would whup SU. Now if SU and MT. St meet in the 2nd round...ouch, that one is going to get ugly. MT. St is no MO. St.

Let's face it...it took a "perfect storm" scenerio for NDSU to get in.

Hey I'll give props to the Bison but I think its hilarious that you come on here and also on your board their fans talk trash about us not getting into the playoffs. I know that our record sucks but here is another news flash they may not understand, we aren't even playoff elgible. I love the fact that you get a home playoff game for the first time ever and the first thing some of their fans do is compare their program to a team in transition. Even on a day that should be all about the Bison for their fans the Sioux are still in their minds. Thats right though, they moved on. :D:D:D

Good luck on Saturday.

They had a lot of fun with our attendance in the playoffs (even though we had home playoff games every year for 6-7 years). Lets see how many people they get to show up when:

- Everyone has to buy a ticket. Everyone. Students, season ticket holders, faculty, parents.

- They can't have 2 for 1's at Stop and Go.

- It is Thanksgiving Weekend = No Students

- They can't lie about there attendance because season tickets don't count anymore.

- They are playing the worst team in the entire field which was a complete gift by the committee.

I am guessing there will be 10-11k.