SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

Poster du78 on USCHO posted this earlier today:

Injury update - Dusty Jackson (mono) and Nick Shore (wrist) are out for a couple of more weeks. Adam Murray (groin) is doubtful for this weekend.

Tough loss on Shore, he's a talented player.

With Murray out, that means freshman Brittain will be in net both days. His only road action all season was in VT, so it will be interesting to see how he handles the hostile environment.

At home for the 1st time this year, the guys will be flying especially after a pathetic east coast trip. UND will get it's goals both nights IMO, but can BE or Dell stop the puck 2 nights in a row?

Will this be the weekend that Kristo finally emerges? :)

If he starts to play anywhere close to last year...then maybe. He just doesn't seem to fit on that 3rd line IMO. I'd try flipping him and Hextall Friday just to see if that would jump start Danny.

If he starts to play anywhere close to last year...then maybe. He just doesn't seem to fit on that 3rd line IMO. I'd try flipping him and Hextall Friday just to see if that would jump start Danny.

I wouldn't mind seeing that line combo. Hextall is a grittier player too, would fit in better on the third line and he would still be a scoring threat.

Something like this:

19 Evan Trupp

Finally there is a home series. Very excited to see the Sioux in action against DU this weekend.

I hope to see 3 things this weekend:

1. More Hitting and physical play

2. Mr Belding dancing up on the dasher :lol:

3. Stick Salute

Should be a great series, I am also very interested in who is in goal this weekend and how either Eids or Dell performs. Goaltending has been a bit of a weak point so far and i hope someone steps up this weekend.

3 more days...DROP THE PUCK

I hate Denver more than anyone, even the Gophers. If Gwoz and the Pioneers were a Minnesota team for the past 5-10 years, you'd hate that team twice as much as the actual Gopher team over the same time span.

All the on and off ice antics by Gwoz and his ankle-grabbing team puts me over the edge...then add the usual competitiveness of the rivalry, and it's just oh so bitter when I see the Sioux play them.

7 reasons why I hate Denver (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some)

1) Dasher Dancing

2) Gwoz walking on our sacred ice

3) Paukovich

4) They are tied with us for 2nd most National Championships (7)

5) Competitive in-conference rival

6) Recently defeated us in National title game

7) Gwoz cheating by illegally communicating with team after being tossed

I hate Gwozdecky because he's constantly in the officials ear the whole game, and sometimes it works.....If you remember the dasher dancing game, the next five or so penalties were called on North Dakota.....He is a psychologist if there ever was one in college hockey.

I hate Gwozdecky because he's constantly in the officials ear the whole game, and sometimes it works.....If you remember the dasher dancing game, the next five or so penalties were called on North Dakota.....He is a psychologist if there ever was one in college hockey.

you should have seen him in Our Friday night Denver Game last year. It didn't get captured on the camera (suprise, suprise)

But I personally saw him go over to the refs on the ice as he was leaving the bench at the end of the first period. He starts that !@#$ eating grin talking crap he does with the refs and Hak sees it. So Hak goes over to the refs and Gwaaaz and starts talking with a very angry look on his face pointing at Gwaaaz.

I saw it with my own two eyes. I know where he's been!!:silly:

you should have seen him in Our Friday night Denver Game last year. It didn't get captured on the camera (suprise, suprise)

But I personally saw him go over to the refs on the ice as he was leaving the bench at the end of the first period. He starts that !@#$ eating grin talking crap he does with the refs and Hak sees it. So Hak goes over to the refs and Gwaaaz and starts talking with a very angry look on his face pointing at Gwaaaz.

I saw it with my own two eyes. I know where he's been!!:silly:

And two WCHA officials were suspended after that weekend. Zelkin is no longer officiating in the WCHA this season. What does that tell you? Gwoz is McLeod's pet.

it is a bit of a shame that this series isn't later in the year. I don't sense as much hype for it. most fans spent two days complaining about last weekend instead of maybe turning their attention to DU(myself included). this reminds me of last year and our first series with the gophers in october-too early to get all hyped up possibly?

it is a bit of a shame that this series isn't later in the year. I don't sense as much hype for it. most fans spent two days complaining about last weekend instead of maybe turning their attention to DU(myself included). this reminds me of last year and our first series with the gophers in october-too early to get all hyped up possibly?

I think we can get all excited. I think I can get my blood boiling for the Dasher Troll and his team.

I think Dell starts Friday and Eids gets Saturday unless Dell blanks (or gets close to it) DU.

Eids has had a rough start. He's already got a few of us pushing him, pads and all, toward the emergency exit door of the team bus while it's going 75 on I-29.

To be honest, I don't like it, but it happens. Bachman was stellar his freshman year and then had a sophomore slump. Eidsness may never have been "stellar" but his slump has come 1 year late.

I look to Eids to snap out of it soon and start showing us why he was a pre season Hobey candidate (though even though I am a fan of Eidsness, he'll never win that award... unless he pulls off a Cheverie or Eilliott his senior year).

Dell did ok vs. Maine. Not great. I think both goaltenders will be looking to perform better this weekend.

And perhaps the team will be better prepared to face crappy officials.

Surely this weekend will see Shepherd and his partner.

There is plenty to be excited about!

First home series

First home WCHA series

Keeping an undefeated WCHA record

We have a VERY talented team

We are ties for first in the WCHA

Etc....

I am bringing a guy who doesn't know much about hockey on Friday and he knows THIS is a big series that everyone pays attention to all over college hockey

If you can't get pumped for this check your pulse.

I think Dell starts Friday and Eids gets Saturday unless Dell blanks (or gets close to it) DU.

Eids has had a rough start. He's already got a few of us pushing him, pads and all, toward the emergency exit door of the team bus while it's going 75 on I-29.

To be honest, I don't like it, but it happens. Bachman was stellar his freshman year and then had a sophomore slump. Eidsness may never have been "stellar" but his slump has come 1 year late.

I look to Eids to snap out of it soon and start showing us why he was a pre season Hobey candidate (though even though I am a fan of Eidsness, he'll never win that award... unless he pulls off a Cheverie or Eilliott his senior year).

Dell did ok vs. Maine. Not great. I think both goaltenders will be looking to perform better this weekend.

And perhaps the team will be better prepared to face crappy officials.

Surely this weekend will see Shepherd and his partner.

I have a feeling that Eidsness gets the nod on Friday night. I'm thinking that regardless of his effort Dell gets the start on Saturday. Its funny that with more publicity this year Eidsness has started poorly......I think we've seen that a time or two before.

I think the Freshman tender for Denver will is the big story this weekend. I don't see him playing average....he'll either steal a game or give up a Kangas like six spot.

I have a feeling that Eidsness gets the nod on Friday night. I'm thinking that regardless of his effort Dell gets the start on Saturday. Its funny that with more publicity this year Eidsness has started poorly......I think we've seen that a time or two before.

I think the Freshman tender for Denver will is the big story this weekend. I don't see him playing average....he'll either steal a game or give up a Kangas like six spot.

I hope the boys can just bust open the flood gates this weekend and beyond. Let's not rely on our goaltenders to win a game(s).

Really looking forward to my weekend in beautiful Grand Forks for this series. I see a physical highly intense series as both teams really don't like each other. The Sioux will finally get to hit without going to the box like they did out east. Hoping to a see a little dasher dancing form the Gwoz as it's always makes for a good laugh. Sioux destroy the Pioneers friday night 6-2 and follow up with a tight checking low scoring 3-2 win on saturday.

Agreed.

If the Sioux can rattle him early either game, there's really nothing Gwoz can do. I can't imagine him pulling the goalie and putting a 3rd string goalie into the game that's never played a minute of NCAA hockey.

Agreed.

If the Sioux can rattle him early either game, there's really nothing Gwoz can do. I can't imagine him pulling the goalie and putting a 3rd string goalie into the game that's never played a minute of NCAA hockey.

I'll never bet against a Gwoz team, even with a freshmen goalie. This will be a tough series.

Pipeline interview with Hextall...it's a great listen :) . .

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips/season_6/Brett_Hextall_Oct26.mp3

am i violating any rules for the board? I've never seen a link show up like this on the board. :huh: