SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAINE

AZSIOUX

It was a very nice sweep for #2 Fighting Sioux this last weekend in Bemidji. Maine will be waiting for the (3-0-1) Fighting Sioux after skating to a 4-4 tie @ Michigan State Thursday and a 3-2 loss Friday. These will be very big games on the national scale along with the pairwise rankings come March.

und.gif - SIOUX Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 3-0-1 (.875)

Conference Record, WCHA: 2-0-0, 4 points

Home: 0-0-0 / Away: 2-0-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

me.gif - Black Bears Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 1-1-2 (.500)

Conference Record, Hockey East: 1-0-0, 2 points

Home: 1-0-1 / Away: 0-1-1 / Neutral: 0-0-0

I have been saying this would be huge as far as the PairWise goes since the day i planned the trip out...

Maine is going to be looking for some home cooking, and i expect it to be loud!!!

Go Sioux, let's play 6 hard period's and we will have a productive weekend.

Rich T

Within a 2+ week span, UND will have played 6 games with travel to/from Alaska and to Maine. That is a lot of flying miles. Physically one would think, even for 18-20 year olds, that will at some point take a toll. I wouldn't be suprised by a close loss Friday, then regroup to win handily on Sat. But pulling for a sweep.

Another great test for a well traveled hockey club. Maine will be the best skating team that the sioux will have played to this point of the season, and it will be an interesting matchup to see how the sioux can handle playing in a hostile atmosphere (can't call the weekend in Bemidji too hostile) against a top hockey east team.

Eidsness Friday, Dell Saturday.

I'll predict a split for the sioux.

Which means what for cable (Polar, MIDCO, etc.), Direct, Dish, etc.?

i think if you have a sports package, you should get the channel. I know in the Cities, the Comcast Sports package carries it. Also, I know my parents have it and they have Dish Network and I don't think they even have a sports package out there in rural Minnesota. That is what I know.

Which means what for cable (Polar, MIDCO, etc.), Direct, Dish, etc.?

Check your carrier and look for CBS College Sports as a channel. Their schedule should tell you if they carry it, and which package it is part of. Some will have it as part of the package they already have, some may include it as part of a sports package. For instance, Direct TV has it as part of most TV packages, except the more basic (Choice). But you can order it as part of the Sports package if you have Choice.

Another great test for a well traveled hockey club. Maine will be the best skating team that the sioux will have played to this point of the season, and it will be an interesting matchup to see how the sioux can handle playing in a hostile atmosphere (can't call the weekend in Bemidji too hostile) against a top hockey east team.

Eidsness Friday, Dell Saturday.

I'll predict a split for the sioux.

Another difference between UND and UMTC is that the Goph's rarely travel out of their comfort zone - when's the last time they traveled to HE for a game? The Sioux do it regularly.

Check your carrier and look for CBS College Sports as a channel. Their schedule should tell you if they carry it, and which package it is part of. Some will have it as part of the package they already have, some may include it as part of a sports package. For instance, Direct TV has it as part of most TV packages, except the more basic (Choice). But you can order it as part of the Sports package if you have Choice.

CBS is 314 in Grand Forks.

its amazing midco has cbs sports but cant get fox in hd

It has nothing to do with Midcontinent. The local Fox affiliate doesn't have the equipment to broadcast the games in HD. They ordered it this past summer and originally planned to have it in place before the NFL season started. It sounds like something has prevented that from happening.

It has nothing to do with Midcontinent. The local Fox affiliate doesn't have the equipment to broadcast the games in HD. They ordered it this past summer and originally planned to have it in place before the NFL season started. It sounds like something has prevented that from happening.

is that the affiliate in Fargo that offers HD or the transmitter in Thief River?

Within a 2+ week span, UND will have played 6 games with travel to/from Alaska and to Maine. That is a lot of flying miles. Physically one would think, even for 18-20 year olds, that will at some point take a toll. I wouldn't be surprised by a close loss Friday, then regroup to win handily on Sat. But pulling for a sweep.

I'm not usually very inclined to predict Sioux games early in the year, but I have some very good feelings about this team.

I say that the Sioux Sweep and not only do they sweep but they sweep with an attitude.

I think this team is going to realize (has realized) very quickly that if they play an aggressive go out there and make it happen game they will be on a different level.

There are just so many players on this team that can truly dominate the game (when they are on) that I can't see this team not getting fuel every night from at least some of them.

We have a boat load of guys that can simply dominate from the blue line/point including forwards Kristo and Fratten at the point on the PP.

And for the first time since the DOT line we have a core of players that don't seem to have a problem making goals happen. Back then we had the three of them and Chorney from the line, throw in Porter cause he was pretty dominant that year (thanks again from the Pepsi center Club level center ice seats!)

but this time we might just have more than four dominant offensive threat forwards and one offensive defensemen we had that year. Like maybe six or seven dominant scoring forwards and at least three- maybe as many as six- offensively dominant defensemen.

Further, I have been watching the Sioux for 20 years and I have never seen a player skate, shoot and score in a style like Fratten has been since last Feb. He reminds me of Stafford but more skilled with his shot and a bit more physical. I think he might find himself on a hobbey list here in a bit...

Never the less I think we can all just forget about any "first half slumps" with this team.

i can't waite to see them live for the first time when I head to Omaha in Nov.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Frattin certainly has shown he has Hobey calibre game...but unfortunately for him, if he does continue on a Hobey-like pace, I think he'll suffer in votes because of his off-ice issues. He seems to have cleaned himself up and has re-dedicated himself to the game, but those past issues are still there.

The Hobey Baker takes into account the best player on AND off the ice.

Further, I have been watching the Sioux for 20 years and I have never seen a player skate, shoot and score in a style like Fratten has been since last Feb. He reminds me of Stafford but more skilled with his shot and a bit more physical. I think he might find himself on a hobbey list here in a bit...

I'm right there with you...We seen some good ones in the last 20+ years. When this year ends, Fratttin will be one that we'll be talking about for a long time. This kid's total skill set is something we haven't seen in a long, long time.

Frattin certainly has shown he has Hobey calibre game...but unfortunately for him, if he does continue on a Hobey-like pace, I think he'll suffer in votes because of his off-ice issues. He seems to have cleaned himself up and has re-dedicated himself to the game, but those past issues are still there.

The Hobey Baker takes into account the best player on AND off the ice.

I'm thinking the same way, but if he can do some extra stuff off ice, like work with some troubled yout's it'd probably make up for that other stuff.

Just a thought.