SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-commit-andrew-strathmann-has-an-nhl-draft-story-to-remember

Andrew Strathmann will forever have a laugh when he tells his NHL Draft day story.

As the Columbus Blue Jackets made their pick at No. 98 and his family began celebrating in the Bridgestone Arena crowd, Strathmann was nowhere to be found.

Perhaps unfortunate timing on his part, but the UND commit ran to the bathroom at the end of the third round, expecting to have a quick break. However, that break was short-lived and Strathmann was taken just two picks into the fourth round.

“I ran over to the bathroom and I’m running back, and my buddy on the concourse was like, you got picked," Strathmann said. "So I walked back into the arena and my family was standing up cheering. Just a funny story.”

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, AJS said:

The Atlantic's Corey Pronman published his first-round predictions for the 2024 NHL draft. He has Boisvert at #14. Defensive recruit target EJ Emery is at #19. 

If they added hockey coverage, maybe I'll finally splurge on a subscription to The Atlantic! Haha.

I saw another one that had Boisvert at 30. Curious where Swanson is projecting as well after a monster rookie USHL season.

12 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Curious where Swanson is projecting as well after a monster rookie USHL season.

Mac has everything ... except a "6" to start his height. And these days that (wrongly) costs about 20 draft slots. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mac has everything ... except a "6" to start his height. And these days that (wrongly) costs about 20 draft slots. 

Assuming he has a big second USHL season…I’d say a mid first to late second range 

11 hours ago, AJS said:

The Atlantic's Corey Pronman published his first-round predictions for the 2024 NHL draft. He has Boisvert at #14. Defensive recruit target EJ Emery is at #19. 

The Atlantic has hockey coverage? Or are we talking about The Athletic?

On 7/5/2023 at 9:59 AM, AJS said:

Swanson in that class, too. Too small to go that early, but I truly believe he's gonna be a star.

Not gonna lie, I'm loving what I'm seeing and hearing about all of these guys.