SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

22 hours ago, brianvf said:

If "someone" would pay the buyout...then that same "someone" should help fund and setup the UND NIL to get blue chippah players on campus and help prevent the nightmare scenario.

:) 

There is no nightmare scenario....we loaded up on portal transfers.  All is good.

The regular seasons for the USHL, BCHL, and AJHL are over. Here's a quick summary of UND committed players and their stats for this past season, organized by birth year. (Only skaters; sorry Hobie.)

2002s   League GP Pts Pts/Gm
Nate Benoit, D USHL 58 25 0.43
Tanner Komzak, D AJHL 60 52 0.87*

2003s          
Cody Croal, F USHL 62 49 0.79*
Michael Emerson, F USHL 60 64 1.07*
Abram Wiebe, D BCHL 54 53 0.98*
Jayden Jubenvill, D USHL 62 25 0.40

2004s          
Trey Ausmus, D,  USHL 48 13 0.27
Jake Livanavage, D USHL 48 36 0.75
Jaksen Panzer, F USHL 58 28 0.48
Bowden Singleton, F AJHL 38 26 0.68

2005s          
David Klee, F USHL 57 13 0.23
Jayden Perron, F USHL 61 72 1.18*
Grayden Slipec, F USHL 52 13 0.25
Andrew Strathmann, D USHL 56 38 0.68

2006s          
Keith McInnis, D USHL 9 2 0.22
Mac Swanson, F USHL 57 55 0.96*
Sacha Boisvert, F USHL 57 45 0.79*
Carson Pilgrim, F HS-MN 31 92 2.97*

bold = expected for 2023-24 season  
* = top 60 in league for Pts/Gm      

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

(Only skaters; sorry Hobie.)

Pssst .... I'd watch yourself skating past the blue paint ... goalies have long memories.

Goalie-Think by @Wilbur: It'd be a shame if the big battle axe got you on the ankle bone while you're standing too close. ;)  :D  

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If Croal and Boisvert were top 60 at 0.79, Livanavage must've just missed at 0.75. 

Croal hanging that number is a bit of a surprise. 

You have to asses by position really. Both Strathmann and Livanavage were top 10 D at pts/gm 

I really like to look at pts/gm. But I focus more on top 10-25. 60 is probably a bit much. Croal has too many penalties and is really streaky. I’m guessing he has a nice year next year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If Croal and Boisvert were top 60 at 0.79, Livanavage must've just missed at 0.75. 

Croal hanging that number is a bit of a surprise. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

You have to asses by position really. Both Strathmann and Livanavage were top 10 D at pts/gm 

I really like to look at pts/gm. But I focus more on top 10-25. 60 is probably a bit much. Croal has too many penalties and is really streaky. I’m guessing he has a nice year next year.

You guys don't miss anything! 

(1) Livanavage was #69 in Pts/Gm.

(2) Croal surprised me too.

(3) I totally agree: assessing by position is required. I was trying to keep the chart somewhat simple. 

(4) Top 60 is probably too much. Confession time: I was going to do top 50. Then I saw Croal at #52 and Boisvert at #54. So I changed the parameters to top 60. Each of the junior leagues has between 400 and 500 skaters, so top 60 is still top 15%.

7 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

You guys don't miss anything! 

(1) Livanavage was #69 in Pts/Gm.

(2) Croal surprised me too.

(3) I totally agree: assessing by position is required. I was trying to keep the chart somewhat simple. 

(4) Top 60 is probably too much. Confession time: I was going to do top 50. Then I saw Croal at #52 and Boisvert at #54. So I changed the parameters to top 60. Each of the junior leagues has between 400 and 500 skaters, so top 60 is still top 15%.

Oh no worries at all. Another thing I look at is stratifying first year guys too. The jump from MN HS/Tier 1 specifically to the USHL is extremely tough. One of the biggest jumps out there. So I’ll filter by rookie scoring and pts/game. I would assume Boisvert is towards the top…with Swanson putting up an extremely good season.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Oh no worries at all. Another thing I look at is stratifying first year guys too. The jump from MN HS/Tier 1 specifically to the USHL is extremely tough. One of the biggest jumps out there. So I’ll filter by rookie scoring and pts/game. I would assume Boisvert is towards the top…with Swanson putting up an extremely good season.

Both Swanson and Boisvert are Top 10 overall in rookie scoring in the USHL. Very impressive. And both can/will get bigger and stronger, which will only help.

• Upvote 2

USHL Playoff preview:

https://www.therinklive.com/junior-and-prospects/ushl/ushl-playoff-primer-second-round-preview

Perron was listed as a player to watch.

Perron finished the regular season tied for fifth in the USHL with 72 points. The North Dakota commit had at least a point in 13 of his final 15 games and 22 (5-17-22) in that stretch.

"He's an incredible player," Garman said. "He's very talented but he's just becoming a pro with his game. He has the skill but he's bought into becoming the best overall player he can be. He's been a huge part of our success."

15 hours ago, brianvf said:

And he completes the hat trick, getting all three Chicago goals in a 3-1 win.  :)
Nice steal along the wall and then dekes around two defenders to get the ENG.

Perron apparently has "finisher" in his game.

• Like 2

Just now, ChadR said:

Perron didn't make USHL 1st, 2nd, or 3rd all USHL team. 

What am I missing here. How does that happen?

My guess is that he got knocked because he played with Celebrini, but it's laughable to think he's not all-USHL.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:14 PM, brianvf said:

And he completes the hat trick, getting all three Chicago goals in a 3-1 win.  :)
Nice steal along the wall and then dekes around two defenders to get the ENG.

Certainly looks like this kid can take things over. Some have knocked him because he got a lot of his points playing with Celebrini. Well, he's gone at the U-18s.... 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Well consolation is the all rookie teams: Mac Swanson (first), Sasha Boisvert (second)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

There are so many good forwards in the USHL. That being said, his numbers--Emerson's too--are comparable to the forwards who were chosen. My hunch is that Perron and Emerson were discounted in light of three other Chicago forwards--Celebrini, Moldenhauer, and Harvey--all making All-USHL teams.