SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.J. Oshie commits to the sioux? Someone close to Oshie said he has or is very close to giving a verbal to the Fighting Sioux.Looks like 2005 is starting to look like

a very good class,now if Oshie could convince Hardwick to join.

Are you sure the Sioux are recruiting Hardwick? There are a lot of great high school junior defensemen available and they already have Beaverson coming in next year and Chorney coming the year after that. Is Hardwick better than Brian Lee or some of the others available?

Are you sure the Sioux are recruiting Hardwick? There are a lot of great high school junior defensemen available and they already have Beaverson coming in next year and Chorney coming the year after that. Is Hardwick better than Brian Lee or some of the others available?

Yes. Kyle Hardwick is only a junior, and is considered by many to be the top defensemen for his age in Minnesota. He not only is good defensively but has good offensive skills. Brian Lee and Jon Ammerman of Moorhead (also juniors) have also visited UM and UND (they can have only 2 visits as underclassmen), but both are Gopher fans if that makes any difference. I heard from some very reliable sources that if the Sioux do not land Kyle Hardwick, he will probably end up at Minnesota.

Someone at POI (who has a total of 1 post ever there, and therefore limited credibility) has said that Lee from Moorhead has verbally committed to UND. I have no idea whether it is true, but we should know soon enough.

If the poster over on POI is correct about Lee the class of 05 justs keeps getting better and better.The class looks like Oshie,Chorney,Duncan,Lee and possibles of

Hardwick(deciding after seasons over or this summer),Ammerman,Spirko and maybe a western Canadian or two.On a different note I heard the only reason Chucko chose UMN is we couldn't provide lap dances since tassles closed down.

The '05 class needs to be good. UND loses 6 senior forwards (plus early departures) and 3 senior defensemen (again plus early departures) that Spring. I believe Spirko is an '84, so I doubt he would wait until 2005, although I don't know anything about the situation.

The '05 class needs to be good. UND loses 6 senior forwards (plus early departures) and 3 senior defensemen (again plus early departures) that Spring.

Wow, dang right that class needs to be good. 9 graduating players is huge, especially considering the low number of graduates that we have had the last few years.

I think we had Notermann, Spiewak, and Leinweber last year.

And this year just Lundbohm (Lundblum), Hale, and Palmo.

Lee is also the latest addition to Heisenberg's site. It listed there:

Brian Lee-RD (2/3/04) Moorhead 6'2 180 3-27-87 2003 USA U-17 team (for 2005)

I had no idea he was that tall at only 16 y/o. Granted, Heisenberg doesn't always have very accurate physical stats, but if he's actually 6'2" at this age :huh:

Can anybody here describe his style, strengths, etc.?

If you're reading this, Brian, welcome to the Sioux family! BOOYA!

Lee is also the latest addition to Heisenberg's site. It listed there:

Brian Lee-RD (2/3/04) Moorhead 6'2 180 3-27-87 2003 USA U-17 team (for 2005)

I had no idea he was that tall at only 16 y/o. Granted, Heisenberg doesn't always have very accurate physical stats, but if he's actually 6'2" at this age :huh:

He is a very smooth skater, tall and lanky (he will fill out) and very solid defensively. He very seldom makes mistakes and does not panic. He is not very offensive-minded, but does not need to on the current Moorhead team that is loaded and may have 5 kids who will play D1 at major programs. I am surprised but very pleased he chose UND because he always wears a Gophers hat when he helps with the defensemen camps in Moorhead run by Chip Ammerman. :p

I am surprised but very pleased he chose UND because he always wears a Gophers hat when he helps with the defensemen camps in Moorhead run by Chip Ammerman. ;)

It's not one of those silly-assed things with the ears, is it? :p:huh:

Anyway, welcome aboard, Brian. :D

I had no idea he was that tall at only 16 y/o. Granted, Heisenberg doesn't always have very accurate physical stats, but if he's actually 6'2" at this age :p

He is a very solid D-man, not one to jump up in the play, but a very good outlet passer. He is the guy that gets a ton of 'second' assists. At 16 most kids are about done growing, upwards anyway. I would expect Lee to put on some weight over the next few years. Are the Sioux going to recommend he plays in the USHL next year?

Anybody who wants to see Lee and Moorhead in GF, they play at EGF on Sat. Anybody know the MN high school rules about fighting? I guess my cousin was kicked out of last nights game, he better play on Sat. :huh: