SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

Jay Rosehill D (AJHL)--6-3 200, should add size to blueliners. 204 PIM last year. 1-4-5 in 14 games this season. Plays for Olds Grizzlies. 2003 7th round pick; TB.

*--What kind of nickname is that??

...and yes, I think Reichmuth will/should be drafted.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Sioux were interested in Rosehill. I remember some talk about him on this board around the time of the NHL draft.

On a side note... It looks like Zajac is one hell of a player, and I'm excited to see him play. The talent that the coaching staff has brought in these last couple years has been outstanding, and it seems like it gets better each year.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Sioux were interested in Rosehill. I remember some talk about him on this board around the time of the NHL draft.

I believe Rosehill was drafted by Tampa Bay. At the time a TB writer had him committed to the Sioux. Noone here ever determined whether he was recruited by the Sioux or not?

but he will have four years with Matt Smaby at the University of North Dakota to develop that side of his game.

Sounds like somebody jumped the gun on Jay.

That quote was from a Tampa Bay writer. There has been no information here or out of GF that Rosehill was being recruited by the Sioux, etc., etc. Maybe we'll never know for sure. At any rate he showed up on Heisenberg's site as a Duluth recruit some time ago.

I'm pretty sure the Sioux never recruited Rosehill, or even talked to him. I don't think they even watched him play.

My guess is that the Tampa writer who interviewed each of the drafted players ask a question like: What are your plans for next year? Rosehill probably replied that he would like to join earlier draft choice Smaby at North Dakota.

Maybe he'll turn out to be a real good one, and we'll wish the Sioux would have recruited him. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heisenberg has Chucko becoming part of the Axis of Evil

NEW ADDITIONS

12/31: Chucko (Minnesota/Salmon Arm-BCHL)

12/30: Farrell (Quinnipiac/Calgary Royals-AJHL)

12/28: Bowles (Union/Jr.Bruins-EJHL)

12/27: Weselowski (Bemidji State/Neepawa-MJHL)

12/24: Mueller (Michigan State/Nichols Prep); Gilbert (U.Mass/Cornwall-COJHL)

12/22: Stattenkirk (Princeton/Taft Prep); Pridham (Princeton/Nobles Prep); Boucher (Princeton/Upper Canada College); Gilbert (Robert Morris/Aurora-OPJHL)

I don't know why people get so worked up about recruits choosing different schools,UND isn't going to be for everyone nor should it be.Losing one to the dirty

Gophers hurts but it's not going to kill us.When the Sioux won the title in 97 we did it with recruits nobody wanted or were too small.The game goes on and hopefully we land the next one were after.

I don't know why people get so worked up about recruits choosing different schools,UND isn't going to be for everyone nor should it be.Losing one to the dirty

Gophers hurts but it's not going to kill us.When the Sioux won the title in 97 we did it with recruits nobody wanted or were too small.The game goes on and hopefully we land the next one were after.

I don't believe it is because we felt that we deserved Chucko to be on our team. We followed Chucko because he has UND connections (Zajac and Murray) and that UND was recruiting him.

We also like to know what to expect potential wise from our rivals, which is why I appreciate UMDDogz and the UM crew that comes and posts here (WPoS, Greyeagle, sagard). They give us valuable insight to their teams. It's always refreshing to hear different viewpoints too.

I don't believe it is because we felt that we deserved Chucko to be on our team. We followed Chucko because he has UND connections (Zajac and Murray) and that UND was recruiting him.

We also like to know what to expect potential wise from our rivals, which is why I appreciate UMDDogz and the UM crew that comes and posts here (WPoS, Greyeagle, sagard). They give us valuable insight to their teams. It's always refreshing to hear different viewpoints too.

Redwing - thank you, but I add nothing to recruiting discussions. But I will say I'm please MN has opened up its recruiting strategy. I like winning. :D

Redwing - thank you, but I add nothing to recruiting discussions. But I will say I'm please MN has opened up its recruiting strategy. I like winning. :glare:

Guys like RW77 are why I like this site. Most other sites I have been to seem to scream "This is a ____ site, so get your UMD lovin' keyster outta here!!".

As a Dogs fan I have been genuinely impressed with Sandy's recruiting. He has really helped turn the program back into a winner.

A name to watch for is Kyle Hardwick of Warroad. He is a junior and reportedly, the Sioux and Gophers are very interested. He probably will come straight out of high school without playing juniors.

He played very well at the high school tourney last year. The Warroad team seems to be pounding everyone.

http://www.geocities.com/dent0110/2004warroad.html

T.J. Oshie must be pretty darn good as well.

Chucko reportedly committed to MN on Monday.

Ironically, it was right after he two-handed slashed another player across the face, breaking his jaw :glare: Sounds like he's got a little mean streak to him...What would the NCAA do to a player who did that? Would they ever play college hockey again?

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't matter that Chucko chose UofM over UND, especially since my favorite players are the gritty power forwards who don't mind getting their jersey's a little bloody once in a while, [like Mike Prpich]. But to shed some light on the situation, the "trade-off" between Zajac and Chucko is similar to the Parise/Hirsch "trade-off" UND and UofM did a couple years back. UND has gotten the 2 best Salmon Arm players by a long shot in Murray and Zajac.

He played very well at the high school tourney last year. The Warroad team seems to be pounding everyone.

http://www.geocities.com/dent0110/2004warroad.html

T.J. Oshie must be pretty darn good as well.

There are some familiar names on that roster...

Aaron Marvin - related to Lee? I might be wrong but didn't Lee's dad play for UND also?

Andrew Hasbargen - Adrian Hasbargen relation?

Aaron Marvin - related to Lee? I might be wrong but didn't Lee's dad play for UND also?

Andrew Hasbargen - Adrian Hasbargen relation?

Lee's dad? I don't think so. Grandfather and a couple of uncles I believe it was.

I'd guess Andrew Hasbargen knows one of the womens team goalies. ???:glare: