SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

Honestly maybe I am looking at the world through kelly green glasses but I can't for the life of me understand how a logically sane kid from North Dakota who lives on the west side of the border would chose UofM over his home town team. To each their own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Karl, Zach, Brandon, etc... I'm going to need more than a recruit per year to settle this ledger. Though it seems we have started a good thing. :ohmy:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the instate recruiting topic, but news nonetheless,

Jimmy Spratt, a decent goaltender that I thought the Sioux should look at for next year, has been signed to play for Bowling Green.

I'm thinking that maybe we should recruit a good goaltender for 06 and take a walk on like Moreland in 05. What do you think?

Karl, Zach, Brandon, etc... I'm going to need more than a recruit per year to settle this ledger. Though it seems we have started a good thing. :ohmy:

Look, I think everyone can understand that sometimes ND kids have to "settle" for playing for the maroon and gold. But I think Goon's point was "how can you be a life-long fan"?

:lol:

I see that USCHO has created a recruiting section.

http://www.uscho.com/news/recruiting.php

There is one article on there about early signing period awards that has several UND connections including this one.

The Dean Blais Award (Lifetime Recruiting Achievement)

And the ESPA goes to: Minnesota coach Don Lucia and his staff

It was remarkable that Blais' staff could get supreme talent to flock to Grand Forks, North Dakota before the palace on the prairie. Lucia's crew is equally remarkable for annually retooling without breaking a sweat. Do these guys even have to make phone calls? Last year, they lost Keith Ballard, Troy Riddle, Grant Potulny and Thomas Vanek

• 4 weeks later...
I was looking through the USHL site at the college commitment lists and saw there were 3 for the 04-05 season...

Miller,Brad-Green Bay

Lee, Brian- Lincoln

Oshie, T.J.-Sioux Falls

http://ushl.com/college/index.cfm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is nothing new really. Miller has been playing all season with Green Bay and doing alright but not great. Brian Lee is spending most of the season with Lincoln, only not being there for the period of time when the MN HS season is going on. So he's been in only a few games thus far with Lincoln because of the high school season starting up. After that season ends, watch for him in Lincoln.

TJ going to Sioux Falls is probably the same system Brian is using in Lincoln: Play the high school season out and then join the USHL for the remainder of that season. I'm thinking Vandevelde will do the same.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tyler Swystun who finshed right behind Toews in the World tournament is considering UND next year.

He seems the next prized recruit next after Kessel. He's an 88' and accelerated a year in school. It seems that Michigan is in the front running.

This would be amazing if UND could pull this off.....