SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Kris Chucko on the 'A' list too! Hopefully he will follow Zajac's lead and sign with the Sioux!!!

If Blais could sign Chucko and Duncan, that would be HUGE!!!!!

Also, I noticed that under the North American Hockey League there was a Trevor Ludwig, any relation to the Ludwig that played at UND?

Rylan Kaip-RW Notre Dame (SJHL) 6'0 176 1-21-84 NORTH DAKOTA

Heisenberg has this player listed as a new commitment for the Sioux. He has apparently flown under the radar, as I haven't seen his name floated about the internet. He will be 20 when he arrives in the fall, which will perhaps add a little physical maturity to the squad, which has gotten steadily younger in the last few years.

Any info on Rylan would be appreciated.

Thx, CRR, for the Herald link. 2 quotes that got my attention:

"Blais said you never know what will sway a potential recruit. He tells of a player from British Columbia the Sioux are interested in who visited the Boston-area colleges, but didn't like the big city." (Wonder who he's talking about here?)

"There might be just eight or nine kids out there every year who can make a difference," Blais said. "You'd better get maybe three of those."

If anyone has any more info on Rylan Kaip, please let the rest of us know. Thx...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the status is of Spirko or Chucko as far as official visits or

commitments.Do we have room for both of these recuits for next year or are they

looking at 2005.Over on POI they seem to think that Spirko is the real deal.Maybe this has been asked before but how many scholarships are allowed,or is there a

roster limit?

The Salmon Arm site has a couple of recent video clips; Zajac with a game tieing penalty shot (nice move) and Chucko with the GWG, as well as a Chucko fight.

http://www.sasilverbacks.com/media.php

Assume since Duncan is a senior and listed for 2005 he will play juniors a year.

Check out the highlights for the "Free Fish n Chips" game. Zajac is number 15. He scores the second goal by going right around the defenseman. He scores the seventh by dancing from the corner to the slot, and he sets up the eighth by again walking right around the defenseman and then dishing to a teammate for an easy tap-in. Who knows what the future holds for Zajac and Chucko, but it's nice to have Zajac all signed up, as he looks to be a heck of a player.

On an unrelated note, it appears that BC got jealous of big number 2 and got themselves a Matt Greene coming in next fall. No relation I'm sure, but amusing nonetheless. :silly:

Information is according the Heisenberg (I think that's the name of the site) But I lost the link.

UND only has 3 players signed for the 2004 season and no one signed for the 2005 season.

Oh you poor dears! UMD has only one pro draftee (Neil Petruic--D Ottawa Senators).

Sandy does a great job of recruiting, but it's difficult to compete with teams like UM, UND, etc.

Oh you poor dears! UMD has only one pro draftee (Neil Petruic--D Ottawa Senators).

Sandy does a great job of recruiting, but it's difficult to compete with teams like UM, UND, etc.

Just because they are drafted doesn't mean they are sure things.

As much as the sophmore slump has it, I predict Isaac R will go pro after 4 years and may even backstop in the NHL. Someone that good can't go south permanently.

In any case, Siouxhockey03, are wrong about UND's recruiting.

Taylor Chorney will be on campus in 2005.

Next year's recruits are: Luke Beaverson (D), P. Lammareaux (G), Kyle Radke (D), Zajac (F), and maybe Ryan Duncan (F: Rumor has it that he may delay until 2005).

Dogz have signed 3 so far for 2004:

Matt McKnight W (AJHL)--6-2 190. Leads team (Camrose Kodiaks) in G, A, and Pts. 11-19-30 in 22 games.

Travis Gawryletz D (BCHL)--6-0 195. Leads team (Trail Smoke Eaters*) D-men with 2-7-9 in 14 games.

Jay Rosehill D (AJHL)--6-3 200, should add size to blueliners. 204 PIM last year. 1-4-5 in 14 games this season. Plays for Olds Grizzlies. 2003 7th round pick; TB.

*--What kind of nickname is that??

...and yes, I think Reichmuth will/should be drafted.

Eep, I forgot about Rylan Kaip (F) who is coming in in 2004 for the Sioux so, there are more than just 3 coming in.

Dogz, Isaac won't be drafted. It isn't very common (despite recent drafts) to see a goaltender get drafted. They usually are recruited by NHL teams and signed as free agents. Good example: Ed Balfour. He was not drafted and instead was signed by the Blackhawks as a free agent.

I guess I can see how drafting goaltenders would put an NHL team at risk. If Issac can have anywhere near the amount of success that Belfour had, that would really be something. Hopefully he will pull out of his slump and turn in some performances like he had last year near the end of the season.