SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers Saturday

The Whistler

Wow. Brad Schlossman sees the "diver down" flag, too. Check out his goal summary

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

It's really too bad that diving gets rewarded. Not sure if THAT is what cost us the game....but it sure made it harder to win. :D

Cepis makes Robbie Earl look like a saint. BUT, as long as it gets rewarded, keep it up by all means.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cepis has now taken over the crown from Robbie Earl as the biggest diver in college hockey. Touch him and down he goes and half the time the stick goes flying too. What a piece of crap. The worst part is Derek Sheppard believed it every time. Game tying goal beause of a dive. What a waste.

No.

Garret Roe is still the crown. If Cepis was serious about usurping Earl, he'd've dove last night too.

It's just tough because when Earl was in the league, there really was only him diving consistently with a few players here and there diving as well.

Now, we have Roe and Cepis... doubly agravating.

By the way, VV got "tripped" or "hooked" in the game and slid into the boards. The Gopher player barely touched his skates. It was a dive. And the Sioux went on the PP.

So, is Cepis a cheap player for diving? I don't like him for doing so, but VV proved my point all along: Diving is only illegal if the officials are willing to call it. They aren't, so it's in play.

We should've dove more. Lamoreaux should've dove in the first period when he was high sticked. VV should've rolled on the ice when he was tripped with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

Cepis WILL dive tomorrow too. EXPECT IT.

It's really too bad that diving gets rewarded. Not sure if THAT is what cost us the game....but it sure made it harder to win. :D

Cepis makes Robbie Earl look like a saint. BUT, as long as it gets rewarded, keep it up by all means.

No dive, no power play, no power play goal. No scrambling after the goal that led to the second goal.

Sorry, but calling the dive is the key thing in the game. If the highly paid official hadn't screwed up the amateur athletic match would have likely ended differently.

No.

Garret Roe is still the crown. If Cepis was serious about usurping Earl, he'd've dove last night too.

It's just tough because when Earl was in the league, there really was only him diving consistently with a few players here and there diving as well.

By the way, VV got "tripped" or "hooked" in the game and slid into the boards. The Gopher player barely touched his skates. It was a dive. And the Sioux went on the PP.So, is Cepis a cheap player for diving? I don't like him for doing so, but VV proved my point all along: Diving is only illegal if the officials are willing to call it. They aren't, so it's in play.

We should've dove more. Lamoreaux should've dove in the first period when he was high sticked. VV should've rolled on the ice when he was tripped with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

Disagree completely. That wasn't a dive. You can clearly see the stick tripping VV based on the speed he was driving to the net at it's not surprising that he fell into the boards. And that's a dangerous play too since he went feet first into the boards.

And Cepis better hope he never crosses paths with me down in the metro. I can be a bitter, angry person with a wrath like no other.

No dive, no power play, no power play goal. No scrambling after the goal that led to the second goal.

Sorry, but calling the dive is the key thing in the game. If the highly paid official hadn't screwed up the amateur athletic match would have likely ended differently.

It happened TWICE. Both their PP goals were a result of Cepis diving. Had the official called the dive, it could have been a different game. Don't know for sure, and I don't want to use that as an excuse ... but I'm angry right now so I need to vent.

Disagree completely. That wasn't a dive. You can clearly see the stick tripping VV based on the speed he was driving to the net at it's not surprising that he fell into the boards. And that's a dangerous play too since he went feet first into the boards.

And Cepis better hope he never crosses paths with me down in the metro. I can be a bitter, angry person with a wrath like no other.

I don't know. It seemed like the stick was there when VV was already off balance.

It's not like the Cepis stick your leg out and fly through the air like his first dive.

It was amusing to listen to Scanlan and Sweeney invent ways to defend the calls of Cepis diving. The second time they bantered around the topic a little bit but that's it.

It reminded me a lot of the UW broadcasters stating how Robbie Earl fell so easy because of how he skates on his toes a lot. :D

It happened TWICE. Both their PP goals were a result of Cepis diving. Had the official called the dive, it could have been a different game. Don't know for sure, and I don't want to use that as an excuse ... but I'm angry right now so I need to vent.

The Refs should be embarrassed, and hopefully will be changed out for tomorrow...

-Both Shepherd and Hunt miss the stick to Mario's face in the first couple of minutes... play goes on...no powerplay for UND.

-Two dives by C-Piss, and two power play goals for the Rodents :)

-At least two "missed" (ignored) tripping penalties on the Rodents late in the third period. :D

-And don't forget the phantom penalty on Hextall....for being Hextall! The Sioux should have had a long 5 on 3 powerplay which would have been huge!

I'm beginning to believe the "tin foil hat" conspiracy theory.... Total Bull$hit one sided officiating... I'm sure I have forgotten to list a couple others too.

-And Redwing...Why would VV "dive" feet first into the boards at a pretty good clip? That's right, he wouldn't...no dive there.

I'm a coach, and its sad to see that the diving at the upper levels has matriculated its way down to the high school and youth levels. I've had guys come back to the bench and give me that "wink" and its absolutely gut wrenching as a coach. Its almost like the guys that flop in basketball, or the wide recievers that pretend to get interfered with and call for a flag on every incomplete pass.

I couldn't wait for Robbie Earl to be out of the league, and I'll now say the same thing for Jacob Cepis. The guy did what it takes to get his team a win, which I guess is the bottom line in the business, but I'll never have respect for that guy. He and Earl, and guys like Tony Voce can take credit for kids all over the country taking dives and taking the integrity out of a great game.

That being said, hats off to Kangas. Played a great game made some great saves. Hopefully in tomorrow's game we don't see goals that come from guys on either side taking belly flops.

The Refs should be embarrassed, and hopefully will be changed out for tomorrow...

-Both Shepherd and Hunt miss the stick to Mario's face in the first couple of minutes... play goes on...no powerplay for UND.

-Two dives by C-Piss, and two power play goals for the Rodents :)

-At least two "missed" (ignored) tripping penalties on the Rodents late in the third period. :D

-And don't forget the phantom penalty on Hextall....for being Hextall! The Sioux should have had a long 5 on 3 powerplay which would have been huge!

I'm beginning to believe the "tin foil hat" conspiracy theory.... Total Bull$hit one sided officiating... I'm sure I have forgotten to list a couple others too.

-And Redwing...Why would VV "dive" feet first into the boards at a pretty good clip? That's right, he wouldn't...no dive there.

the reffs looked the other way on all of these!

For the first time in about a month, I'm reminded how much losing sucks. I'm actually small-minded enough to blame officiating, and don't mind admitting it. Usually, I just say to myself that the boys have to skate through the BS piled on the ice by the zebras. I guess that's still true. I think the team will come out flying tomorrow night and put the rodents back in their hole. We'll punch our ticket to St. Paul and the Gophers can punch theirs to Daytona.

A-men to this!! Hard to see the outcome affected by the Zebras who still do not know how too call obstruction!!

The gophers did step it up compared to last night - but the Dahlstrom difference is the crappy refs. When it was said that Macloed wanted to goophs in the five - these blind zebras are trying there best. Missed calls on the sioux and timely calls for the goophs. What a bunch of crap. I am not into this conspiracy stuff. It is absolutely horse crap. The more I talk about this it just torques me off.

We did play a lot in our own end on the 3rd and we out shot the crap out of them the whole game. i'm not saying the sioux are angels and could have had a couple too - but the obvious lopsided calls in the 3rd - cmon. Games decided by bad officiating is just sick. Over and over - these guys need to go.

this is sooo true!!

As much as the loss stings...especially after taking a late lead...I have to say that in the big picture this could be a good thing. They obviously want to win today, and it would be important for their confidence. But to win 15, possibly 16, games in a row is a ridiculous winning streak. Most NC winning teams take one around this time. There's nothing saying they can't go out and win another 7/8 in a row. It starts tonight! Play hard through every whistle and get it done.

As much as the loss stings...especially after taking a late lead...I have to say that in the big picture this could be a good thing. They obviously want to win today, and it would be important for their confidence. But to win 15, possibly 16, games in a row is a ridiculous winning streak. Most NC winning teams take one around this time. There's nothing saying they can't go out and win another 7/8 in a row. It starts tonight! Play hard through every whistle and get it done.

This is also a good fact, but it is the Gophers! I would have so loved to put them away for the year now they have some confidence going into tonight! So we will have to bring our "A" game. Also we have the gophers and the four blind mice against us, it would seem!! :D

Someone sitting on the glass behind the Gophers bench should wear a Gophers jersey and one of those swim caps and goggles.

That would be great! Reminds of the late 80's and some of the things we used to pull!! The frozen badger at the old englstad was the best!! though !!

That was and should be an penalty every time it was in the offensive zone and might have negated a offensive opportunity.

Maybe Hakstol should request new refs tonight.

Listened to game on computer last night. Sounds like UND had a rough night.

Speaking of a rough night...listened to game in Ohara. Was standed there for 9 hrs. :):D Bad weather.

Got to my hotel in Jacksonville, FL at 4 am!!! Just going to enjoy some sun with a large bucket of balls in a while. :)

I know I'll have a better day than yesterday and I have no doubt UND will tonight as well!!

GO SIOUX!

No.

By the way, VV got "tripped" or "hooked" in the game and slid into the boards. The Gopher player barely touched his skates. It was a dive. And the Sioux went on the PP.

So, is Cepis a cheap player for diving? I don't like him for doing so, but VV proved my point all along: Diving is only illegal if the officials are willing to call it. They aren't, so it's in play.

well - if they won't call the dive - don't call the penalty that forced the dive - or is that too simple.

Tonight's game is going to be brutally hard-fought. A major key will be how UND responds after scoring a goal. That's usually a big enough key, but last night it seemed like they didn't understand how a team reacts to being down with their season on the line. If UND gets ahead late, they need to keep up the pressure. Drop the D back, but keep moving the feet and forechecking. The Gophers will come with serious heat and throw everything at the net looking for garbage (which they got last night.)

Tonight's game is going to be brutally hard-fought. A major key will be how UND responds after scoring a goal. That's usually a big enough key, but last night it seemed like they didn't understand how a team reacts to being down with their season on the line. If UND gets ahead late, they need to keep up the pressure. Drop the D back, but keep moving the feet and forechecking. The Gophers will come with serious heat and throw everything at the net looking for garbage (which they got last night.)

It seemed like the Sioux were trying to cycle the puck a little too much during their limited power plays....even though they had 46 shots it seemed like they could've put the puck on net more...even though Kangas seemed on we gave him alot of shots in his mid section...miffed on a few set-up passes...all in all just din't quite lookas sharp as Friday.