SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers Saturday

The Whistler

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how to ref. I am a ref. I am just saying that it should be consistent. Not a horrible night for the ref crew, but not particularly good either. And to make a game-deciding call on a bench penalty that was not in-play........

Serious question...............is this the first hockey "match" you have ever seen ?

MN played better tonight, but the Sioux consistently had the better of the play throughout the game and will win most games when they do that. MN's two third-period goals were the kind of shot the Sioux took 20 of tonight, but MN's just found their way into the net while UND's did not. I'm not thrilled with the extra game because they start to add up, with fatigue becoming an issue heading into the NCAAs.

It's pretty hard to ignore having too many men on the ice, especially when it's that obvious. Minnesota playing with a little more energy was the biggest difference in the game, but by the third period ND wasn't making the same crisp passes they had been all weekend, and seemed not to move their feet quite as quickly, whether to receive a pass, backcheck, or be in a good supporting position for the puck carrier.

One team is going to want it more tomorrow night, and I hope it's ND that's a half-step faster...

It's pretty hard to ignore having too many men on the ice, especially when it's that obvious. Minnesota playing with a little more energy was the biggest difference in the game, but by the third period ND wasn't making the same crisp passes they had been all weekend, and seemed not to move their feet quite as quickly, whether to receive a pass, backcheck, or be in a good supporting position for the puck carrier.

One team is going to want it more tomorrow night, and I hope it's ND that's a half-step faster...

And when the whole Gopher bench is in uproar for the call.

I'm not really down on this loss. Sioux just gotta come out tomorrow and put the Gophers in their place.

It was too many men for sure. Who do we think we are? Grafton/Park River?

But no referee of any experience should be calling that dive by Cephis. Funny how those bad calls always go in favor of the Gophers.

For the first time in about a month, I'm reminded how much losing sucks. I'm actually small-minded enough to blame officiating, and don't mind admitting it. Usually, I just say to myself that the boys have to skate through the BS piled on the ice by the zebras. I guess that's still true. I think the team will come out flying tomorrow night and put the rodents back in their hole. We'll punch our ticket to St. Paul and the Gophers can punch theirs to Daytona.

For the first time in about a month, I'm reminded how much losing sucks. I'm actually small-minded enough to blame officiating, and don't mind admitting it. Usually, I just say to myself that the boys have to skate through the BS piled on the ice by the zebras. I guess that's still true. I think the team will come out flying tomorrow night and put the rodents back in their hole. We'll punch our ticket to St. Paul and the Gophers can punch theirs to Daytona.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm disappointed but it's better to happen now than in a single-elimination game.

Cepis has now taken over the crown from Robbie Earl as the biggest diver in college hockey. Touch him and down he goes and half the time the stick goes flying too. What a piece of crap. The worst part is Derek Sheppard believed it every time. Game tying goal beause of a dive. What a waste.

I'm not really down on this loss. Sioux just gotta come out tomorrow and put the Gophers in their place.

I agree, I halfways expected this one to come down to the end with the Goofs season on the line. That plus the long winning streak made this look like a trap game, now we should be able to refocus and win it all. :D

Cepis has now taken over the crown from Robbie Earl as the biggest diver in college hockey. Touch him and down he goes and half the time the stick goes flying too. What a piece of crap. The worst part is Derek Sheppard believed it every time. Game tying goal beause of a dive. What a waste.

Do you really think Sheppard believed the dive? I think he just wanted to believe it.

Call me stupid, but did I read somewhere that Hak can ask for a new officaiting crew in game 3? If he can, I think he should excersice that option.

Well the way I understand the WCHA will try to change it up, if they can. It would depend on who's available. The thing is with the WCHA you go from bad to worse.

Call me stupid, but did I read somewhere that Hak can ask for a new officaiting crew in game 3? If he can, I think he should excersice that option.

I think the rule was that no crew could ref all 3 games so I'd expect a new crew tomorrow night.

Well the way I understand the WCHA will try to change it up, if they can. It would depend on who's available. The thing is with the WCHA you go from bad to worse.

Remember, Hunt and D. Shephard are the best of the best for our league. :D We should feel fortunate we get these 2 and not someone like Anderson and Adam. :)

I still think for the play offs the refs should come from other leagues.

I agree, I wouldn't mind getting some Hockey East or even ECAC refs.

I remember when opposing fanbases would say the Sioux are going to be penalized like crazy cause of non-league refs in the NCAA Tournament. Yet it the Sioux played just fine with non-league refs.

Everyone knew that Minnesota would come out with more energy and would play harder. The home team did not have that edge that a team needs to have to finish off a sweep and that is why we will have a game on Sunday night instead of packing our bags for St. Paul. The Power Play sucked, the Penalty Kill sucked and we were average 5 x 5 for most of the game. We had a lot of shots from the outside tonight without enough traffic in front and most goaltenders will take that all night long. The Gophers did do a good job of plugging up the slot area and didn't give us too many rebound chances, but again, we should have expected they would tighten things up after last night and we didn't respond like I hoped we would have. And after we gave up two quick goals in the third to lose the lead, we kind of faded away.

We must get the lead early on Sunday and then keep pouring it on for 60 minutes or we'll be watching the Final Five on television instead of playing in it. And that will hurt our seeding in the NCAA tournament. I really think that this team's chances to make it to Detroit depend greatly on winning this series. Our season is on the line tomorrow night and we'll have to come out firing on all cylinders. I think we'll get it done, but it won't be easy.